• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 07/30/09 – Fat Princess

YianGaruga said:
On the other hand though, once again no trial on the German store for Watchmen. Same with BF 1943. You can buy it directly though.

I think that is because of the cc-only payment at the moment. Though you can get a prepaid-cc with 14 (but you need the ok of your parents), most of the people who can buy in the german store are older than 18.
They still can't offer free playable content with a 16/18 rating (=demos), which everyone could play (like a german retail shop who is by law not allowed to sell 16/18 rated games to kids or no 18 demos on a magazine disc).
16/18 rated DLC for disc games seems to be ok, even if free. I guess that's because you can't play it w/o the game itself (plus it seems that these addon ratings are wanted by Sony/publishers and not by the law so they don't mean much).
Trailers are rated and the same applies to it as with demos, everyone underage could access them. Stuff like Home spaces and Themes etc. get automatically the same rating as the game (by Sony or by law, I don't know), again these are not accessible with a german PSN-ID for the same reason.
At least this is how I think it is.

There were no 18 rated games till now (BZB accident aside), but I think there is no reason to not allow them if they allow 16 rated games. Maybe they came to the same conclusion now ^^

Plus thirdparty-publishers can say if they don't want it to be released in the german/any store.

Don't know what could have changed now, so maybe be they just realized they overreacted till now. (I still remember how in the beginning you could only buy Tekken 5 HD through the link of an add in the store, it was listed nowhere else, did they intend to cheat with this one? :lol )

Rolf NB

SolidusDave said:
nope, only based on the US-state in your PSN-account-info (not even cc-info).

my story:
*lives in Germany*
*makes US-account*
*googles address, New York sounds nice*
*tries his german cc in US account*
*it works! yay!*
*what, tax? bleh?!*
*googles information about tax, googles tax free state*
*virtually moves to Oregon, much nicer anyway I can imagine!*
* no tax = me happy*
all this one day after the ps3 launched in Europe :lol
I so want to be in the same boat.
I've just tried again last week and it just won't accept my cc information on my US account, the same cc info I entered for my German account as well, where it all works. I assume it tries to match the address to the one I left with the CC company.
After I fill out the form with the cc number, billing address etc it always says "the information you entered is invalid".

Master Card. Obtained through VR Bank, tied to VR Bank account.

Any hints?

CoLaN

Don't be shy and give us Fat Princess impressions and info on what is different from the beta :D (here or on the official thread...last one is the right place i think)

bcn-ron said:
I so want to be in the same boat.
I've just tried again last week and it just won't accept my cc information on my US account, the same cc info I entered for my German account as well, where it all works. I assume it tries to match the address to the one I left with the CC company.
After I fill out the form with the cc number, billing address etc it always says "the information you entered is invalid".

Any hints?
It only works with VISA :(

bcn-ron said:

Any hints?

From the people I know /read in the forums, no german MC was ever accepted in the US-store. Visa cards do work, can't say if all work but i.e. the amazon visa (or the xbox prepaidvisa from the same bank) does for everyone.

IIRC this is different in other countries, I think UK-MCs work in the US-store or something like that. The online-prepaid "wirecard" is also master card based, but this one is said to work for germans, too. So it is pretty strange :lol (and the fact that the US store seems to be the ONLY store, that allows foreign CCs. HK-Store did for some time, too. But they changed that so it seems like something SCEE/SCEA etc. can allow or not. But still there is a cofactor that has something to do with the cc, no idea :/ )

wsippel said:
I do: no BC:R patch. :(
That's no surprise though. Also, patches don't release when the store is up. They're out when they're out, and SCEE likes to take their time when it comes to trophy patches especially.

wsippel

Banned
SolidusDave said:
From the people I know /read in the forums, no german MC was ever accepted in the US-store. Visa cards do work, can't say if all work but i.e. the amazon visa (or the xbox prepaidvisa from the same bank) does for everyone.
Comdirect Visa cards don't seem to work. At least when I tried it a few month ago. Maybe cards issued by a "real" bank and directly tied to an account don't work in general.

topofuji

Banned
Any word on when Topatoi is coming the the US Store, or if it even is? It's currently EU only.

Thing is I may have lost contact permanently with my UK PS Store contact (he never logs in to PSN, etc anymore), whom I gameshare with for UK only stuff. :-\

wsippel said:
Comdirect Visa cards don't seem to work. At least when I tried it a few month ago. Maybe cards issued by a "real" bank and directly tied to an account don't work in general.
Comdirect Visa is a debit card though right? I think that's the issue here.

rcl66

Forgive my ignorance, is there any single player/bot/offline modes for Fat Princess or is it online MP only?

Slaylock

rcl66 said:
Forgive my ignorance, is there any single player/bot/offline modes for Fat Princess or is it online MP only?
Yes there are bots for offline play and to fill up online matches.

Jim

BZB update... and expansion announced.

Kuju Entertainment and developer doublesix announced today that Burn Zombie Burn! on PlayStation Network is getting an update.

Players can now incinerate zombies to their favorite music, thanks to a new custom-soundtrack option, while new video-capture and uploading capabilities make it easy for zombie-slayers to immortalize their finest moments and share them with friends.

Today's patch also includes a teaser trailer for Burn Zombie Burn! In Space, coming in the next expansion pack, and fixes scoring issues in the Burn Zombie Burn! leaderboard.

For more on Burn Zombie Burn! head to www.burnzombieburn.com, and for Burn Zombie Burn! walkthroughs provided by the doublesix team, check out the dedicated YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/doublesixgames and become a Fan on the Facebook Page www.facebook.com/burnzombieburn.

Tntnnbltn

>
Mike Kebby said:
UPDATE TIME – The main blog posting will be amended by the team shortly for me, but we’ve just been told that the Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Cog Hill pack, and the Fight Night Round 4 Pack are being postponed until next week.

Many apologies, we have literally just been made aware of this.

Rolf NB

Weirdness. On the German store "new" as of today are the four Siren: Blood Curse episode packs for 9,99€ each (29,99€ for the bundle) and a number of free costumes for Genji: Days Of The Blade. Maybe they really came out just now after being held up by ratings procedures or whatever.

To be clear, neither item is in the "new releases" section of the UK store. Germany only as far as I can tell.

Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops

Tntnnbltn

bcn-ron said:
Weirdness. On the German store "new" as of today are the four Siren: Blood Curse episode packs for 9,99€ each (29,99€ for the bundle) and a number of free costumes for Genji: Days Of The Blade. Maybe they really came out just now after being held up by ratings procedures or whatever.

To be clear, neither item is in the "new releases" section of the UK store. Germany only as far as I can tell.
That's cause they are new in Germany. Check the previous page for discussion.

Rolf NB

Tntnnbltn said:
That's cause they are new in Germany. Check the previous page for discussion.
I should have known ctrl+fing for "Genji" wouldn't suffice.

Prompt releases of Killzone 2 DLC and stuff made it seem to me as if there were no particular ratings issues lately.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Host Samurai said:
Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops Please no Spec Ops
Spec-Ops JUNIOR: Paintball Warz!
$5.99 PS3/PSP
Saddle up young soldier as you fight the deadly trenches of suburbia with your paintball gun in tow! Choose from over five different colored guns and ten different outfits for infinite combinations as you blast your friends to rule the neighborhood!

Barakov

chubigans said:
Spec-Ops JUNIOR: Paintball Warz!
$5.99 PS3/PSP
Saddle up young soldier as you fight the deadly trenches of suburbia with your paintball gun in tow! Choose from over five different colored guns and ten different outfits for infinite combinations as you blast your friends to rule the neighborhood!

That's cold son. :lol
What's scary is it almost sounds legit.

Diagol

ChackanKun said:
Now what really matters: Is Fat Princess good?

Slaylock said:
Yes there are bots for offline play and to fill up online matches.

There also seems to be a single player campaign mode.

Just check out the live feed of someone playing it here.

When he was playing online earlier, there was hardly any lag.

Billen

Banned
Flunkie said:
Anyone else not even care about Fat Princess?

I have watched many videos and now a stream of a guy playing the game. While the graphics look very crisp and so on, the gameplay at least looks very bland. Will try a trial, but my expectations aren't too high.

topofuji

Banned
Watchmen part 2 is coming today, but I wouldn't buy it, guys...
Reason being? Pick up the Watchmen Complete Experience Blu-Ray/game combo which includes Watchmen The End is Nigh part 1 and 2 (two games). That's what I did. Probably a better value.
Unless the standalone Watchmen Blu-Ray is better/has more features...personally I am not really into Watchmen and found the Blu-Ray a bonus to two easy trophy games. :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Flunkie said:
Anyone else not even care about Fat Princess?

Nope. Just like Castle Crashers coming to the PS3. Flash Those games don't do it for me. :lol

joesmokey

I haven't really been following Fat Princess at all, I really just know the basic premise.

It should be pretty easy to get into right? It's nice that it has an offline mode as I always feel that when I jump online everyone already knows what they're doing (and can do it well).

jvm

Gamasutra.
I just finished all the Spec Ops titles on the store. I hope they get the other ones out tonight so I can get started on them.

Also, why aren't Gubble or Qix Neo up on PS1 Classics yet?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
jvm said:
I just finished all the Spec Ops titles on the store. I hope they get the other ones out tonight so I can get started on them.

Also, why aren't Gubble or Qix Neo up on PS1 Classics yet?
You're a rebel.

Rolf NB

Lol Numblast. Something is wrong with the world if you open the manual for a matching puzzle and the first section you see is "Story".

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Does Fat Princess have local co-op?

I have $20 stuck on my American account and I have no idea what to spend it on.. So I might pick it up.

noah111

Still Alive
Label said:
Does Fat Princess have local co-op?

I have $20 stuck on my American account and I have no idea what to spend it on.. So I might pick it up.
Nope, not that we can tell anyways.. which sucks. :( Missing features of this awesome game are local offline/online co-op, custom in-game music, can't take screenshots.. and that's about it for me. :lol

Returners

Tntnnbltn said:
Correct me if any prices, etc are wrong.

ndx280.png

Methodology: Went through US store and noted all titles currently priced at $15 (don't know if any titles had price drops post-launch). Went to UK store and looked up same titles and their current GBP price. Converted GBP to EUR based on past PS Store releases (don't have an PSN account that uses Euros, so had to self-convert). Release dates were taken from UK PS Store, although were modified if necessary to separate releases (eg, Fat Princess and Watchmen Part 2). Historical USD/EUR conversion rates taken from FXHistory (onada.com).

Edit: Added following graph from Page 4... Click here for more explanation about the second graph.

vq4qd5.png
Tntnnbltn
King of graphs

Top Bottom