• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 09/17/09 – NINJA GAIDEN 2 Demo (JP)

DMeisterJ

Banned
kassatsu said:
SCEJ did get a PC-Engine game though ;p

PSone week was last week.

Oh yeah, I forgot they're bi-weekly in SCEJ. I shall amend my statement about lack of PS1 games from JP. Only SCEE gets to hear me bitch and moan.

Rlan

Ranger X said:
How does Switchball controls? You move the ball with the joystick or the movement recon?

You move the ball with the joystick. It came out on XBLA an age ago and was a fantastic game, this version is almost 200MB in size and has Trophies, so it's been in development for a while.

The original game was published by Sierra, I'd love to know who published this new version. If someone picks it up please let me know :)

kassatsu

Banned
Rlan said:
You move the ball with the joystick. It came out on XBLA an age ago and was a fantastic game, this version is almost 200MB in size and has Trophies, so it's been in development for a while.

The original game was published by Sierra, I'd love to know who published this new version. If someone picks it up please let me know :)
Sony Online.

GeoramA

DMeisterJ said:
Updated for this week! New classics in bold

SCEA increases to 32 with Tomb Raider 3 and Final Fantasy Tactics :)D) while SCEE and SCEJ release nothing (releases bi-weekly, so only PC engine games). Looks like SCEE will be dead last in PS1 games this year.
Hard to believe we got 0 PS1 games the first six months of this year.

Never thought I'd forgive SCEA for that, but they got their act together these past 3 months.

Rlan

kassatsu said:
Sony Online.

Very interesting. This was one in a couple of XBLA Sierra games that were going to come to the PSN. Perhaps Assault Heroes will still be coming to the platform.

Big-E

Log in to see the Brutal Legend demo. Doesn't see it, I am now dissappointed. Looks through the new releases, sees Final Fantasy Tactics... heart explodes. FFT needs to be in the thread title.

Big-E said:
Log in to see the Brutal Legend demo. Doesn't see it, I am now dissappointed. Looks through the new releases, sees Final Fantasy Tactics... heart explodes. FFT needs to be in the thread title.
Is Tactics that good? Not sure if I should buy the PS1 version, or wait until they put up the updates PSP version.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Lindsay said:
Ya and now there is more of those up then there is UMD Legacy!

fdzpsh.jpg

Big-E

Blu_LED said:
Is Tactics that good? Not sure if I should buy the PS1 version, or wait until they put up the updates PSP version.

I have beaten Tactics so many times I can't even count. I own the disc, psp and now psn versions. The PSP version i despised despite the prettier parts to it because of the slowdown, it makes the game really unbearable especially if you want to make complex characters. This will be the definitive version plus it has the wonderful line of "Blame yourself or God"

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Final Fantasy Tactics was a pleasant surprise.

Playing it now for the old times, since I couldn't bear War of the Lions.

Baha

Big-E said:

Take a look at this.

Blu_LED said:

I'd get the psone version in a heart beat. It may not have the extras or beautiful cinemas like the PSP version but the game at it's core is excellent.

Darkpen

Banned
Baha said:
Take a look at this.

I'd get the psone version in a heart beat. It may not have the extras or beautiful cinemas like the PSP version but the game at it's core is excellent.
I'd buy both. Spell cast animation lag was jarring in the PSP version, but the most-excellent localization, cutscenes, and retranslation of spells and items is a freaking godsend.

I'm ALMOST tempted to buy this just to compare it to the PSP version and see how bad the translation is. Though, if there's one thing that the PS1 version has going for it over the PSP version, its the game-breaking glitches, like infinite JP, which I doubt they've changed.

Deadly Monk said:
Holy shit, FF Tactics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now on to Vagrant Story and Xenogears!!!!!!!!!!!!
LISTEN TO THIS MAN, S-E!

I hated Vagrant Story for its lack of voice acting (as its one of the few PS1 games that really needed it, due to the cinematic presentation of its cutscenes), and I really want to try Xenogears after hearing that its such a "lol NGE ripoff" so much.

Speevy

Banned
Switchball is a great game.

It's funny because I already have it on the XBLA, and I have Final Fantasy Tactics in disc form.

Does update monkey hate my wallet?

Man, it's great to see all these classic PSX games, but I still have most of these games on disc. They are the only ones I have left
MGS
Xenogears
FFT
FF7
Wild arms 1 and 2
Blood omen

Still cool to see.

Yeef

I didn't read through the thread so I don't know if this was mentioned, but just a heads up: after installing the Lemmings update the game doesn't load your old saves even though it recognizes them.

kassatsu

Banned
jp.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week @ ~ 11PM EDT

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► Princess Antiphona's Hymn: Angel's Score Op.A
○ Deluxe PSP Wallpaper

Magnus

Man, I really thought the PSP version of Tactics was supposed to be the definitive one. Between the massively overhauled and preferable script (I didn't play all the way through the PSP one at all, but I have to assume it turns the last half of the game into something comprehensible instead of the garbage in the original PS1 game), and the new amazing cutscenes....the gameplay slowdown has to be really bad in the PSP one for people to jump on the PS1 version like this. Is it?

Big-E

Magnus said:
Man, I really thought the PSP version of Tactics was supposed to be the definitive one. Between the massively overhauled and preferable script (I didn't play all the way through the PSP one at all, but I have to assume it turns the last half of the game into something comprehensible instead of the garbage in the original PS1 game), and the new amazing cutscenes....the gameplay slowdown has to be really bad in the PSP one for people to jump on the PS1 version like this. Is it?

Some people could handle the slowdown, I could not. Such a shame too.

Darkpen

Banned
yeah, the slowdown was torture at times, and it doesn't help that a game like Disgaea got a perfect PSP port with pixel-perfect sprites, compared to the blurred up shit in the PSP version of FFT. Personally, it took me almost 200 hours or some shit to finally get to the end (along with grinding and fail/reloads interspersed), and I didn't even do the end-game dungeon, so :/

Frankly, I'm really tempted to get the PS1 version just to abuse the shit out of the the JP and money glitches.

buffi said:
Lemmings trophy patch was a pleasant surprise. I think it was the first PSN game I bought.

...now if, only they could hire Cohor to add trophy patches to the old retail games like R:FOM & Folklore. THAT would be fucking class.

Aru

Square-Eidos is on fire with PS1 classics since a few weeks ! I didn't expect FFT so soon. Bleh, I already finished the PSP version, so no reason to get the original (I would miss the new CG cut scenes... But increased game speed must be nice). The last Ivalice game I want to try is Vagrant Story.

If I don't like it, good bye Matsuno games forever (after being disappointed by FFT, FFTA and FFXII).

Rlan

Speevy said:
Switchball is a great game.

It's funny because I already have it on the XBLA, and I have Final Fantasy Tactics in disc form.

Does update monkey hate my wallet?

Let me know if the damn thing has Leaderboards or not, and whether they work or not ;P

angelfly

Fox1304 said:
By the way, what is that Evangelion thingy in the JP Store ?
I guess it's a news-telling thing ?

Yeah, it's Misato reading you news. You download the client for free but the only thing you can do with it is change her clothes. You have to purchase a license to actually have her read the news. The license is ¥800 and will last you 30 days.

kassatsu

Banned
hk.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week.

DEMOS

► Batman: Arkham Asylum ( English Ver. )
○ 1038 MB

► NBA Live 10 ( English Ver. )
○ 800 MB

ADD-ONS

► Batman: Arkham Asylum ( English Ver. )
○ Play as Joker Challenge Map

► Dynasty Warriors Multi-Raid ( PSP | Chinese Ver. )
○ Add-on Content Ver. 22

► Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081 ( Japanese Ver. )
○ FA-78-3 Full Armor 7th Gundam (HK$ 22.00)
○ RX-81AS Assault Armor (HK$ 22.00)

► Tales of Vesperia ( Japanese Ver. )
○ Lots of DLC

VIDEOS

► Batman: Arkham Asylum
○ Play As the Joker Promotional Video

► End of Eternity
○ Debut Promotional Video
○ t ・A ・B Promotional Video

► Tales of Vesperia
○ Promotional Video 3

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► PS3 Theme
○ Batman: Arkham Asylum Batman Theme

Aru

Raist said:
FFT after LoK and SH now? :O

Work on it SCEE kthx.

If you don't have a PSP, don't count on FFT on Europe. I already told you that and I would even bet that I'm right :)

Edgeward

ChaoticBlue said:
ok so i'm stuck whether i should keep my psp version of FFT or buy the ps1 version.

I'm keeping my umd. The new translation and additional secret character puts it above the original for me.

slade

When did they release the original Silent Hill on N. American PSN? Downloading now. Never got to play the original all those years ago.

I haven't bought a new game in about 3-4 months and I'm considering buying NBA 2K10: Draft Combine. Yea, it's only 4.99 and already played the demo and liked it but would like to read some opinions from GAF. Either that or Wild Arms 2 but the graphics kind of turn me off.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
2 things I'll wish for and a question...

1. Breath of Fire 3 release on PSN
2. Einhander

also, is switchball similar to marble madness?

Top Bottom