• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same reason why Final Fantasy iOS ports aren't on Vita.

Because Vita

That and all of the Final Fantasies from 1 to X-2 are playable in some form on the Vita, either through PSP ports, PSOne Classics or (in the case of X and X-2) remakes. There's basically no point making new versions of games already available on the format.

kevin1025

Banned
Has anyone had the problem where you buy a game on the web store and then after downloading it on PS4 it was locked, saying you don't hold the license? I had to restart the PS4 three times before finally it was fine. Slightly concerning, especially since it was available to download and downloaded fine before saying that. Played the game a few times since, and no problems. Maybe there's a delay between the web store and the system licenses going through?

Certinty

So I had the disc version of Sly a few months ago on the PS3, now I've got the game free from PS+ on my Vita do I need to download the PS3 version to set up cross save? Would suck as I have no intention of playing it on the PS3 now.

So I had the disc version of Sly a few months ago on the PS3, now I've got the game free from PS+ on my Vita do I need to download the PS3 version to set up cross save? Would suck as I have no intention of playing it on the PS3 now.

To move your save from the PS3 to Vita?
Yes.

Zhao_Yun

This one doesn't look like it's been listed yet: Trailer just gone up on the Vita Lounge.

The Stranger of the Village of the Sword, another dungeon crawler by Experience, the maker of Demon Gaze. Looks like they are really going ll out to muscle in on Atlus's turf! :D

http://thevitalounge.net/the-stranger-of-the-village-of-the-swords-traps-monsters-shown-off/

I love the artstyle of that one! I hope Demon Gaze does well enough for more localized versions of Experience games.

Has anyone had the problem where you buy a game on the web store and then after downloading it on PS4 it was locked, saying you don't hold the license? I had to restart the PS4 three times before finally it was fine. Slightly concerning, especially since it was available to download and downloaded fine before saying that. Played the game a few times since, and no problems. Maybe there's a delay between the web store and the system licenses going through?
There is some unknown issue about the licenses with the games. It's odd, to say the least. If that happens, go to settings/options, network/account, restore licenses, and you should be good. This does need to get fixed, asap, though it's not *too* big of a hassle once you know the trick.

Be hyped, those first three games are just as good. Love the series, hopefully it's not a shitty port like the Jack & daxter collection.

Sly 3 is garbage. It's riddled with minigames nonsense and is too long for it's own good. I have the same issue with Sly 2 as far as the length goes but at least they had the sense to not crap it up with excessive minigames.

Sly 3 is garbage. It's riddled with minigames nonsense and is too long for it's own good. I have the same issue with Sly 2 as far as the length goes but at least they had the sense to not crap it up with excessive minigames.

Agreed. I loved the first two games (even platinumed them on the PS3 collection) but I just couldn't enjoy Sly 3 no matter how hard I tried. It suffered from Sonic friends syndrome, it focused on pretty much every character but Sly up until the final level.

That and all of the Final Fantasies from 1 to X-2 are playable in some form on the Vita, either through PSP ports, PSOne Classics or (in the case of X and X-2) remakes. There's basically no point making new versions of games already available on the format.

You're really stretching the term playable if you include the PS1 FF6 port. I tried to play it on my Vita... but those load times.... nah

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
What's the best way get images from the Vita to a url if imgur is being a pain?

co1onel

What's the best way get images from the Vita to a url if imgur is being a pain?

I use flickr because I'm too lazy to plug my Vita into the computer. If you mean after you already have the pics on your computer, then puush.me is pretty darn handy. You just drag the file onto the icon and it automatically uploads and copies a link of the pic to your clipboard.

Macnair

So the ESRB post everyone seemed to find earlier this week told you that Persona 4 was coming to PlayStation 3 as a PS2 Classic, but it didn't tell you when, did it? It didn't, but we're going to go ahead and tell you anyways. 

Persona 4 will be available to download on PlayStation Network beginning April 8!

Astute fans will recognize the date is three days before the main character transfers to Yasogami High School, so if you're the type of super-dedicated player that wants to play the game exactly to the calendar date, there's still time!

Just got the email. P4 PS2 Classic on April 8. Yes!

Question for PS4 owners:

Where the hell do I go to see my screenshots/vids i've taken? I feel like it would be in an obvious place but I can't seem to find it

coolasj19

I use flickr because I'm too lazy to plug my Vita into the computer. If you mean after you already have the pics on your computer, then puush.me is pretty darn handy. You just drag the file onto the icon and it automatically uploads and copies a link of the pic to your clipboard.
Oh wow. There's a Flickr app on Vita.how didn't I know about this?

coolasj19

It's only been available on PSN since around the Vita launch.
Yes it has. Actually,I remember downloading it the first time and then never again after I changed memory cards. Wonder if I should upload my hundreds of FFX HD screenshots

Tapejara

I think I scared my friends with my hype for Neptunia PP. It was all Skype IM's, but I could tell they thought I was crazy.

RK128

Been playing some of the games I got recently from the sales (Gurumin, GTA IV, Outland, Shoot Many Robots, CoJ: Gunslinger) and they all have been quite fun :).

Vita Gaf, you was right to praise Gurumin, as it really is a great game :). The controls feel really great and the drilling just feels fun to do. The colorful charm of the characters, the cartoony graphics, and the surprisingly great soundtrack all made the game have great presentation. I'm about...I think 50% done with the game (got about five-six of the monster items from the temples and got the fire/lightning elements) but I'm still having a blast with the game :).

GTA IV is a bit surprising to me, as I thought the game was horendous from the impressions online, but it really is good so far. The controls are good (about as good as San Adreas controls), the driving is a lot of fun (I love it when open world games have really lose driving; makes causing havoc all the more fun :)), and the story so far (at least from the first hour or so) has some good humor and the fact that you have semi-choice mechanics with the missions makes conversations with the characters all the more interesting. The hand-to-hand combat is shit, to be frank, but the game overall is solid so far.

Outland and Shoot Many Robots are good, with the former being MUCH better than the latter. Outland is interesting, as it feels like a very fast arcade game mixed with the slow-ish platforming you would find in Super Metroid/SotN (fitting, as to my surprise the Super Stardust/Resogun/Dead Nation guys made this) and while it is a bit off putting at first, the game has its own feel because of it. The game being so fast with its melee combat and the color-changing mechanics being well done, the game is fun so far and well worth the 2.50 I spent on it :). Shoot Many Robots is what I would imagine a 2-D spin-off of Borderlands would work, abet less good. The game is fun, with its cell-shaded look and semi-fun gameplay at work but the game feels...cheap? I guess that is the best word, as something feels a bit off with the game. Its still fun, but currently nothing super special.

Didn't get the chance to play Gunslinger (as my PS3 had issues installing the game for some reason) but considering the praise it gets on here, I'm sure it will be a lot of fun :). I'm just wondering something with the Ubi sale, do you guy's have any recommendations for the games on sale? Notably the Ghost Recon games, as Future Solder and Advanced Warfare are at good prices but since I've never played the GR games, I'm not sure I will like them. Any impressions would be nice :).

cafemomo

looks like ill be playing crash for the first time.

thank you ps+

BkWoMTeCIAA5drq.jpg:large

Tizoc

Been playing some of the games I got recently from the sales (Gurumin, GTA IV, Outlast, Shoot Many Robots, CoJ: Gunslinger) and they all have been quite fun :).

Vita Gaf, you was right to praise Gurumin, as it really is a great game :). The controls feel really great and the drilling just feels fun to do. The colorful charm of the characters, the cartoony graphics, and the surprisingly great soundtrack all made the game have great presentation. I'm about...I think 50% done with the game (got about five-six of the monster items from the temples and got the fire/lightning elements) but I'm still having a blast with the game :).

GTA IV is a bit surprising to me, as I thought the game was horendous from the impressions online, but it really is good so far. The controls are good (about as good as San Adreas controls), the driving is a lot of fun (I love it when open world games have really lose driving; makes causing havoc all the more fun :)), and the story so far (at least from the first hour or so) has some good humor and the fact that you have semi-choice mechanics with the missions makes conversations with the characters all the more interesting. The hand-to-hand combat is shit, to be frank, but the game overall is solid so far.

Outlast and Shoot Many Robots are good, with the former being MUCH better than the latter. Outlast is interesting, as it feels like a very fast arcade game mixed with the slow-ish platforming you would find in Super Metroid/SotN (fitting, as to my surprise the Super Stardust/Resogun/Dead Nation guys made this) and while it is a bit off putting at first, the game has its own feel because of it. The game being so fast with its melee combat and the color-changing mechanics being well done, the game is fun so far and well worth the 2.50 I spent on it :). Shoot Many Robots is what I would imagine a 2-D spin-off of Borderlands would work, abet less good. The game is fun, with its cell-shaded look and semi-fun gameplay at work but the game feels...cheap? I guess that is the best word, as something feels a bit off with the game. Its still fun, but currently nothing super special.

Didn't get the chance to play Gunslinger (as my PS3 had issues installing the game for some reason) but considering the praise it gets on here, I'm sure it will be a lot of fun :). I'm just wondering something with the Ubi sale, do you guy's have any recommendations for the games on sale? Notably the Ghost Recon games, as Future Solder and Advanced Warfare are at good prices but since I've never played the GR games, I'm not sure I will like them. Any impressions would be nice :).

Go get Might and Magic Clash of Heroes! it's a match 3+RPG hybrid with fantastic 2D visuals. Only major drawback is the long loading times, but if you look past it, you'll be treated to a fun game that'll keep you hooked for hours.
Takes 30-40 hours to 100% the main story, and while the start of the game is a little slow once you unlock chaining and linking, the game starts rocking.

For Vita, go grab Ys: Oath in Felghana and Ys Seven, they're from the same developers of Gurumin and are well worth their price.

Guess ill get p4 even though i have it for ps2 and vita, just to have it on my non backwards compat ps3

Hopefully Raidou 2 next next week and DDS the week after.

One can dream right?

Tizoc

Guess ill get p4 even though i have it for ps2 and vita, just to have it on my non backwards compat ps3

Hopefully Raidou 2 next next week and DDS the week after.

One can dream right?

Raidou 2 and DDS could be on US PSN.
Just not so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom