• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
ymr3W3h.jpg

NOBODY COULD FIGURE OUT WHY?!?

lol, this is the funniest one I've read.

zoukka

Hey how about a thread where people use those results and illustrate the weird and funny pokemans? People could do theirs and others as well :b

XaosWolf

Well you see, they look to a board of 10 year old who will make shit up about which cards are real and fake. And thats how it all happens.

They also check if they're primarily made out of printer paper and/or coloured with crayon.
Some tournaments allow them, but only if said colouring stays within the lines.

Huh, fake cards exist? How does TCG tourney know about whether something is legit or not?

There are ways to tell the difference between fakes and reals.
I'm talking about cards that look identical to each other, and are based off real cards.
I'll use this stolen picture as an example.
PezAEl3.jpg

I've never been able to find out by the front (as they've all had the same elements as most of my cards), but always by the back or a different way.
The back is less detailed on a fake, and if you put a fake card up to a light you can see through it, real Pokemon cards you can not. (Well not "see" through it, but you can see the Pokemon font on the back of the card through the front)
EDIT: I have no idea how to tell the difference between a fake holo and a real (well besides the sticker ones)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well you see, they look to a board of 10 year old who will make shit up about which cards are real and fake. And thats how it all happens.

I just realized that a lot of stuff can be solved by having children around for editing, etc. At least they can tell which Pokemon is which to avoid shitty dubbing errors!

They also check if they're primarily made out of printer paper and/or coloured with crayon.
Some tournaments allow them, but only if said colouring stays within the lines.

Also if they're made from hard paper!

There are ways to tell the difference between fakes and reals.
I'm talking about cards that look identical to each other, and are based off real cards.
I'll use this stolen picture as an example.
PezAEl3.jpg

I've never been able to find out by the front (as they've all had the same elements as most of my cards), but always by the back or a different way.
The back is less detailed on a fake, and if you put a fake card up to a light you can see through it, real Pokemon cards you can not. (Well not "see" through it, but you can see the Pokemon font on the back of the card through the front)
EDIT: I have no idea how to tell the difference between a fake holo and a real (well besides the sticker ones)

They should invest in microchip something on new cards.

That way they can use it for NFC in Wii U's Pokemon TGC.

Hypatia

This can't be true. I just tried it with the promo cards I've had since the first movie came out and they're partially transparent. No where near as much as "Hane"-it's quite subtle in comparison- but you can still see through them with enough light.

*fake edit* and I just tried them with some of the theme deck cards I bought ten years ago; they're translucent too. The only ones that aren't are the holos.

I learned in lecture the other day that Ice is consider a mineral, because it is the Crystalline form of H20.
Mind = blown.

This can't be true. I just tried it with the promo cards I've had since the first movie came out and they're partially transparent. No where near as much as "Hane"-it's quite subtle in comparison- but you can still see through them with enough light.

*fake edit* and I just tried them with some of the theme deck cards I bought ten years ago; they're translucent too. The only ones that aren't are the holos.

It's weird cause thats what I was told, and every card I tried it with wasn't from my trading card packs...

papercamm

I would work that job for minimum wage.

I'd like to believe some of the errors are caused by the need to make accurate dialogue based on getting audio to sync properly with the lip movements. But then they called a Pidgeot Pidgeotto and that's unforgivable.

injurai

Banned
I'd like to believe some of the errors are caused by the need to make accurate dialogue based on getting audio to sync properly with the lip movements. But then they called a Pidgeot Pidgeotto and that's unforgivable.

Maybe back in the day. But now that cartoons are made digitally I believe you can just frame synch the cell layer that the mouth is out. There are programs that automatically synch mouth animation to audio.

XaosWolf

Research has indicated that around 50-60% of all dubbing staff for long-running series are afflicted with a debilitating optical disease that sometimes prevent them from recognising the most basic creatures, races and even foods.

Hypatia

Do you have any cards that you recently bought? Maybe I'm in the wrong here.

The only ones I bought recently that I remember as being from packs, rather than random auctions, are all holo ¬_¬

But I just tired this on all my grass type cards from my 10 year old collection and they are all translucent to varying degrees. It seems to depend on the set. Though the most translucent card I found (a base set bulbasaur) stops letting light through about 15cm away from the bulb and that's the furthest.

Whereas the Hane card is still translucent about a metre and a half away.

Nintendo's break into f2p with iap, oh god what have we done

You know you've practically just described the online TCG, right?

Makes me wonder why it's not Wii U compatible. I mean it's a PC game of all things.

It would be so cool to have your card hand on the Wii U screen. ALSO MIIVERSE. Make it happen Nintendo!

XaosWolf

You know you've practically just described the online TCG, right?

Makes me wonder why it's not Wii U compatible. I mean it's a PC game of all things.

It would be so cool to have your card hand on the Wii U screen. ALSO MIIVERSE. Make it happen Nintendo!
They still have the best digital TCG mainly because of the codes you get from the physical Decks and Boosters. Great idea.
The other TCGs need to get in on that.

The Lamp

Holy crap y'all are bored. Going from fan art to TCG to fakemons. For this thread's sake I hope new info comes out soon.

When can we expect the next bit of real info to release? The next CoroCoro or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom