• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalchAC

So, huh. The Vita game cartridge for The Sly Trilogy doesn't actually contain the Sly trilogy.

https://ebgames.com.au/vita-165387-The-Sly-Trilogy-PS-Vita

Was this previously known?

Mem card problems stike again :(

Sad, but it the games work good I'll buy them anyway.

IIRC one of the Persona 2 games could be exploited to have custom firmware installed on your Vita allowing you to play PSP ISOs and other emulators running on it or the like.
Innocent Sin will be put back on US PSN soonish IIRC.

EDIT: It's also not worth questioning why some stuff can only be found via the webstore, just use the webstore and if it is not on there then you could ask I guess @3@

I think Sony said they'll put it back on PSN soon.

redcrayon

PSM wise, console saga is decent so far.
Yeah, I'll second Console Saga as a reasonable little platformer for the price. Main character is effectively a GameBoy crossed with Bionic Commando, equipped with a grapple beam and an upgradable machine gun as he collects cartridges and bits of code. Lots of nice nods to retro games.

Daouzin

Are you looking on the VITA store? Jeanne d'Arc isn't on the VITA store although it's compatible. You need to but it either from the web store or your PS3 and download it from the latter, then copy the installation bubble onto your VITA. I just did this about a week ago.

This seems like a weird system, I found the game I was looking for as well this way. What gives?

Piotrek

What's the general consensus on Portable Ops? I just finished Snake Eater and want to move on to Peace Walker but I remembered about this one.
The opinions I've read are kinda mixed. Some call it a Peace Walker beta, some call it a worthwhile game providing some valuable context to the hero->terrorist transition and a foreshadowing of Outer Heaven.
I'm much more interested in the plot that in the mechanics, as the controls seem very PSP-ish (i.e. kinda clunky)
So what's the verdict? Play it or go watch the cutscenes on YT and read the plot synopsis on metalgear wikia?

Li Kao

While I was toying with the idea of buying a monster hunting game yesterday (I caved and bought Toukiden) I felt like finally playing the Metal Gear series in order. The joke ? I don't have MGS installed on the memory card anymore and just sold my PS3 a few months ago...
Is there still no other way to install the game than a copy from PS3 ? >_>

Phii

Banned
Whats fhe deal with Destiny of Spirits taking forever to transfer between Vita/PC and vice versa?

Interesting, this happens to me as well. Not to mention that I'd some issues downloading the game from PSN (using the Vita). The download wouldn't proceed sometimes.

Every other games I've checked (using firmware 3.12) doesn't have these problems.

wilflare

While I was toying with the idea of buying a monster hunting game yesterday (I caved and bought Toukiden) I felt like finally playing the Metal Gear series in order. The joke ? I don't have MGS installed on the memory card anymore and just sold my PS3 a few months ago...
Is there still no other way to install the game than a copy from PS3 ? >_>

hmm did you by any chance backup MGS on your PC via content manager before? you could use that to transfer the backed up file back :/

if not, welp

Li Kao

hmm did you by any chance backup MGS on your PC via content manager before? you could use that to transfer the backed up file back :/

if not, welp

Nah, pretty sure I have no PC backup. Stunning how some things don't change. Well, it's not the end of the world as I already had to buy another PS3 one day, but still...

Novocaine

What's the general consensus on Portable Ops? I just finished Snake Eater and want to move on to Peace Walker but I remembered about this one.
The opinions I've read are kinda mixed. Some call it a Peace Walker beta, some call it a worthwhile game providing some valuable context to the hero->terrorist transition and a foreshadowing of Outer Heaven.
I'm much more interested in the plot that in the mechanics, as the controls seem very PSP-ish (i.e. kinda clunky)
So what's the verdict? Play it or go watch the cutscenes on YT and read the plot synopsis on metalgear wikia?

Yeah, don't buy Portable Ops. Peace Walker is decent though.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The Trials Fusion $40 price is for a bundle I thought. The game + the $20 season pass for four DLC expansions (@$5 a piece).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Imo Portable Ops >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Peace Walker, but most of the people simply don't want to handle the dragging of the bodies to the camion in PO so they prefer PW, but basically everything is better in PO, especially the story that it's a real joke in PW, hands down the worst story i have ever seen in a game, and i usually don't care about stories.

AHA-Lambda

Hi guys, I'm getting a weird error on my ps4 copy of mercenary kings, when I select it it gives me an error saying I don't have permission to access the title, but I do I downloaded it from ps+ and am still a valid member. Help!

Hi guys, I'm getting a weird error on my ps4 copy of mercenary kings, when I select it it gives me an error saying I don't have permission to access the title, but I do I downloaded it from ps+ and am still a valid member. Help!
Go to settings > PSN > restore licenses, this should do the trick.

RK128

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/06/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-482014/

Drop is up. Not able to write anything again this week. :( Real life, man.

I'll help man :).

King Oddball - PS4 — Digital (Cross Buy with PS Vita):
Its a fun little indie game where you play as a giant face and...I really don't know much about this :(. Here is a video for what it is about for anyone interested.

LEGO The Hobbit - PS3, PS4, PS Vita — Digital, Retail:
The classic Lego videogame; you have a semi-open world (I think if Lego Marvel/Lego Movie Game are any indication) where you can explore to collect studs while you play through parts of the two Hobbit movies (in the classic Lego charm). Keep in mind that the PS Vita version is based off of the 3DS version (like ALL Lego games :l), so if you want the most traditional experience, get either the PS3 or the PS4 (which might have the best performance; Lego Movie Game had a resolution over 1080p for the PS4).

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 - PS2 Classic:
The game is famous here, so I don't think I have to explain much :). Its a fun RPG set in a high school setting where weird things happen. I don't own the PS2 or Vita versions (as I'm not the biggest RPG fan), but the PS2 version is quite good from what I've seen and even if it lacks the bonus content from the Vita version, its 10 bucks cheaper, so everyone now has a chance to check the game out :).

Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut - PS4
This is a space combat game in the vien of the Factor-5 Star Wars games (at least if this video is right) and it looks really cool :). A nice addition to the PS4 library if anyone is interested :).

Takao

Banned
So apparently Konami released Yu-Gi-Oh! Tagforce 5 on PSN a few weeks ago in Europe, but it's not Vita compatible. Why would they do that?
It's because they're planning on launching Millennium Duels on it, isn't it? :(

wilflare

after switching to 100pp, the thread moves so slow ><
maybe I should switch back to 50pp to get the feel of 1080p60

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
So apparently Konami released Yu-Gi-Oh! Tagforce 5 on PSN a few weeks ago in Europe, but it's not Vita compatible. Why would they do that?

WHAT?!?!?!?!?
It costs only 9.99€! I'll buy it and play on PSP eventually!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Oh my god Outlast is amazing. Best horror game I've played in years. Really good atmosphere, I've been legit scared many times so far and the gameplay seems really well done. Super tense. I'm playing on hard and it seems like the difficulty curve is perfect so far. At some point I need to try out the game on remote play on the Vita with headphones in a dark room.

Also I can't believe the devs actually modeled those dicks. Right down to the veins. I'm not the only one that couldn't resist zooming in on those dicks with the camera, right? Now that I think about it I regret not pressing the share button...

VLiberty

King Oddball - PS4 &#8212; Digital (Cross Buy with PS Vita):
Its a fun little indie game where you play as a giant face and...I really don't know much about this :(. Here is a video for what it is about for anyone interested.

LEGO The Hobbit - PS3, PS4, PS Vita &#8212; Digital, Retail:
The classic Lego videogame; you have a semi-open world (I think if Lego Marvel/Lego Movie Game are any indication) where you can explore to collect studs while you play through parts of the two Hobbit movies (in the classic Lego charm). Keep in mind that the PS Vita version is based off of the 3DS version (like ALL Lego games :l), so if you want the most traditional experience, get either the PS3 or the PS4 (which might have the best performance; Lego Movie Game had a resolution over 1080p for the PS4).

The game is famous here, so I don't think I have to explain much :). Its a fun RPG set in a high school setting where weird things happen. I don't own the PS2 or Vita versions (as I'm not the biggest RPG fan), but the PS2 version is quite good from what I've seen and even if it lacks the bonus content from the Vita version, its 10 bucks cheaper, so everyone now has a chance to check the game out :).

Strike Suit Zero: Director&#8217;s Cut - PS4
This is a space combat game in the vien of the Factor-5 Star Wars games (at least if this video is right) and it looks really cool :). A nice addition to the PS4 library if anyone is interested :).

King Oddball is a fun little physic-based game, got it for free with a store glitch. Lego (vita) ...eww

Codiox

Strike Suit Zero looks really good in the trailer, is it worth???

i loved Rouge Sqadron / Leader / Rebelstrike back in the days.

Shoyz

Oh my god Outlast is amazing. Best horror game I've played in years. Really good atmosphere, I've been legit scared many times so far and the gameplay seems really well done. Super tense.

What other horror games do you like as reference? Have you played Amnesia?
I haven't played Outlast, I watched an LP and it seemed..really bad after the first hour.

RalchAC

LEGO The Hobbit - PS3, PS4, PS Vita — Digital, Retail:

Is based on the 3DS version, right? No DS anymore which is what was holding back old games the most.

Everybody should buy it. And everybody should play it. Golden is better though, even if Chie's voice can be annoying until you get used to it.

What? I'd buy a Yu-Gi-Oh game without hesitating. Loved the series as a child and played the TCG a lot by then. I still ask sometimes stuff about it to a friend that loves the TCG.

I don't get what's the point of releasing it on PSN and not making it Vita compatible. Most people with a PSP don't have (and maybe don't want to) access to PSN.

Is it posible to download through PS3 and play it on the Vita?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Strike Suit Zero looks really good in the trailer, is it worth???

i loved Rouge Sqadron / Leader / Rebelstrike back in the days.

I have it on PC and love it. Really fast and arcadey once you get to the actual strike suit.

Shoyz

^The only Tag Force games worth playing are 1-3.

Better look at htol#niq's LE book and two new(?) artworks:
DlSpKfG.jpg
I still think it's heinous they aren't full-page artwork.
Also some soundtrack samples. (rename 1-6) (3 sounds sort of chase-sequency)

Flandy

I'm sorry gaf. $10 was too cheap for me to resist.
13676227643_e141b8d88f_o.jpg

They gave me a wristband or something too lol. Think they give it to the first 10 people who buy one of the games on the promotion

They're only supposed to give it away with Ghosts though :lol
codgsale.jpg

ZeroAKA

I'm sorry gaf. $10 was too cheap for me to resist.

They gave me a wristband or something too lol. Think they give it to the first 10 people who buy one of the games on the promotion
That wristband was the best part of your purchase.

phierce

So, I finally got around to playing through Strangers Wrath and really enjoyed it (will platinum it later today/tomorrow). Question... Has there been talks of a sequel? The last scene leaves it open for one, but I'm not in the know about Oddworld games.

If it ever happens, I'm day 1.

Persona7

Banned
Does anyone know if I can buy a PSN card on amazon using a gift account balance? I know previously they blocked some digital items if you tried to use a credit balance for some reason and I can't try it until later tonight.

So, I finally got around to playing through Strangers Wrath and really enjoyed it (will platinum it later today/tomorrow). Question... Has there been talks of a sequel? The last scene leaves it open for one, but I'm not in the know about Oddworld games.

If it ever happens, I'm day 1.
Unfortunately, no. It's a great game that takes place in a great universe, but there has been nothing about any sequels except an answer in a "what would fans like to see" poll made by Oddworld Inhabitants. I suppose the closest thing to a sequel we'll probably ever get is if The Brutal Ballad of Fangus Klot ever gets released.

Does anyone know if I can buy a PSN card on amazon using a gift account balance? I know previously they blocked some digital items if you tried to use a credit balance for some reason and I can't try it until later tonight.
Not sure about recently, but I remember being able to do so a few months ago.

phierce

Unfortunately, no. It's a great game that takes place in a great universe, but there has been nothing about any sequels except an answer in a "what would fans like to see" poll made by Oddworld Inhabitants. I suppose the closest thing to a sequel we'll probably ever get is if The Brutal Ballad of Fangus Klot ever gets released.
That kind of sucks, but that's pretty much what I expected to find out.

Thanks for the reply.

Flandy

I did this about 3 weeks ago. I was able to use my gift card balance but I need to input Credit Card info to actually buy the PSN card

Persona7

Banned

Not sure about recently, but I remember being able to do so a few months ago.

I did this about 3 weeks ago. I was able to use my gift card balance but I need to input Credit Card info to actually buy the PSN card

Thanks, that is good to know. I have not tried it since they put all the PSN content back on amazon a few months ago and previously they did not allow it.

VLiberty

Is based on the 3DS version, right? No DS anymore which is what was holding back old games the most.

That's what I was hoping, then I played the 3DS Lego City exclusive game and understood that they just aren't capable of making good handheld spin offs

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Not sure if mentioned and kind of a tangent, but since the games are on the vita store it kinda fits here....

Flying hamster hd and sunflowers are free on iOS store, if anyones been interested in checking those out, but haven't bought yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom