• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB VI: Return of the Fairy (Pokémon E3 Information Summary)

No parents makes the customisation and skin tones easier to manage, I suppose. No parental figure gives you a blank canvas.
That would make sense - start out as foreign exchange students living in a dorm *_*

That's a unique start to any adventure if any. Hope that's the case *crosses fingers*

Yay Coro Coro leaks are out:

it shows a new character called Sana (サナ), who appears to be the character who follows you in the forest within the early trailer.
Another image shows a character called Pansy (パンジー), who appears in the anime with Gogoat & Helioptile on July 18th, and the first Gym Leader we know of called Viola (Literally Biora ビオラ), who appears to be a bug Gym Leader in Hakudan City (ハクダンシティ)
13:17: Vivillon's pre-evolutions have been revealed as Kofukimushi (コフキムシ) & Kofuurai ( コフーライ) which should be called Spewpa based on yesterday's information, both of which are Bug-types

The Lion Cub Pokémon is called Shishiko (シシコ) and is Fire/Normal-type which has a move called Battle Cry which lowers the opponent's attack. It is 0.6m and 13.5kg The flower is Furabebe (フラベベ), the Lone Flower Pokémon, and is Fairy-type and knows the move Fairy Wind. It is 0.1m and 0.1kg
13:25: Starting town is called Asame Town (アサメタウン) and has three characters including Sana, Tieruno and Toroba who are all starting out at the same time as you. You just moved to Asame Town and the other gender character appears in your game known as Callum or Serena respectively. You also appear to have a Rhyhorn live in your front garden

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man...
36325571_m6qpmi.png

36336406_mzap5w.jpg

36340867_mq2p53.jpg

36341780_mytr6y.png

36342198_mzxq7d.png

Kokonoe

Banned
Talonflame, Vivillon, and Clauncher are great designs. Noivern is pretty cool, too.

I'm glad character customization is finally there, I've been saying for years what 3D could do for Pokemon and the possibilities and now it's all coming to reality.

The lion club shall be the newest addition to the Scrafty Crew. Helioptile and it will combine their Normal subtypes to dominate in double battles!

I still think Helioptile is the best new design, BTW.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Was there supposed to be a video posted today from the conference last night? Or was that just a rumour?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Does anyone get a Megaman Battle Network/Star Force vibe from the three friend characters?

JoeM86

Okay okay :)

Also, wonder if Smash will go over different info than what was shown...

nah, they'll show the same stuff maybe, lol

It won't. It'll be these 9 Pokémon, the gym leader etc. spread across the weeks until the July 13th episode

Was there supposed to be a video posted today from the conference last night? Or was that just a rumour?

Give it about half an hour

Neiteio

Gah, I want high-res art of the NEW new Pokémon -- the two Bug-type pre-evos to Vivillon, the fire lion cub, and the flower fairy. Wow, nine new Pokémon announced at E3 so far. :O

Keyouta

Does that new fairy type pokemon have one leg or two? I can't tell!

Also, how much news do you guys expect for July? June has been packed, 9 new Pokemon!

18-Volt

Oh no! Bieber hairstyle!

This flower thing is supposed to be smallest pokémon? If so why put it into pokéball, I just put it right into my pocket.

Also, more fire type! Yay! I want more electric and Ice types too, please.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I still don't understand how a Pokemon can be Normal/something else, it sounds illogical to me
Who knows?

The first non-Flying dual-normal was Girafarig, probably to represent the two heads. Than Bibarel, because it evolved from Normal Bidoof and kept it alongside Water, since an early game rodent evolving into a non-Normal would be odd, I guess.

With Helioptile, people speculate it's because it isn't electrical itself, but rather needs sun energy to produce it.

Oh right, how does the information blowout today compare to BW's blowout last June?

According to a post on /vp/...

>12 new pokemon
>Resh and Zek's Types and abilities
>C-Gear stuff
>The Unova map
>Prof. Juniper
>Triple Battles

June 2013 gave us...
>9 new pokemon
>Fairy type
>Pokemon Amie
>Horde and Sky battles
>PSS system
>1st gym leader
>3 rival/friend characters

About even I'd say. And we've got one more month for XY to go than BW did, since it came out in September.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I still don't understand how a Pokemon can be Normal/something else, it sounds illogical to me

Not fully attuned to the element. Like Sawsbuck is a plain deer but vegetation grows on its horns. Helioptile is a regular lizard but uses outside source to create energy.

ash_ag

Not fully attuned to the element. Like Sawsbuck is a plain deer but vegetation grows on its horns. Helioptile is a regular lizard but uses outside source to create energy.

Well, Normal is an element on itself, but it's not all that well defined... That can be said with many other types too. For example, 'Ghost' may refer to ghosts, but it includes various other undead and horror creatures (like mummies, phantoms, killer toys etc.). Even 'Dragon' isn't limited to dragons these days, but when you look at the Pokémon that carry the Dragon attribute (a land shark, a cloud bird...), it's hard to define exactly what they represent. I could go on, with 'Poison' and gross things, or 'Steel' and, well, any metal.

I'd like a game with a plot that offers explanations on the elements of Pokémon. I'd really like them to say outright that the types' names are simply conventions to describe the thing easily rather than an absolute rule.

Vibranium

Banned
All the information is just awesome, I'm super curious as to how sky-battles will play out.

The designs have all been really good in my opinion, I skipped Gen V because of fatigue mostly though.

And the customization looks excellent, can't wait!

Neiteio

The flower fairy sounds excellent. It clearly pays tribute to the old folktales of "little people" who lived under mushrooms and in flowers. The idea that each one might be associated with a different flower sounds cool; perhaps it's like Spinda where there are different variations, and in this case it's different varieties of flowers?

Top Bottom