• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Formless

ffs ninty why cant your system have more ram, then we could have next gen ninty handhelds

In all seriousness the game looks good. It looks like they're clearly designing this with 3D in mind too.

Kade

in the battle screen there are only the pokèmons and the effects from their attacks,so you don't have to render anything else on screen

Well in that case, it would be rendering two Pokemon at once along with any particle effects or anything of that nature. The Pokedex 3D also starts chugging or dropping frames when certain Pokemon are displayed. That said, being a turn based games means that the game doesn't rely on maintaining a steady or high framerate so it doesn't really matter I guess.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't remember Uncharted to be an open world game. Also your screen is only Drake in front of a jpeg. But sure Uncharted looks better. But it's not games you can compare.
Joke? That Uncharted pic is basically rendering a jpeg background. I don't see how it compares to Pokemon which is cartoony anyway, and besides we know Vita is more powerful but Resident Evil looks pretty good on 3DS.

He was being sarcastic :p

Please no, haven't we suffered enough?

Tr%C3%ADo_de_las_nubes.png

But the kami trios are good.

Comandr

God please keep art-design clashing Miis far away from Pokemon. And all games that aren't designed around them.

And to whoever said this could be indicative of Pokemon featuring real world locations, you are aware that just about every Pokemon game has been based on a real region of the world? They even straight up named Kanto after its influence.

Right. But being based on a real place does not make it a real place. There is no "pallet town" or "celadon city." However, the Eiffel tower only exists in one place, and that place is being depicted in this new game. So unless Nintendo is now cherry picking locations from the real world and splicing them together with their own fictional lands (which is fine), there is a possibility that they will pursue more realistic locations from this point on to try to integrate the series more closely into our lives.

One can go to Paris, France and say "I was here with my Nidoking before." Of course referring to being there in the game, but it still creates a memory, which strengthens the pervasiveness of the series in our minds. This means more return visits to the series and more return dollars to Nintendo.

Fou-Lu

I usually alternate grass and water starters each GEN, but this time might be the first I choose the fire starter. Unless one of the other two has a really awesome third evolution.

Anyways, super hyped for 3D Pokemon, the Pokemon models look amazing and that's all that matters.

Salsa

Right. But being based on a real place does not make it a real place. There is no "pallet town" or "celadon city." However, the Eiffel tower only exists in one place, and that place is being depicted in this new game. So unless Nintendo is now cherry picking locations from the real world and splicing them together with their own fictional lands (which is fine), there is a possibility that they will pursue more realistic locations from this point on to try to integrate the series more closely into our lives.

One can go to Paris, France and say "I was here with my Nidoking before." Of course referring to being there in the game, but it still creates a memory, which strengthens the pervasiveness of the series in our minds. This means more return visits to the series and more return dollars to Nintendo.

eiffel tower only appears with Pikachu in the opening non in-game thing tho, right?

Time to jump back into Pokemon. Do these games feature older Pokemon or is it an isolated generation?

Also, lol at using letters. Milk it dry, Nintendo. Imagine the hype when Wii U gets Pokemon MMORPG

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Time to jump back into Pokemon. Do these games feature older Pokemon or is it an isolated generation?

Also, lol at using letters. Milk it dry, Nintendo. Imagine the hype when Wii U gets Pokemon MMORPG

Yeah it's not like those letters have no meaning in the theme right?

And no one knows if they'll have mixed generation monsters for Gen VI dex or not. I hope BW2 is a good indication that they'll have a good variety this time.

El Sloth

Banned
Stag reminds me of the god of the forest in Princess Mononoke. Clearly the superior legendary.

Time to get Xtreme up in this pokebitch.

Darryl

Banned

wait wasn't the Brooklyn Bridge in black and white

qq more

Finish it now and cleanse your soul.

I might eventually. I didn't even finish Kanto in HGSS because I got burned out. :/ Don't think I'll ever get BW2 and I might wait a while before buying XY. Sick of the annual releases to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad games at all (HGSS would of have been my favorite overall if I didn't get burned out).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I love that water starter, but the other two do nothing for me. Nothing good anyway. Maybe this is the generation where the evolutions are actually better looking than the pre-evos.

Guys.

Japan is a Girafarig.

I always thought Arceus' design was based on the region as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom