• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB VI: Return of the Fairy (Pokémon E3 Information Summary)

Yep, four new Pokémon too!

13:17: Vivillon's pre-evolutions have been revealed as Kofukimushi (コフキムシ) & Kofuurai ( コフーライ), both of which are Bug-types
13:20: The Lion Cub Pokémon is called Shishiko (シシコ) and is Fire/Normal-type. The flower is Furabebe (フラベベ) and is Fairy-type and knows the move Fairy Wind
13:25: Starting town is called Asame Town (アサメタウン) and has three characters including Sana, Tieruno and Toroba. You just moved to Asame Town.

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii
TY, adding :)

ash_ag

The main heroes' names seem to be Callum and Serena. This is probably a reference to the chemical elements of Potassium (also known as Kalium) and Selenium. Also, that makes four rivals.

Oh yeah - one of the shots in the scan points out the Rhyhorn you can meet that was mentioned in the roundtable yesterday. It's this shot of Asame Town, from the gameplay trailer:

pzbirmW.png

On the right there.

Galang

Banned
Damn the designs for this generation are so good. Shishiko and the first form of Vivillon look adorable

Even the friends look good!

Zelias

Banned
All sounds good, especially Horde mode. Interested to see how they make EVs/IVs more intuitive as well, since that's my least favourite part of the game right now.

curious what they did differently with EV and IV. It really isn't 'easy enough' until I can mess with all that stuff without a guide open.

So from footage, I guess this new place will have a mixture of different pokemon from multiple generations?

Will they finally rerecord old pokemon voices? Seems like pikachu is just the tv show va now vs the static sound.

This game confirmed to have every pokemon available? Sounds like it, if you can import from ds. Will each pokeman have nintendogs mode?

This game won't be a small download lol. And I bet save times won't be kind T.T

It looks like with Furabebe, the flower isn't actually part of the Pokémon. The flavour text says it finds a flower after it's born, and looks after it for the rest of its life.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh, I just realized, Coro Coro didn't include the updates done by the site/E3 save for Vivillon.

Kofukimushi and Kofuurai (Spewpa) are adorable! Nothing short of impressed with the designs this generation. I absolutely love Shishiko too. I hope we have English names for these Pokemon soon.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Pokémon X and Y better have a dark type gym, it's just getting ridiculous how they currently the only type not have gym leader.

Though I am loving the new info and can't wait to play the game.

Espada

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSS

More info and pokemon! I'm liking that lion cub, and the possible dynamic of a group of friends will be interesting. That weird flower fairy type is just... okay.

Asame Town is the starting town. The characters shown are from left to right Toroba, Tieruno, and Sana (Sana resembles one of the characters from an earlier trailer who's following you in the forest). All three are from Asame Town, begin their Pokemon journeys with you, and you befriend them at the beginning of the story. You also befriend the opposite-gender character, who is either Callum if you play as a girl or Serena if you play as a boy (in Japanese, at least). He or she lives next door to you.

I wonder how the starter Pokemon will be distributed among these potential rivals? There won't be enough starter Pokemon for each of the characters who start their journeys alongside yours. I'm curious as to whether these characters might be from other regions as well, given the gadgets/gear each is using. You can make out what looks like a Poketch or CGear, Pokenav and a Pokegear.

zroid

Banned
ack, I hope you do interact with one or more parental units during the game, at least...

despite their limited involvement usually, it brings a certain amount of comfort, knowing you've got someone looking out for you!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
ack, I hope you do interact with one or more parental units during the game, at least...

despite their limited involvement usually, it brings a certain amount of comfort, knowing you've got someone looking out for you!

Well you have your roomies now it seems.

Top Bottom