• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Now Betas Going Out! (Check your e-mail!)

I got my invite on March 27th. On April 5th, I got an email survey asking how I liked it thus far, despite having not received my code. After a few posts to the beta forum and a PM to one of the mods, it turns out my voucher was mailed out on April 3rd, but somehow it ended up in a second Trash folder I didn't even know I had. So, yeah. ><

Anyway, I only got to play with it for a few minutes, and I'm not sure how much I can say here, but I'm very impressed with the service, but less so with the app itself. Though to be fair, after having used the Store on PS3 following four months of using the PS4 almost exclusively, my disappointment with the app may largely be due to the fact that it's running on the PS3. :p

Here's hoping they let me test the PS4 client soon, but in the mean time, this is pretty sweet. :)

Can someone check the email address listed for the invite email? I'm really confused why I haven't received my voucher yet. I would think after accepting the invite I'd be able to access the forums but I can't even do that?

I'm really pissed that GMX cleared out my folder. I didn't even think of moving it out of the Spam folder since I thought I'd just have to click the link and that'd be that.

Can someone check the email address listed for the invite email? I'm really confused why I haven't received my voucher yet. I would think after accepting the invite I'd be able to access the forums but I can't even do that?

I'm really pissed that GMX cleared out my folder. I didn't even think of moving it out of the Spam folder since I thought I'd just have to click the link and that'd be that.
My invite, voucher, and survey all came from PlayStation@playstationemail.com.

Are you able to access the beta forum? If so, try PMing Tempest. I actually found my voucher in the trash, but Tempest kinda made it sound like it could be re-sent, if needed. If you don't have a link to the forum, PM me and I'll hook you up.

Man, sucks I didn't get into this. I have all three platforms!

I have all SIX platforms (PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita) and I did not get an invitation. I've said this before, but the only beta I've ever been invited to (without it being public/voucher) is LittleBigPlanet 1.

zeopower6

I have all SIX platforms (PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita) and I did not get an invitation. I've said this before, but the only beta I've ever been invited to (without it being public/voucher) is LittleBigPlanet 1.

You might not be close to a server? Apparently that was part of their selection process.

Kolma

Confirmed mine over a week ago and no response so far. Did it take this long for anyone else?

2nd wave confirmations were sent to emails on the 27th of March
some people from wave 2 got their keys April 4
I just got mine today..
Soo.... it varies might be longer for you since you didn't confirm on the 27th like the rest of us

zeopower6

I got my invite over a week ago and haven't got a key yet. I hope I don't miss the beta somehow.

Nah, I don't think you will...

People who were in that initial first wave were still getting codes up until they sent out the new set of invites, so it could take a while before everyone who got invites get codes.

Li Kao

And this is now, months after the OP, that I find out that I can't login to the secondary email address I registered on SEN. With my luck, I was in...
I'm in Europe anyway, would surely have failed. But still...

So are we allowed to talk about our experience to some degree? I briefly looked over the TOS and I think there is a NDA portion but I don't know legal jargon.

cackhyena

no one can say... or some one could say, but then sony would take their internets

I know someone who was testing it last week. He has a connection of 30 down and said whatever he tried was pretty smooth. Shadow of the Colossus and a couple others. He said overall the selection is paltry, atm. I was more jealous of his download speed than getting in on this.

This still for PS3 only?

Yes, and its kinda weird. I'd love to try this on my PS4
I don't think I'm allowed to say anything about PSNow due to NDA but Fuck the police.

I can say that I'm more impressed then I thought I would be. I just tried it for a few minutes last night before bed I'm pretty impressed with the image quality and controller response. I will admit that I'm not that sensitive to lag or tearing. The 2 games I tried briefly worked really well. So much so that I almost forgot that they weren't being rendered locally. My PS3 is wireless at the moment but I'm going to try and hook it up wired to see if I see any differences.

Hopefully Sony won't ban me for posting this.

I got in and got my code last week. I only have 5 down, but it's hardlined in, also nobody else uses the internet while I am gaming since I play after my wife heads off to bed. The NDA for PSNOW is pretty rock solid so I can't say anything about that.

Coincidentally: I never have any problems with Netflix or Amazon prime on PS3, going to HD about 10 seconds after start up of a show.

zeopower6

I'm just staying quiet for the most part since I'm not sure about what I can/can't say. Would rather not get slammed by a sudden account ban or something because of it.

Should probably get rid of impressions just in case and keep them to the beta-specific forum.

Top Bottom