• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erethian

I think the graphics could be worse. Given the short time-frame Game Freak had after Black & White, and their limited resources, this looks quite good and will probably look better over time.

The new male lead looks good, and I think it suits the next generation better than something more like B2/W2's.

Black/White came out in September 2010.

Oh the grass starter is awesome too. Glad they didn't go with a reptile again. Hopefully the designs are full of surprises like this.
I love the new starters more than those from last gen. The fennec looks tolerable at the least (unlike Emboar IMO), the frog's quirky, and the ferret's got something up its sleeve. I'll say: I think they're basing these games off of France, which would explain the new starters and why the new leads look less exotic.

Black/White came out in September 2010.
I guess I just like to underestimate Game Freak, then.

RagnarokX

I don’t know what’s crazier - The fact that Nintendo finally announced a different looking main Pokemon game or the fact that people actually still give a shit about Pokemon.

Not all games can be Uncharted clones, man. Pokemon is a super popular franchise, and for good reason.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Notice how the main character was standing in front of a mirror in the opening? Character customization confirmed?

SO Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, and Pokemon X/Y this year. Not a bad lineup thus far. I wonder if we'll see an Advance Wars or Zelda this year as well.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Except for the terrible looking TPP traversing I loved the trailer. Will get for sure.

8mVVX.jpg

Not really liking the look for the new trainer. Game looks great otherwise.

Yeah, its time to have customization for trainers at this point.

Maybe in the Z version release.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That blue deer legendary looks awesome.

JUST HOOK IT TO MY VEINS

Those starters are related to France, chestnuts, frogs and fennec... Does that mean what I think it is?

There was an Eiffel Tower type structure in the trailer...

MarkusRJR

The graphics are kinda bad and inconsistent (fps-wise) and the grass starter looks really bad. I usually have my first playthrough with the grass starter so that's a bit disappointing,.

Hopefully there are some crazy online/streetpass features.

Murrah

Banned
Battles looked fantastic and I can deal with the overworld. But man, all the new pokemon they showed looked pretty lame with the exception of that deer thing that looked like the forest spirit from Princess Mononoke

I'm not one of those people that only played gen 1 either, and I think gen 5 had maybe the best overall set of new mons of the whole series. Just really wasn't feeling any of these

Still mad hyped though

I like all the starters and the two legendaries so far. (The stag is very Princess Mononoke.)

My only real problem is the world map, it's really ugly.

Morokh

Exterior look a bit bad graphic-wise, but Pokemons in battles seem to look just fine, and battles seem quite dynamic.

Can't wait !

The thing that I noticed is that they didn't show artwork for the trainers yet, which they usually do at their reveals. Could this mean there will be an element of trainer customisation?

Zaventem

Chespin looks like shit.The other 2 are cool.And someone in th last thread was talking about frog pokemon got their wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom