• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
But yeah, it looks a ton better than any DS game, Okamiden or Zelda or DQ9 included. That's not to say it looks particularly impressive for the system, but it's definitely a 3DS game. And considering Game Freak's output so far, the 3D is definitely admirable.

Comandr

I know where you're coming from, my man. Nintendo really needs to step their game up. Look what they're competing with. Miyamoto should be ashamed.
UnchartedGoldenAbyssVista_620.jpg
vs.
sNyy5.jpg

The Pokedex 3D models are also the only 3D models being rendered on screen in front of a plain background. Definitely wouldn't work in an actual game unless they either lowered the quality of each model significantly or made everything else 2D.

Um.. Isn't that Golden Abyss vista just a high poly model standing on a low poly platform in front of a flat image? That's not very impressive. The screenshot appears impressive because it's beautiful, that doesn't change the fact that from a technical standpoint, there is only one high detailed model on the screen.

Darryl

Banned
the only scene in the entire trailer that looks bad to me is this one:

sNyy5.jpg

terrible. all of the other parts look fantastic.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I know where you're coming from, my man. Nintendo really needs to step their game up. Look what they're competing with. Miyamoto should be ashamed.
vs.
sNyy5.jpg

The Pokedex 3D models are also the only 3D models being rendered on screen in front of a plain background. Definitely wouldn't work in an actual game unless they either lowered the quality of each model significantly or made everything else 2D.

TBF I've never bought a pokemon game because of the high rez graphics, impressive physics or anything else. The fact it doesn't look like uncharted on the Vita I honestly couldn't care less. Really from the a 3D pokemon the best I'd hope for is for it to look like the anime but I'd be far from dissapointed if it didn't.

FillerB

God please keep art-design clashing Miis far away from Pokemon. And all games that aren't designed around them.

And to whoever said this could be indicative of Pokemon featuring real world locations, you are aware that just about every Pokemon game has been based on a real region of the world? They even straight up named Kanto after its influence.

For reference
250px-Pokemon-to-real-world.png

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Um.. Isn't that Golden Abyss vista just a high poly model standing on a low poly platform in front of a flat image? That's not very impressive. The screenshot appears impressive because it's beautiful, that doesn't change the fact that from a technical standpoint, there is only one high detailed model on the screen.

"Just because it looks good doesn't mean it looks good"

Boogybro

vs.
sNyy5.jpg

competing

lol.

It's not even a competition.

vs.
sNyy5.jpg

I don't remember Uncharted to be an open world game. Also your screen is only Drake in front of a jpeg. But sure Uncharted looks better. But it's not games you can compare.

Portugeezer

vs.
sNyy5.jpg

Joke? That Uncharted pic is basically rendering a jpeg background. I don't see how it compares to Pokemon which is cartoony anyway, and besides we know Vita is more powerful but Resident Evil looks pretty good on 3DS.

Majukun

I

in the battle screen there are only the pokèmons and the effects from their attacks,so you don't have to render anything else on screen

Foffy

Banned
the only scene in the entire trailer that looks bad to me is this one:

sNyy5.jpg

terrible. all of the other parts look fantastic.

Looks like it's trying to compete with DQIX with visuals on DS based on that shot. I really hope they polish up the stuff outside of battles, as it all looks really bad for a 3DS game..but Pokemon and noticeably weak visuals seems to be a staple for the series.

beje

Banned
Hmm ev training will be a tad harder unless they finally reveal evs and ivs. I hope the starters get decent move pools this time compared to BW starters tho Coil leafblade serperior still owned everything ingame.

I sure hope that means pokesav kids stay the heck away from the online. It's not fun trying to run away from Battle Subway / World Tour perfect 'mons... just to find exactly the same on GTS random battles. And I'm the kind of person that takes time to breed them, only "cheat" I do is using pokecheck to see the IVs of the offspring, and it's still discouraging being steamrolled by the usual "everyone-is-using-this-perfect-team-so-fuck-you".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom