• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure there are many Clinton/Toomey voters here? I don't see Toomey surviving the Philadelphia turnout machine.

I mean, someone is wrong! I'm inclined to think McGinty can capture the suburban white women vote, but I'm also a Democrat.

Hillary heading into debate prep in DC.

I mean, someone is wrong! I'm inclined to think McGinty can capture the suburban white women vote, but I'm also a Democrat.

Hillary heading into debate prep in DC.

geez, talk about overprepared. theyre gonna have her more wound up than kaine, if thats possible. what ever happened to spur of the moment, stream of conscious, and spontaneity? hillary inauthentic.

jmood88

I have a feeling Trump could do pretty well on Sunday. The format gives him a opportunity to be personable and charismatic, areas he admittedly holds an edge over Clinton. Whether he seizes that opportunity is an open question, but I don't expect him to be as easily rattled as last time. Hope I'm wrong!
If all the people asking questions are white men, maybe. He's going to get a question from a woman and he'll end up dismissing and/or patronizing her while he's going through his lie(s) and that's what will be played over and over again. I have no idea where people are getting the idea that Trump is some ridiculously charismatic person because that just simply isn't true, unless as I said earlier, he's talking to a white man (and even then, it would have to be a white man who agrees with him).

SurveyUSA New Mexico

Clinton 46
Trump 33
Johnson 14

But omg you guys Johnson will totally win NM and deadlock the electoral college producing a Johnson victory from the House, LIBERALS IN DENIAL

Add "Electoral College deadlock" to "cross-party ticket" and "one-term pledge" as things the media obsesses over for no reason.

Also, Nate seems to be in the habit lately of strongly reacting to a single poll. It's the exact sort of thing he used to caution against.

A town hall debate is basically the perfect setting for Clinton vs. Trump. It's a format she excels at, as she's very good at connecting with individuals while Trump is just a disaster waiting to happen once someone sets him off. I'm not even worried about expectations being too high or anything like that just because I think it's going to be that lopsided.

Holmes

I'm not sure there are many Clinton/Toomey voters here? I don't see Toomey surviving the Philadelphia turnout machine.
There are definitely some Clinton/Toomey voters in PA, especially if Clinton wins by about 10% and McGinty has a 4-5% win. They are probably the college educated, suburban voters Clinton is picking up.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
A town hall debate is basically the perfect setting for Clinton vs. Trump. It's a format she excels at, as she's very good at connecting with individuals while Trump is just a disaster waiting to happen once someone sets him off. I'm not even worried about expectations being too high or anything like that just because I think it's going to be that lopsided.

I want Hillary to hug a crying person and one up Bill.

Jeels

Is Sunday's debate a town hall in the sense that one candidate comes out at a time, people ask them questions, then they leave and the other comes out? Or will the candidates get to interact with each other as well and both answer the same questions/rebute the other's response? I hope it's the latter because I think the mix of Hillary being up there with him doing some psychological warfare + individual citizens asking him real questions will wreck Trump quickly.

Holmes

Is Sunday's debate a town hall in the sense that one candidate comes out at a time, people ask them questions, then they leave and the other comes out? Or will the candidates get to interact with each other as well and both answer the same questions/rebute the other's response? I hope it's the latter because I think the mix of Hillary being up there with him doing some psychological warfare + individual citizens asking him real questions will wreck Trump quickly.

Both candidates will be on the floor at the same time.

Vestal

Gold Member

Both are out at the same time and interact..

I have a feeling Trump could do pretty well on Sunday. The format gives him a opportunity to be personable and charismatic, areas he admittedly holds an edge over Clinton. Whether he seizes that opportunity is an open question, but I don't expect him to be as easily rattled as last time. Hope I'm wrong!

Trump excels at being personable?

Since when?

QPac:

Florida; Rubio=48, Murphy(D)=44
NC: Ross(D)=46, Burr(D)=46
Ohio: Portman(R)=55, Strickland(D)=38
Florida: Toomey(R)=50, McGinty(D)=42

Bad poll for McGinty.

Murphy still trails by 6-7 points in the aggregate polls even though Rubio was the worst politician out of the 16 that lost to Donald Trump, just sad.

Dear lord I remember when the Ohio Senate race was at least within the realm of possibility. It seems like the only way Clinton wins that state narrowly is with a blowout win. What exactly went so wrong in the last couple of months because Clinton consistently lead or tied for most of this race?

Dear lord I remember when the Ohio Senate race was at least within the realm of possibility. It seems like the only way Clinton wins that state narrowly is with a blowout win. What exactly went so wrong in the last couple of months because Clinton consistently lead or tied for most of this race?

living in ohio I have no clue how the polls shifted so heavily, or what caused it. Nothing really different has happened in the state that I know of. Even the debate didn't seem to help.

Pyrokai

Portman ran a flawless campaign. Had much more money, and somehow distanced himself from Trump better than any other Republican in the country. The result has been that his campaign is working an up-ballot effect DESPITE John Kasich not endorsing--and pretty obviously hating--Donald Trump.

It's Insanity. I feel bad for Strickland. He was great for being us here in Ohio as governor, but he didn't win reelection as governor because...oops! No one fucking votes in midterms and the evil takes over.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/10/05/trumps-october-surprise-it-could-be-his-2015-tax-return/

Clinton's got to be prepared for this

Trump can pretty much pretty up his taxes release them then after the fact change them back.

Not really.

I mean, he is under audit, and he has already filed these tax returns. Filing false returns and then amending them is not a get out of jail free card. It will open up more questions from the IRS on the audit.

He *could* do this, but considering he has already filed his 2015 returns and is under audit for that year, doing so would basically give the IRS a free shot at him.

Diablos

Well they don't. Obamacare is flopping. Needs help. Luckily that is clintons position and no1curr except republicans and kellyanne Conway.
Well yes there are problems but the goal is for Bill not to make a gaffe about it until after the election.

Even if Hillary wins we need to face some harsh realities regarding the ACA 😕

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Even if Hillary wins we need to face some harsh realities regarding the ACA 😕
Not even "if", it's why she must win. If she doesn't then house and senate are also gone. They will gut the ACA, maybe keep good PR stuff (no denial for pre-existing conditions) and we will be worse off than before we had it.

The only way forward is with a dem in the White House, and even then any minor improvements will come from clawing and scratching it away.

Edit: autocorrect tried to make "dem in" into "demon"
666 Hillary am the devil confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom