• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
you could say they were sunk by a monster wave.
You could say they were sunk by a monstrous Plesioth
Gx0hn.png

dr_rus

The PSP's adapter from European PSP works fine in Japan with the plug converter.
If it's the same as with PSP then you can dismount the cable from the adapter. In that case it'd be easier to just get the same cable for your local plug instead of clunky plug converter.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If it's the same as with PSP then you can dismount the cable from the adapter. In that case it'd be easier to just get the same cable for your local plug instead of clunky plug converter.
I can't dismantle the cable from mine (got the PSP 2000 one).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
is the cool little dock an accessory available from launch? And does it come with a charger or do you just plug one in the back?

Is the Vita chargeable via USB?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
is the cool little dock an accessory available from launch? And does it come with a charger or do you just plug one in the back?

Is the Vita chargeable via USB?
If you mean this:

8tnu0100000ls3qg.jpg

Then yeah, according to the website it's going to be released with the Vita. You can plug an AC adapter or USB cable to charge the Vita (so yeah, I guess USB charge will be possible) and if you connect it with the PS3 or PC you can manage your data.
It also has a line out port, so you can use your headphones/speakers with it.

jkh13

Neo Member
btw if any of you are scared of not being able to use international sim cards with a Japanese Vita you might want to consider importing from HK on the 23rd instead, the 3G version is unlocked and is cheaper as well :).

darkwing

btw if any of you are scared of not being able to use international sim cards with a Japanese Vita you might want to consider importing from HK on the 23rd instead, the 3G version is unlocked and is cheaper as well :).

yes!!!! good news!

Any reviews of that battery expansion thingy? It looks pretty sleek.

EDIT: Anyone has any recommendations for an online HK store? I'm trying to order a 3G Vita from Australia (not gonna use Play-asia, huge rip-off)?

KongRudi

Banned
EDIT: Anyone has any recommendations for an online HK store? I'm trying to order a 3G Vita from Australia (not gonna use Play-asia, huge rip-off)?

I've imported from yesasia.com before, I tought they were good.
I assume the asian-edition is HK-version, (japan edition is called that).

They don't ship that item to EU tough, but Australia seems to not be there.
http://www.yesasia.com/global/plays...k-asian-version/1025617437-0-0-0-en/info.html

It's a few days later tough, and price dosn't show yet on that version, but will probably be up soon..

Wouldn't that be a big problem? I assume you would need to replace the AC adapter. I don't know for sure though.
I'm wondering if the USB cable/AC Adapter used on the VITA is the same as the one they used for the PSPGo. They sure look similar... I'd be very happy if they were the same, as I picked up a few extra PSPGo ones for cheap when they were being blown out around here...

So any kind of sales prediction for the first week´s sales?

I am thinking that Vita software will sell around a million, and hardware is depending on the shipment. I would say 500k.

Spiegel

I am thinking that Vita software will sell around a million, and hardware is depending on the shipment. I would say 500k.

Games sell worse than the hardware (or 1:1) on most Sony hardware launches in Japan. Adding to that the possibility of buying the games through PSN and the retail sofware sales should be lower than usual.

Games sell worse than the hardware (or 1:1) on most Sony hardware launches in Japan. Adding to that the possibility of buying the games through PSN and the retail sofware sales should be lower than usual.

Yep. MediaCreate won't be anymore a good sales reference, with Vita. For example, we won't be able to compare the sales of Hot Shot Golf or Wipeout in Vita with the ones that were at PSP launch.

I'm sure they will sell-out of their initial shipment (holidays + new system HYPE).

However, Sony has a history of under-shipping, in order to generate more demand. So, it will actually take some time, before we can really see how doomed Vita is (or isn't) in Japan.

That´s true. I never thought that digital is huge after the PSPgo. But because there are a lot of software variety, i thought a person might get more than one game at launch day.

If you mean this:

8tnu0100000ls3qg.jpg

Then yeah, according to the website it's going to be released with the Vita. You can plug an AC adapter or USB cable to charge the Vita (so yeah, I guess USB charge will be possible) and if you connect it with the PS3 or PC you can manage your data.
It also has a line out port, so you can use your headphones/speakers with it.

I hope SCE will take a page from Apple's play book and enable Wi-Fi sync between your Vita and a PS3 when the Vita is plugged in to an AC adapter.

Then I can have my Vita docked on my end table and manage data on my PS3 without having to dig out a USB cord.

wotta

I hope SCE will take a page from Apple's play book and enable Wi-Fi sync between your Vita and a PS3 when the Vita is plugged in to an AC adapter.

Then I can have my Vita docked on my end table and manage data on my PS3 without having to dig out a USB cord.

Sounds like a good idea

Takao

Banned
Famitsu launches thursday, and now is thursday (but only 2:00 am) in Japan. Probably in a few hours we'll have plenty of news from Famitsu.

Famitsu's stuff has already leaked. It was a very light issue in terms of announcements, so I wouldn't hold your breath for anything big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom