• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parody Thread Urges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Trump goes on Twitter tirade, exclusively uses Woody pull-string quotes

"There's a snake in my boot!"

Not really a parody in a strict sense, but I had an urge to make a "Donald Trump movie reviews" thread after reading this in his voice. (SPOILERS for Arrival)

hmmmhh..

-generic CGI squid-like tentacle monsters, check
-Jeremy Renner, check
-cringey romance schlock, check
-sick/dying child for cheap empathy points, check
-gimmicky and played-out non-chronological progression to trick the viewer, check
-sucking up to China (to get the movie in their market) by showing them as a powerful nation that does the right thing, check
-linguistics = BOOORING, check

2.1/10, try again whoever made this movie.

j/k i enjoyed it very much lol, 8.7/10, much better than Gravity or Interstellar, slightly less amazing than Moon or Europa Report

NateDog

2 human centipedes, 6 Polygon charts

Anybody here collect Nutella fingers?

Russian bath lion kills 62 people

(I always feel bad parodying serious threads and especially threads about bad incidents but this is what I keep seeing when I see that thread.)

Actors/Actresses who ruined their careers with a singing movie

Zack Synder war on Christmas continues, Jesse Eisenberg to return all the presents

Daily Mail goes after Snoopy

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
2 human centipedes, 6 Polygon charts

Anybody here collect Nutella fingers?

Russian bath lion kills 62 people

(I always feel bad parodying serious threads and especially threads about bad incidents but this is what I keep seeing when I see that thread.)

I know that feels. But I still parody them. Either every thread is okay to make jokes about, or no thread is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom