• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokonoe

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/4O7nB.jpg[IMG]

This screenshot in particular look bad. Aside from the super simple geometry, the layout looks like they didn't think in 3D and just slapping a 3D artstyle over a map designed for an overhead view.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/XlWC8.jpg[img]

This one is good, though.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Neoriceisgood did a good job on that avatar of yours.

Ashodin

Reposting for next page

FENNEKIN FANS

I worked really fast on this.

UejeE.png

Big version
soYOH.png

I will also add Fennekin to your avatar if you wish!

Emitan

4O7nB.jpg

This screenshot in particular look bad. Aside from the super simple geometry, the layout looks like they didn't think in 3D and just slapping a 3D artstyle over a map designed for an overhead view.

But then you wouldn't see the biodomes in the background.

Grakl

I would rather have sprites, but there are still months to go until the game releases. I expect it to look better by October.

coughlanio

Just started playing Black last night, and I'm back where I used to be in the GB/GBA days: Addicted. The last original game I played was Ruby, and the last remake I played was Fire Red, is it worth my time/money/effort to go back and pick up Platinum & Soul Silver?

Kokonoe

Banned
Just started playing Black last night, and I'm back where I used to be in the GB/GBA days: Addicted. The last original game I played was Ruby, and the last remake I played was Fire Red, is it worth my time/money/effort to go back and pick up Platinum & HeartGold?

Absolutely, go play those now.

Yep. Hype met. It's nice to see that happen once in a while around these parts. ;-)

I know right? I really wish they did this more often then all the disappointments like last year.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Again, Pokemon has never been about overworld graphics. It has always been about battles and monster design, to which I see this game being step up.

Considering the DNA and chromosome thing... merging Pokemon again?

rouken

just saw this. nintendo delivered. fennekin will be mine. :)

thank god its coming out this year.

and now expect haters to bash the graphics to high heavens. it looks rough alright but it also looks like an early build.

Sandfox

Just started playing Black last night, and I'm back where I used to be in the GB/GBA days: Addicted. The last original game I played was Ruby, and the last remake I played was Fire Red, is it worth my time/money/effort to go back and pick up Platinum & Soul Silver?

They are both good games that I recommend.

Mm, I can imagine how much more ominous legendaries (particularly the roaming ones) will be in 3D.

...How do you think they'll do evolution?

Xux

If you can handle the TMs being one use only and Tackle having a chance to miss, then they're both solid Pokemon games.

RagnarokX

The plot of Pokemon XY is going about you trying to spread the joy of pokemon ownership to the Yurop region. They banned pokemon ownership, and pokemon related fatalities have dropped drastically, but they are being oppressed!

Finally I'm gonna buy another Pokémon game after Blue and Pearl (wich sucked). Fire starter is always gay, why? Charmander was soo cool.. Gonna try water or leaf.

Keyouta

The starters look awesome,looks like they kept the grid design for the over world but it's now a lot more dynamic.

I'm happy with the style, graphics could be better but whatever. Please be 60fps.

Starter typing guesses?

Fennekin Fire/Psychic
Froakie Water/Fighting
Chespin Grass/Dark

Also, man this thread is hard to keep up with!

Diffense

Gamefreak might have given you guys the new starter type triad you wanted. Each of the starters did two attacks in the trailer. The first attacks were obviously, Grass, Fire, and Water but the others could have been Dark, Psychic and Fighting. No starter would strictly beat the others based on type matchup if they have the dual types suggested by my speculation.

Sandfox

Its interesting to see that this announcement is making a lot of people on GAF jump into playing Pokemon whether they are returning after an absence or picking up their first games.

ffdgh

They'll make evolution more like the anime.

Now what online wonders could they add thanks to the power boost?

Don't think the graphics are that good, but I am interested in a 3d Pokemon as someone who's never played the series but has been fascinated in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom