• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please prioritize Wipeout XL/2097 and Wipeout 3 released on PSN AND playable on Vita?
Come on guys, pay who you have to pay and get these games up

Li Kao

Yes to all.

I think Toukiden is the same genre though.

Oh, I wouldn't dare say I really know what I'm talking about there, but I was led to believe that Toukiden is more Monster Hunter and Ragnarok more Phantasy Star Online, and that while the two share similarities it wasn't really in the same genre.
I could be totally wrong, really missed the train on all those titles. Hence my curiosity.

Oh, I wouldn't dare say I really know what I'm talking about there, but I was led to believe that Toukiden is more Monster Hunter and Ragnarok more Phantasy Star Online, and that while the two share similarities it wasn't really in the same genre.
I could be totally wrong, really missed the train on all those titles. Hence my curiosity.

These Assumptions are correct

fernoca

Black Ops Declassified is..good. It's basically like playing the spec-ops multiplayer with less maps, but what's in there works and looks good. Kudos to Nihilistic for what they did in such short notice. And as noted with retail copies, you also get a voucher to download a PSP CoD game. I'm going fully digital at the moment, but that price..hmm...it's tempting.

Anyway, I just got Dead or Alive Plus digitally (game's looks and plays way better than I expected..quite surprised by it). So, those waiting on it should know that this means that it will be on sale 50/75% off next week, so keep an eye out!! :p

killatopak

Gold Member
Black Ops Declassified is..good. It's basically like playing the spec-ops multiplayer with less maps, but what's in there works and looks good. Kudos to Nihilistic for what they did in such short notice. And as noted with retail copies, you also get a voucher to download a PSP CoD game. I'm going fully digital at the moment, but that price..hmm...it's tempting.

Anyway, I just got Dead or Alive Plus digitally (game's looks and plays way better than I expected..quite surprised by it). So, those waiting on it should know that this means that it will be on sale 50/75% off next week, so keep an eye out!! :p

What? Do you have special powers or something? You sound like someone I know. He imports Japanese stuff and next month it'll be announced to be localized.

Palehorse

I'm looking to get Dragon Crown for Vita but it's still $40 at Walmart in Canada. Has PSN had a sale on DC at all yet?

Any reason to grab it now/hold off?

Novocaine

Outlast was the only really good game. Mercenary Kings awful invite system for multiplayer sucks also. I hate shit like this. I never had a PS3 I burrowed friends and hated interface but I wanted to believe PS4 was going to be just as good. But so far the 360 has been king for me. I'm sure the future will change this....I hope.

Resogun?

Also early adoption on consoles is always the same, ALWAYS. You should have expected this.

m0t0k1

Anybody got any experience with Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz for the vita? Thinking about buying it because i loved the one in the arcade and Gamecube but the one on the 3ds is truly horrible. I know there is a demo but the meat of the monkey ball games is always in the later stages.

cafemomo

Anybody got any experience with Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz for the vita? Thinking about buying it because i loved the one in the arcade and Gamecube but the one on the 3ds is truly horrible. I know there is a demo but the meat of the monkey ball games is always in the later stages.

got it for sale when it was for 500 yen

it's awful

Shinriji

The game is OK, not the best version of SMB, because the minigames aren't as good. There is a lot of stages, much of them are insanely hard. Using the gyro is awesome, but a little bit oversensitive. Game looks pretty good, at native res, 60FPS and lots of AA.

Retail version is about $10 these days, and for this price is a no brainer.

Takao

Banned

7ik9v4K.png

The Shield is more portable than that.

RK128

I got it for 14 something dollars back during the amazing PS Vita sale last Auguest and its a good game :). The game is good for just using face-buttons alone with Monkey Ball (as both Wii games had forced motion control) and the maps are quite challenging, so that part of the game is solid. The games visuals, while not super impressive, have vivid colors and (what I believe) runs at 60FPS with Native Res. Mini-Games, a Monkey Ball staple are good, as the classics like Bowling, Target and so on return (with some okay-ish new ones). The game as a whole is a good game but at it current price (30 bucks on PSN/20ish bucks at GameStop used) isn't worth it. The gameplay is solid, but its really just more of the same gameplay that you saw with Monkey Ball 1 and 2, and while that isn't a bad thing at all, those games are better then this. If you really want the game though, its not a bad game in the slightest and if it means anything, it has more content/features than the 3DS Monkey Ball :).

maouvin

It's never been on sale in UK. I'm waiting for a price drop too because the current price is too expensive for me.

Different publisher. On US it's by Atlus, who loves to put their games on sales (I'm pretty sure we get one every month).
It was brought to EU, if I'm not mistaken, by NISA, who isn't so nice.

You could import if a good deal shows up on US, since there's no relevant DLC for the game (yet).

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I'm looking to get Dragon Crown for Vita but it's still $40 at Walmart in Canada. Has PSN had a sale on DC at all yet?

Any reason to grab it now/hold off?
i buy dragon crown for $17.5 couple month ago, i don't know if Sony planning to discount DC again in near future.

Flandy

How do you know it's going on sale? Hope it's $10 (or less) like that sale a few months ago that I passed on.
edit: derp I read that wrong :lol

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

The level design is great and typical Super Monkey Ball gameplay. If you liked 1 and 2 you'll like this. It's pretty much the same thing. Hard as nails just like those games too.

However. Yes, there is unfortunately a however. However the way they've implemented the content is awful. Basically the only single player mode for the main game is challenge mode. This means you have to go through the entire game in one run EVERY TIME. With limited lives and continues. Considering how hard the game is, it makes it super frustrating. The game would have been a lot better if it had a SMB2 style story mode where you can just go one level at a time and save after each individual level.

As I said, as far as level design goes it's exactly what you expect from a SMB game. However due to you having to go through the entire game in one run every time with limited lives it's super frustrating for the wrong reasons. Not what you would want from a portable game either, since the game isn't very good in short bursts for this reason. Make your own decision. Personally I got the game the day it came out and didn't regret my purchase despite the frustrating aspects.

Is this the thread where i can ask technical questions about my Vita then?

If so: I am having trouble with my Vita, whenever i pause a game in midplay and simply put the Vita on standby, i notice that oftentimes the battery will be FULLY drained to the point it wont even turn back on anymore after like 1 or 2 days... what gives??

Anyone had this problem and knows a fix? I already have flight mode on so it can't be the Wifi right?

Spiegel

Playing MotoGP 13 (thanks PS+) on Vita makes me realize how I would take anything Gran Turismo related. I'm getting addicted to the game even with the modest graphics.

Sony, if you don't care enough to make a new game just port GT4.

Is this the thread where i can ask technical questions about my Vita then?

If so: I am having trouble with my Vita, whenever i pause a game in midplay and simply put the Vita on standby, i notice that oftentimes the battery will be FULLY drained to the point it wont even turn back on anymore after like 1 or 2 days... what gives??

Anyone had this problem and knows a fix? I already have flight mode on so it can't be the Wifi right?

are you pressing the sleep button mid gameplay or are you pressing the home button then the sleep once you're on the "desktop"...i'm pretty sure doing the prior drains your battery faster.

cyborg009

Banned
Playing MotoGP 13 (thanks PS+) on Vita makes me realize how I would take anything Gran Turismo related. I'm getting addicted to the game even with the modest graphics.

I wish Sony gave us port that we actually want....

Takao

Banned
It's ShopTo and a listing for Ratchet & Clank Collection on Vita. : /

That is what Mortimer left us. There's no longer any doubt in my mind that the mythical InFamous Vita is a port of the first game. Make an ugly game even uglier as it struggles to run on Vita ...

Number45

Replace the asterisks with shop to . net (without spaces)

That is what Mortimer left us. There's no longer any doubt in my mind that the mythical InFamous Vita is a port of the first game. Make an ugly game even uglier as it struggles to run on Vita ...
I love the firs Infamous, but that's going to look rough or run terribly. Or both.

cyborg009

Banned

The first inFamous is really really ugly, it hasn't aged well. And is very gray...

Number45

Is the PS4 iPad app not up on the store any more? Sure I had it installed previously, but can't find it in the UK App Store. :-/

RalchAC

I don't know what to believe after the post from that DriveClub director. Everything was really awkward.

Ah, my bad. I've been looking forward to this for a while and may have jumped the gun here.

Nah, no worries. I think ShopTo was banned because there were some problems with customer service.

I would be pleased with infamous on Vita. Without my PS3 I need a way to return to those games... But I would much prefer a new installment! Make some shorter infamous experiences each starring different conduits but in the same world and put that on Vita

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

Well you could always still play Gran Turismo PSP on vita by transferring from PS3 to Vita if you wanted. That game is hate it or love it though.

I would love a new GT on vita though for sure.

ramyeon

I've never played any of them, so I wouldn't even know where to start. Aren't they all related, the Devil Summoner as well?

And does anyone know if the Shinobi Classic port is anygood?
They're loosely related but more than that the battle system and other gameplay elements in Persona 3 are a bit less streamlined than 4. If you play 3 first you won't notice it but going back to it after 4 can make some of these things worse. Better to play it first imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom