• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, 999 is not required at all in order to play VLR, there is literally nothing that you have to know about 999 that isn't explained in VLR and it's also barely referenced.
Don't get me wrong, 999 is great and you should definitely play it (not the iOS version, though) but if you don't you can still enjoy VLR to the fullest.

Killzone and P4G are a no-no considering I hate shooters and english dubs in jrpgs and I actually downloaded the HSG demo but I didn't try it yet.
At this moment I'm mostly insterested in Danganronpa (I already played on the PSP so it's not a priority), Ys, Deception IV, Muramasa and Project Diva but they're still kinda pricey and I might have to import the last two since they have no physical release here.

How's Little King's Story by the way?

LKS is good and a unique genre for vita. it's been likend to pikmin ( i can't speak to that since i have no experience with pikmin). once you get a full team ( 20-30?) the game experiences pretty big slow downs mainly when you are in town. not game breaking unless you're anal about your framerates. has some light RPG elements in terms of leveling up characters, loot, basic stats ( health/power/defense) i really enjoyed it, some people don't. then again i wasn't a big fan of muramasa ( too much reptitive backtracking) and some people love that game

i'd say it's worth a purchase at 10-20$. unsure if there is a demo and if it does a good job capturing the essence of the game.

Moobabe

LKS is good and a unique genre for vita. it's been likend to pikmin ( i can't speak to that since i have no experience with pikmin). once you get a full team ( 20-30?) the game experiences pretty big slow downs mainly when you are in town. not game breaking unless you're anal about your framerates. has some light RPG elements in terms of leveling up characters, loot, basic stats ( health/power/defense) i really enjoyed it, some people don't. then again i wasn't a big fan of muramasa ( too much reptitive backtracking) and some people love that game

The Wii game is wonderful - the Vita version's slowdown can get pretty bad sometimes (to the point where I just stopped playing)

I'm not super anal about framerates or anything but I couldn't get along with it at all.

The Wii game is wonderful - the Vita version's slowdown can get pretty bad sometimes (to the point where I just stopped playing)

I'm not super anal about framerates or anything but I couldn't get along with it at all.

yea, too bad the vitas framerate isn't up to snuff as the wiis. i haven't finished the vita version yet, you might have been further then me when you put it down.

itschris

I haven't played a tower defense game in a couple years, so I'm actually looking forward to PixelJunk. It's pretty good right?

Yeah, it's great! I bought it when it first came out on Vita and I've gone back to it frequently since then to play another level or two.

Prelude.

i'd say it's worth a purchase at 10-20$. unsure if there is a demo and if it does a good job capturing the essence of the game.

Welp, I knew the framerate wasn't the best but I didn't think it was that bad. I'm probably going to watch some walkthrough to see if it's bearable.

VanWinkle

Cel Damage HD Vita port is very good. Native res and 60fps, though I did notice a couple of hitches one the first track I played. It's not necessarily an amazing looking game, and it looks like a pretty straightforward upres from Xbox, but that's fine if it means we get good image quality and framerate.

ibsDpP6rJwJ25Q.jpg

Xbox games ported to Vita seem to fare much better than PS2 games do.

Welp, I knew the framerate wasn't the best but I didn't think it was that bad. I'm probably going to watch some walkthrough to see if it's bearable.

LKS frame rate gets reallllllly bad once you built up a sizable army with a princess in tow. It's brutal and I'm not a huge stickler for FPS either, yet I stopped playing the game because of it.

Rolf NB

I think it's kind of meh really. It's a Pikmin clone a'ight, but everything they changed to deviate from the original feels like steps backwards. Just finding the kind of "Pikmin" you want in your town and then getting to the current place of interest can take more than half of the game day. You're essentially retreading the near-town locations over and over and over again.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
So how bad is Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate? Every review I ever read said it's not terrible but it's just boring.

Thinking about picking up either that or just getting Injustice although injustice has some crazy framerate issues with martian manhunter and the online is supposedly dead. Also mad that Vanilla Injustice on ps3 isn't discounted to 19.99 or something.

RalchAC

Honestly, 999 is not required at all in order to play VLR, there is literally nothing that you have to know about 999 that isn't explained in VLR and it's also barely referenced.
Don't get me wrong, 999 is great and you should definitely play it (not the iOS version, though) but if you don't you can still enjoy VLR to the fullest.

Killzone and P4G are a no-no considering I hate shooters and english dubs in jrpgs and I actually downloaded the HSG demo but I didn't try it yet.
At this moment I'm mostly insterested in Danganronpa (I already played on the PSP so it's not a priority), Ys, Deception IV, Muramasa and Project Diva but they're still kinda pricey and I might have to import the last two since they have no physical release here.

I think you should give a try to P4G anyway. It really is an amazing game. Dub is quite good for what I've heard (I'm not really sensitive to that kind of stuff).

I'll download VLR then. Little King's Story has some framerate problems. And it wasn't my cup of tea when I played it a while ago. People say it's like Pikmin, so if you liked those games, you should like this.

On the Vita store I see something about 14 free days of PS Plus, but when I tap on it I just see the standard subscription options. Anone know what that's about?

Sora_N

First time I heard that. I don't have extra money to buy 999 so I have hesitated to play VLR even though I have it on plus. I might start it if I get free time in a week or two. Felt super discouraged to even try it lol.

Is Cel Damage HD coming out in UK/Europe tomorrow, or are we waiting a few weeks for it?
Looking forward
oh god not really
to unlocking everything on it again.

Takao

Banned
Cel Damage HD Vita port is very good. Native res and 60fps, though I did notice a couple of hitches one the first track I played. It's not necessarily an amazing looking game, and it looks like a pretty straightforward upres from Xbox, but that's fine if it means we get good image quality and framerate.

ibsDpP6rJwJ25Q.jpg

Xbox games ported to Vita seem to fare much better than PS2 games do.

PC code ports to phone hardware better than Krazy Ken code. Not too big of a surprise.

So... I don't see the PS4 version of Cel Damage or the PS+ discount for it. Anybody else having a similar problem?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-blog-2014-04-22-playstation-store-update-340

I want me some Soul Caliber, what is the hold up?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-blog-2014-04-22-playstation-store-update-340

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
First time I heard that. I don't have extra money to buy 999 so I have hesitated to play VLR even though I have it on plus. I might start it if I get free time in a week or two. Felt super discouraged to even try it lol.

I agree with him. It's not essential at all. I mean having that knowledge of 999 gives certain parts of the game a little something extra, but honestly if I would have started with VLR I wouldn't have felt like I was missing that much. It's good to play 999 to give you a bit of background knowledge of certain things and characters, but it's not even close to a requirement.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Takao said:
PC code ports to phone hardware better than Krazy Ken code. Not too big of a surprise.
It's not just XBox - all platform ports to Vita have been getting consistently better results than PS2->Vita - including PS3, Wii and 3DS - to note obvious non-PC outliers.

Twinduct

I have a suspicion that the game is going to be gash as well.

Anyone willing to take the plunge?

Waiting for the SCEE keys to come out (Backed it). Still considering to ask if it's possible to exchange it for a steam key. Have a sneaking feeling that the game really won't be that much fun on Vita

Edit: Ugh, watched some Really early Beta footage of both the PC & the VIta version. Granted both of them are early as hell and I assume a ton has been fixed .. I still think I'll get more enjoyment from the PC version. Emailed them to ask if I can change platforms

Guys is Injustice for PS4 worth it at 25 dollars? Or should I wait for it to hit $20 or less?

Edit: I've never played the game btw. It is good?

Finally!

It... is... beautiful. Got P4G, Gravity Rush and LBP Vita. Also grabbed Urban Trials, Everyday Shooter and Retro City Rampage for $0.99 each the other day.
Don't feel like making another "just got a Vita" thread, so this one will do.

Thinking of getting Fez and/or Spelunky next. I really want Wipeout 2048 but I'll wait until PS Plus gets games I want so I can get it from there.
Could you post a pic of the back, I'm leaning towards yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom