• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
DJ max techinka tune is fucking slick.

Just wanted to come in and say that.

The vita screen is not the best way to play it but it works well enough.

Number45

Man this Mercenray Kings freebie is awful, PS+ has been great for ps3 and vita, not so much for ps4 it seems.
I'm pretty happy with the PS4 offerings given what's realistically available to them to choose from. Resogun and Don't Starve are both great, and personally I think Mercenary Kings is a lot of fun - but it could do with a few tweaks (though I haven't played it enough yet).

Haven't played Outlast (yet). Contrast is the only game I didn't care for.

Flandy

$10 at gamestop
160058b.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified/102773

Am I bad a person for considering this since I haven't even played too much of Killzone?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
DJ max techinka tune is fucking slick.

Just wanted to come in and say that.

The vita screen is not the best way to play it but it works well enough.

Ugh, I wish they use buttons instead for this :/

$10 at gamestop
160058b.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified/102773

Am I bad a person for considering this since I haven't even played too much of Killzone?

It's not worth 10 bucks.

It's not even worth your Vita's gamecard slot even if it's free.

Eusis

It's not worth 10 bucks.

It's not even worth your Vita's gamecard slot even if it's free.
Even if both the slot and the card are free?

... That's still a few GB you could be saving on some massive game like Uncharted or Persona 4 (or the Atelier games had TK bothered with retail for them.) Geez, it's impossible to defend isn't it?
Man this Mercenray Kings freebie is awful, PS+ has been great for ps3 and vita, not so much for ps4 it seems.
It's about as good as it can be at this point, better perhaps. The system is new, you're not going to get full retail games as Plus titles unless something went horribly wrong or they built their business model around it (Driveclub?) and the indie selection's been pretty good in my eyes, at worst a lot of the games may just not be to your taste rather than out and out bad, the worst are probably Dead Nation and Contrast. I like Mercenary Kings, what little I played anyway, but maybe it goes south later or something.

vocab

Is soul sacrifice delta like the definitive version or an expansion ? I'm kinda interested in buying it right about now.

RalchAC

what's the difference between an definitive version and an expansion? its both...?

Definitive version* = vanilla game + DLCs (which were free, so it wouldn't make sense).

Expansion = vanilla game + new contents you can't get anywhere else.

*Sometimes called Game of the Year Edition, Game of the Century Edition (lol SR4 xD), Complete Edition and other nice PR hooks.

ramyeon

Is soul sacrifice delta like the definitive version or an expansion ? I'm kinda interested in buying it right about now.

what's the difference between an definitive version and an expansion? its both...?

Definitive version* = vanilla game + DLCs (which were free, so it wouldn't make sense).

Expansion = vanilla game + new contents you can't get anywhere else.

*Sometimes called Game of the Year Edition, Game of the Century Edition (lol SR4 xD), Complete Edition and other nice PR hooks.
In this case I think the definitions are different.

Definitive means the best, most complete version of the game. In this case it includes the original game PLUS the expansion contents.

Expansion only means it does not include the original game and is only extra content.

To make it more clear SSD includes the original game and extra expansion content/adjustments to gameplay and graphics. It is the definitive version as in, it is the best version of the game to get (At least once it's localised).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ugh, I wish they use buttons instead for this :/

Nah, it's the most unique aspect and honestly once you get used to it it's one of the best rhythm game gameplay, it's just that I have to figure out how to hold the vita while playing it. If you want buttons and worst music you might as well play diva f.

And I like vocaloid in general. :p

RalchAC

Definitive means the best, most complete version of the game. In this case it includes the original game PLUS the expansion contents.

Expansion only means it does not include the original game and is only extra content.

To make it more clear SSD includes the original game and extra expansion content/adjustments to gameplay and graphics. It is the definitive version as in, it is the best version of the game to get (At least once it's localised).

Well, you are right on these. This genre "expansions" always have original contents packed in, right?

I like Mercenary Kings, what little I played anyway, but maybe it goes south later or something.
Merc Kings keeps getting better so far from me. Negative reactions seem to be from those who haven't put the time in to figure out the systems. It's still possible they won't like it - like with me and Don't Starve - but the tone I'm hearing from naysayers sounds more and more entitled.

I mean, the pixel art in Mercenary Kings alone is worth some amount of money in my opinion. I don't know how society assesses value anymore.

Rixa

Vitaversion from King Oddball is crossbuy.
First buy Vita version 1,56€ PS+ members after that PS4 version is free.

More info in 10tons Twitter.
10tonsLtd said:
All of the weirdness will probably go away sooner or later. Price will harmonize, descriptions update etc.

So with paying just 1,56€ you get Vita & PS4 version of the game.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Oh hey, that'll probably move a few of em. Good idea.

Minecraft next mebbe?

They'll announce the Minecraft release date for PS4 and Vita and announce a PS4/Vita Minecraft cross buy bundle for a really good price point. Also individual PS4 and Vita Minecraft bundles.

Mebbe. Probably not.

oldmario

anyone that managed to get king oddball free yesterday and have a ps4 check your library, for some reason it's appearing in there too for free and i don't think this game is crossbuy

Number45

anyone that managed to get king oddball free yesterday and have a ps4 check your library, for some reason it's appearing in there too for free and i don't think this game is crossbuy
Been confirmed that it will be, further up in this thread I think.

EDIT: Yup. :p

ZeroAKA

$10 at gamestop

No, but you're a bad person for wanting CoD even though you haven't finished Tearaway yet.

Nah, it's the most unique aspect and honestly once you get used to it it's one of the best rhythm game gameplay, it's just that I have to figure out how to hold the vita while playing it. If you want buttons and worst music you might as well play diva f.

And I like vocaloid in general. :p
I've played the Japanese demo multiple times and still have not figured out how to hold the Vita properly while playing DJMAX. It's the only thing that's stopping me from buying it.

quickwhips

Outlast was the only really good game. Mercenary Kings awful invite system for multiplayer sucks also. I hate shit like this. I never had a PS3 I burrowed friends and hated interface but I wanted to believe PS4 was going to be just as good. But so far the 360 has been king for me. I'm sure the future will change this....I hope.

I would rather have indies as PS4 PS Plus games since there are more of those present unlike AAA but maybe Sony should over 2 games for PS4 Ps plus.

Outlast was the only really good game. Mercenary Kings awful invite system for multiplayer sucks also. I hate shit like this. I never had a PS3 I burrowed friends and hated interface but I wanted to believe PS4 was going to be just as good. But so far the 360 has been king for me. I'm sure the future will change this....I hope.

No love for Resogun? I thought that was by far the best PS+ freebie for the PS4. Hopefully we'll get knack or something "AAA" soon

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
$10 at gamestop
160058b.jpg

Honestly from what little of what I played, it was basically just the spec ops missions from CODMW2-MW3 and online was alright when it worked. It was at least better than Modern Combat 4 from what I played. I regret spending that $7 on launch of MC4 to this very day.

Fuck it, Imma pick this up.

Li Kao

So, please excuse me for the noobish question, let me get this straight :
- Soul Sacrifice Delta includes the original game.
- Do Ragnarok Odyssey Ace include it ?
- Do we know if the new Toukiden version include it ?
I'm trying to discover the genre (manner of speaking, I know Toukiden is not in the same genre than Ragnarok) but all these different versions are killing me atm.

killatopak

So, please excuse me for the noobish question, let me get this straight :
- Soul Sacrifice Delta includes the original game.
- Do Ragnarok Odyssey Ace include it ?
- Do we know if the new Toukiden version include it ?

I'm trying to discover the genre (manner of speaking, I know Toukiden is not in the same genre that Ragnarok) but all these different versions are killing me atm.

Yes to all.

I think Toukiden is the same genre though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom