• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamerloid

lets find out
jEit1p7LK4Uh.jpg

Does Andy post here?

Gamerloid

sony doesn't pay enough for him to post here ;)

do you have steam btw?

Yep. I'm hoarding games for when I build a gaming rig later on. I'm just waiting for Nvidia to announce Maxwell GPUs. The PC I'm currently using is pretty bad, it's running an Intel Graphics Accelerator 3000, duo core, 2GB RAM, and there's only 1GB left to spare on the hard drive...

I'm mostly on my iPad though.

cafemomo

Yep. I'm hoarding games for when I build a gaming rig later on. I'm just waiting for Nvidia to announce Maxwell GPUs. The PC I'm currently using is pretty bad, it's running an Intel Graphics Accelerator 3000, duo core, 2GB RAM, and there's only 1GB left to spare on the hard drive...

I'm mostly on my iPad though.

same username? my bro won't let me bum off his steam account and his riced out pc anymore so i got just back into my own account for the first time in a trillion years.

don't even know the specs of the main laptop that im using right now (it's a work laptop) but it's enough to play csgo and ffviii so im happy.

RK128

I'm a little confused, what free PS+ games are there for PS3 this month ?

For US its Batman Arkam City, Stealth Inc. (Cross Buy with Vita) and Castle of Illusion HD and for EU its Sly Cooper Thieves in Time (Cross Buy with Vita) and PES 14. Both solid line ups for anyone who never got the games :).

AmyS

For US its Batman Arkam City, Stealth Inc. (Cross Buy with Vita) and Castle of Illusion HD and for EU its Sly Cooper Thieves in Time (Cross Buy with Vita) and PES 14. Both solid line ups for anyone who never got the games :).

Ah thanks!

Gamerloid

same username? my bro won't let me bum off his steam account and his riced out pc anymore so i got just back into my own account for the first time in a trillion years.

don't even know the specs of the main laptop that im using right now (it's a work laptop) but it's enough to play csgo and ffviii so im happy.
Sent you a request for ease.

Will you be playing VIII with mods?

My name is Andy. Does that count?

All you need now is a parrot avatar!

Edgeward

Mercenary Kings is pretty good so far. Just got the gun and blade smiths and I like the controls, except the jumping is a little too sensitive to hops than jumps, and the gathering materials is neat. I wonder about levels, and if there is enough interesting layouts, but it is nice to see that MP is not stuck to a single screen, you can go anywhere you like without being tethered to other players. And online seemed to work well, got a guy join my game when I made it public and it totally fine.

Controls seem to map well to remote play too, so looks like I found something to do while watching TV.

Novocaine

Did I get a good deal? Was $12. Comes with a travel case, 4gb card, headphones, and a screen proctor. Don't have a case and an extra memory card/pair of headphones should come in handy. Should I keep it?
13573579894_c19c74513a_o.jpg

I use that sleeve all the time, I love it. Also the card case is nice because it holds my old 32gb memory card. I don't know where else I would put it where I wouldn't lose it.

Number45

Urgh, level timers, one of my pet peeves. If I want to take a long time, leave me the hell alone and just don't give me any bonus points.

Damn, Merc Kings is fucking tough. I thought doing it in coop would be easier, but you have shared lives, so its not.

Still haven't beaten the steel soldier mission because we all keep dieing.

One thing I fucking absolutely hate though is the respawning enemies. Fucking aggravating.

They should die but respawn on a timer. The way it is now, if you go offscreen for a bit, they respawn. Hate that.

Not really into Merc Kings but I'll try again later.

Movement is really stiff and I don't get a sense of satisfaction beating enemies when they respawn 2 seconds later. People compare it to Metal Slug and I think I prefer that game much more so far.
Well, this has murdered my hype for the game. I'll still download it, but frankly the timed levels alone would likely be enough for me to quit.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What is the best way to upgrade from a 32Gb to 64Gb card and keep all my games and wallpapers/folders etc? Full backup/restore or backup individual games? To PC or PS3? Is USB a lot faster than wifi?

Tiny Update on Minecraft (PS Vita/PS4)

- Don't have a date set on the Vita or PS4 versions. No news there as they didn't on the PS3 version either
- The map size of the Vita version will be closer to PS3 than PS4 (furthering what we've heard that the Vita version is close to the current Console Editions)
- Cross Buy hasn't been decided, but also not ruled out!

So basically non news. Just nice to hear anything on the Vita version, feared irrationally it may have been cancelled.

Been playing a bit of Tearaway and FEZ.

Tearaway just gotta have the best image quality of any 3D Vita game. It's so beautiful and crisp. The game itself is alright. I'm in the 4th area, I think
(just got the roll)
and it's still not terribly exciting or mechanically engaging. I hope it improves.

FEZ is still great. As I posted in the other thread, I only reached about halfway point in the PC version and never went back to finish it but I'm doing pretty good in the Vita version so far. Between this and Luftrausers I also remembered why the Vita is my preferred platform for 2D games: the d-pad and the OLED. It's funny how the Vita is closer to the GBA, my favourite handheld, than the 3DS is.

Flandy

I use that sleeve all the time, I love it. Also the card case is nice because it holds my old 32gb memory card. I don't know where else I would put it where I wouldn't lose it.

Guess I'll keep it around then. :)

edit: NOPE. It's missing the memory card

RalchAC

Never mind. Mostly mods are just to fix what is on PSX and enchantments to the graphics. I thought there would be mods like FFVII that increases textures, advant children models, remade original models, etc

You can look for FFVII HD mods in Google and find a nice couple of them. The remade original models were quite good, the AC a little shitty IMO.

Vishnu

Hopefully this isn't offtopic..

Im getting a new PS3 today, I sold my old one (yeah I know, wasnt smart).
But now I need to redownload 500Gb, best way to do this?

Im thinking hook it up through a cable straight to router, put PS3 IP in DMZ.
Anything else?
Last time I tried something like this it took 3 days on a 120Mb connection, and I really don't want to wait that long again.

PS3 downloads are so slow it bugs the hell out of me, PS4 and Vita are pretty fast for me.

Novocaine

Sadly for you, I think you're going to have to wait. Just download the games you want to play first then do the rest overnight.

Flandy

It's different to this?

If you look at the picture I posted there's an empty rectangle. There should be a 4gb memory card in that spot but there isn't D:

Yeah it came with the same cart case

- Cross Buy hasn't been decided, but also not ruled out!
There is absolutely no fucking way it'll be cross-buy. I'd buy it this second though if they did announce it would be cross-buy

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
iFruit for the Vita? was not expecting that
Rockstar acknowledges Vita!
Rockstar games incoming!

Conception II is really the only thing im looking forward to this month.

Same here. I'll buy it Day 1. I'm checking out Demon Gaze but it being first person makes me a bit skeptical. Might pick up Deception IV instead if the selection gets too barren.
If i were you i would buy Demon Gaze, Deception 4 or Football Manager, Conception 2 doesn't look good.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
hey so how was dat panda game?

Any guesses at what time tonight we'll get the EU Store Update...

There is absolutely no fucking way it'll be cross-buy. I'd buy it this second though if they did announce it would be cross-buy

You never know. I'll buy it regardless, I'm just so glad it's being actively worked on. It's half the reason I bought my Vita.

VLiberty

Hotline Miami too, in EU

Anybody know when exactly the instant game collection updates come through for the UK? It's the 2nd of April and the new psplus games haven't arrived on the store yet for me?! :(

Looking forward to Mercenary kings and Hotline Miami on Vita!

Shoyz

Rc2sUD4.jpg

Updated limited edition for htol#niq, the physical/digital question lingers.

Seriously though, why is every limited edition a freaking art book and CD? I'm already looking at the art online and I haven't used a CD player in over 10 years. And pins for crying out loud.

maouvin

Anybody know when exactly the instant game collection updates come through for the UK?

Not even Sony does! It'll be sometime today, so ye must wait.

And Mercenary Kings thru remote play is so good.

Seriously though, why is every limited edition a freaking art book and CD? I'm already looking at the art online and I haven't used a CD player in over 10 years. And -pins- for crying out loud.

I'd totally dig a mini-figure for the missy on the LE. Maybe even a nendoroid petit, despite not really fancying them.

Number45

Oh right my bad! Ahh I can't wait! :D
In the past they've been up by ten in the morning, but the official store update is usually between around 15:00 and 18:00 UK time. Last couple of updates have been very late though.

If you do twitter, the UK CM team usually tweet when each individual title is up.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
In the past they've been up by ten in the morning, but the official store update is usually between around 15:00 and 18:00 UK time. Last couple of updates have been very late though.

If you do twitter, the UK CM team usually tweet when each individual title is up.

got a twitter link for the UK team? is it just playstationUK or someone else?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Rc2sUD4.jpg

Updated limited edition for htol#niq, the physical/digital question lingers.

Seriously though, why is every limited edition a freaking art book and CD? I'm already looking at the art online and I haven't used a CD player in over 10 years. And pins for crying out loud.

I think that a (good)artbook should be mandatory, but i also wonder about CDs, who the hell still uses CDs?

Rixa

I think that a (good)artbook should be mandatory, but i also wonder about CDs, who the hell still uses CDs?

Was it so that PS4 cant play CD's before certain firmware in the future?

2nd question is what game is this: htol#niq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom