• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinck

Hey guys, quick question about PS+ Save data on the cloud:

When a game saves to the cloud, does it also save on the vita memory card?

I ask this because my internet is currently absolute shit and sometimes just doesn't work...I was trying to play velocity ultra but I couldn't get into the game because I didn't have an online connection...is this because it couldn't access the save data ( that is probably stored online iirc ) or is it something else? I don't remember any vita game requiring online to play...

thank you in advance!

Tapejara

Hey guys, quick question about PS+ Save data on the cloud:

When a game saves to the cloud, does it also save on the vita memory card?

I ask this because my internet is currently absolute shit and sometimes just doesn't work...I was trying to play velocity ultra but I couldn't get into the game because I didn't have an online connection...is this because it couldn't access the save data ( that is probably stored online iirc ) or is it something else? I don't remember any vita game requiring online to play...

thank you in advance!

Whenever you use PS+ Could Saving, the Vita makes a copy of the game's save file and uploads it. So there is a save file on the memory card and in the cloud.

I just tested it out with Velocity Ultra and all I got was a message asking if I wanted to connect to Wi-Fi and that Wi-Fi was off. I had turned off Wi-Fi on my Vita to test it out, but I was able to bypass both messages. The game is playable offline.

What error message did you get?

Dugna

Man Raidou was definitely worth the money, the combat is rough but the whole theme of the game is great so far.

netguy503

Didn't know Sly 4 was a double platinum. Kinda wish I had known when I bought just the Vita version at launch.

Don't worry your playing putty squad. So that shitty game should quench your trophy whoring needs. :)

If it makes you feel better I owned Battle Royale on PS3 when it came out (two years ago? I had NO intention of getting a Vita back then) but thought the disc benefits only applied when you hooked up your vita to the system. I have done the sly disc benefits now (I'm surprised it works after a year knowing Sony and the fact my PS4 codes bundled with new systems stopped working after four months lol) and I smacked my head when it just took me to the store and added it to my cart. I DIDN'T NEED TO OWN A VITA!!! Now, Ive waited so long that PASBR can be had for $10 or under but still that's still a free $10 game.

I still have 30+ free games for vita (with crossbuy and plus, and 3 games on the way with this month's update) with only having to pay $162 so far on my vita purchases and getting a free 32GB memory card. So I guess I can't complain too much.

Tapejara

Don't worry your playing putty squad. So that shitty game should quench your trophy whoring needs. :)

If it makes you feel better I owned Battle Royale on PS3 when it came out (two years ago? I had NO intention of getting a Vita back then) but thought the disc benefits only applied when you hooked up your vita to the system. I have done the sly disc benefits now (I'm surprised it works after a year knowing Sony and the fact my PS4 codes bundled with new systems stopped working after four months lol) and I smacked my head when it just took me to the store and added it to my cart. I DIDN'T NEED TO OWN A VITA!!! Now, Ive waited so long that PASBR can be had for $10 or under but still that's still a free $10 game.

I still have 30+ free games for vita (with crossbuy and plus, and 3 games on the way with this month's update) with only having to pay $162 so far on my vita purchases and getting a free 32GB memory card. So I guess I can't complain too much.

You never actually told me what games you got. Now I understand why, too many to count.

Also, Putty Squad is...umm...yeah.

So, huh. The Vita game cartridge for The Sly Trilogy doesn't actually contain the Sly trilogy.

https://ebgames.com.au/vita-165387-The-Sly-Trilogy-PS-Vita

Was this previously known?

This is the first I'm hearing of it. Doesn't surprise me though considering the PS3 version of Sly 3 is just under 10GB whereas the rest of the games are closer to 5GB. Must have been impossible to make the file small enough for the Vita's cards.

Flandy

So I went to Gamestop to try to pick up Black Ops Declassified for 10 bucks. Gamestop said it was online only. feelsbadman

Amazon price match pls

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So I went to Gamestop to try to pick up Black Ops Declassified for 10 bucks. Gamestop said it was online only. feelsbadman

Amazon price match pls
Dude. Take it as a sign. Don't buy it.

netguy503

Amazon price match pls

won't bestbuy price match that if you show the online ad to them on your phone?

I'm not trying to encourage a sale of that game, mind you.

Flandy

won't bestbuy price match that if you show the online ad to them on your phone?

I'm not trying to encourage a sale of that game, mind you.

According to the website it's not in stock at my local store. Also, I've read that they don't pm gamestop for some reason. Don't know if that's true

TomShoe

Banned
Who said anything about playing it? I'm just taking advantage of the sale now so I can play it some other time :p

Eh, it's pretty awful. I'd prefer KZ:M and Unit 13 instead, but at $10, I don't see why not.

Opinions on buying the OG Vita vs. the new 2K. From what I've heard on the thread, the benefits of the new Slim outweigh the screen downgrade. I'd also prefer to buy it new, since I don't like buying consoles when someone else has had their dirty fingers on it.

That, and a collection for Vita. Jak & Daxter, Sly, or should I hold out for Ratchet & Clank?

So what's the deal with ZoE HD on PSN? Why is the bundle more expensive than the two separate games? Did both versions get the 1080p patch?

Tapejara

Eh, it's pretty awful. I'd prefer KZ:M and Unit 13 instead, but at $10, I don't see why not.

Opinions on buying the OG Vita vs. the new 2K. From what I've heard on the thread, the benefits of the new Slim outweigh the screen downgrade. I'd also prefer to buy it new, since I don't like buying consoles when someone else has had their dirty fingers on it.

That, and a collection for Vita. Jak & Daxter, Sly, or should I hold out for Ratchet & Clank?

Jak & Daxter is supposed to be a pretty "meh" port. I'm not sure how bad it is, but I've heard people say it's tolerable to downright unplayable.

Sly will likely be a good port because it's being handled by Sanzaru. I'd say go for Sly. Mostly because Sly is fucking awesome.

cafemomo

Who said anything about playing it? I'm just taking advantage of the sale now so I can play it some other time :p

but for 10 dorrus you can't get all these fine games.
bhcLgzU.jpg

RK128

Is there a single PSM game that stands out among the rest? Anything really great?

I don't get PSM games, but from the ones to Sony gave out for free, Super Crate Box, Bike Rider DX and Passing Time were a lot of fun :). They aren't the deepest games, but they offer fun, quick gameplay that play really well with the Vita.

You should also check out VitaBounce as well. Not for it being a good game, as...its quite bad, but its just histerical how bad it REALLY is! See for yourself :).

Blinck

Whenever you use PS+ Could Saving, the Vita makes a copy of the game's save file and uploads it. So there is a save file on the memory card and in the cloud.

I just tested it out with Velocity Ultra and all I got was a message asking if I wanted to connect to Wi-Fi and that Wi-Fi was off. I had turned off Wi-Fi on my Vita to test it out, but I was able to bypass both messages. The game is playable offline.

What error message did you get?

It simply kept saying "Wi-fi is turned off" . I turned it on, but there was no connection at the time, so it simply said "please wait" until it gave an Error ####. Once I got my connection back it all went fine.
Very strange, I really just couldn't bypass the "Wi-fi is turned off", it simply got me back to the game screen (where you need to tap to enter the game). I will test it later again, maybe it was some wierd bug...

Thank you for the answer btw :)

RK128

Got Black Ops Declassified (I know its bad....but for 10 bucks it can't be THAT bad) and Hot Shots Golf Vita the other day and have to say, Black Ops Vita isn't as bad as you guys are stating. Sure, it lacks ALOT content (no proper campaign mode, poor performance compared to the console COD's) but for 10 dollars, it isn't that bad. The mini-missions are okay-ish enough to pass a hour or so and the online IS COD online, and even if it isn't in its best from, its on the Vita at the very least. I like Killzone, Oddworld, Uncharted and Unit 13 much more than this but for only 10 bucks (only a dollar more than I payed for Killzone during the 14 for 14 sale), it isn't that bad of a get.

Hot Shots is really good :). The game really pops off the Vita screen and the golf controls are really great. It's going to be a great game to relax to whenever I get upset or something with the peaceful music, bright colors and really charming characters, so for 13 bucks used it is a great game to get :).

I look back on my library of Vita games and am just really surprised HOW many games I have for the thing...111 games across PSV, PSP, PS1, PS Mobile and PSN Indie games.... Its just is amazing that for a system I JUST got not even a year ago, I own more games then my Wii, DS, GBA and GC combined! (PS3 has about....80-90+ games from PS+ sales and free games). I really love the system and to own more or less all the games that have landed on it is just...really something to say the least :).

Takao

Banned
Yu-Nama is pretty great. Rymdkapsel and Passing Time too. Kind of a shame they're stuck on PSM really.

Yu-Nama has a native Vita port that's coming to North America under the title of "No Heroes Allowed, No Puzzles Either!". It's a F2P version of the game, with some additions. In Japan I believe you could pay $12 to just take all of the F2P stuff away.

Tapejara

It simply kept saying "Wi-fi is turned off" . I turned it on, but there was no connection at the time, so it simply said "please wait" until it gave an Error ####. Once I got my connection back it all went fine.
Very strange, I really just couldn't bypass the "Wi-fi is turned off", it simply got me back to the game screen (where you need to tap to enter the game). I will test it later again, maybe it was some wierd bug...

Thank you for the answer btw :)

Glad to [try and] help :). I got the same message, but I pressed okay and was taken to the game screen as well. From there I could start playing. Weird that you couldn't progress any further. Like you said, probably just a bug.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So what are some good PSP JRPGs? need some recommendations.

Already planning to get trails in the sky and disgaea. Might get tatics ogre too.

Edgeward

Jeanne D'arc
Growslanser
Persona 2 Innocent Sin
Half Minute Hero
Riveria

Unfortunate that some of the best ones are not on psn
Valkyrie Profile
Star Ocean 1/2
Birth By Sleep
Crisis Core

Antiwhippy

I can't find jean d'arc on PSN either, which is a shame because I remember being pretty interested in that back in the day.

really a shame Valkyrie Profile Lenneth, Crisis Core, and Birth By Sleep aren't available on Vita.

Valkyrie Profile 2 PS2 Classic when?

Antiwhippy

Ooh, cytus lambda is on PSM? Definitely would recommend that if you like technika tune, though it's not as good as tune.

Daouzin

I can't find jean d'arc on PSN either, which is a shame because I remember being pretty interested in that back in the day.

I had a similar problem finding Gurumin after they posted a press release saying they lowered it to $9.99 just a few days ago.

Is this a common thing on PSN for Vita? (games disappearing)

Are you looking on the VITA store? Jeanne d'Arc isn't on the VITA store although it's compatible. You need to but it either from the web store or your PS3 and download it from the latter, then copy the installation bubble onto your VITA. I just did this about a week ago.

Antiwhippy

No
Use the webstore
I linked it in an above post

Huh, does that mean that some games won't appear on the PS3 store too?

That's really weird.

Also why is Persona 2: eternal punishment on the store but not innocent sin?

Tizoc

Huh, does that mean that some games won't appear on the PS3 store too?

That's really weird.

Also why is Persona 2: eternal punishment on the store but not innocent sin?

IIRC one of the Persona 2 games could be exploited to have custom firmware installed on your Vita allowing you to play PSP ISOs and other emulators running on it or the like.
Innocent Sin will be put back on US PSN soonish IIRC.

EDIT: It's also not worth questioning why some stuff can only be found via the webstore, just use the webstore and if it is not on there then you could ask I guess @3@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom