• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pence, Rubio, Kasich, and Cruz have no chance in 2020. Cruz and Kasich are hated by Republicans and have super low favorables.

Indians really hate Trump. A lot.

Do they usually vote Liberal, or is it something Trump has said?

Indians are the most Democrat leaning group in America other than black people.

It's largely because their skin is really dark so they get more racism.

Award winning debate coach on CNN's final grade:
Kaine: B (I deducted a letter grade for excessive interrupting)
Pence: C (Defending Trump isnt his forte)

I think now that Kaine has been severely repulsed by Trump's campaign. As a former missionary who saw so much pain and suffering in the world, and as someone who really understands intersectionality of institutional bias, he just couldnt wait to rip into Trump. I dont think there's any other way to explain his aggression.

Honestly kind of annoyed that Pence presented himself better than Kaine, but I suppose that's what you sacrifice for being on the attack.

He sports his bland, "presidential" mug so easily with his backward views though - basically Cruz is like that but on steroids which is again why I'm glad they got rid of his ass early.

Gah, I hate any kind of republican victory.

sazzy

Fairleigh Dickinson University poll (A pollster on 538):

Clinton 45%
Trump 36%
Johnson 11%
Stein 3%

H2H:
Clinton 50
Trump 40

from that same report

LdMYRa.png

If trump ends up below 40% of the vote in this election the republicans may never recover from this election.

I don't think this is the case. Trump himself doesn't feel like he's a Republican, and even Clinton's campaign has tried to make sure Republicans know that Trump isn't really one of them.

Loudninja

I don't think this is the case. Trump himself doesn't feel like he's a Republican, and even Clinton's campaign has tried to make sure Republicans know that Trump isn't really one of them.
Ehhh he is going to do some e serious damage to the GOP he is a Republican he is their candidate.

Fairleigh Dickinson University poll (A pollster on 538):

Clinton 45%
Trump 36%
Johnson 11%
Stein 3%

H2H:
Clinton 50
Trump 40

Gotta be an outlier. No way do I think the country is that intelligent. Though the H2H numbers are pretty accurate to the idea of a Clinton bump while Trump sits around his ceiling.

Would be huge if this was the final margin.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Republican party would have needed to very publicly distance themselves from him, and would have needed to do it months ago. They're linked to him forever.

So, it seems like there's been something a swap. Johnson is pulling similar numbers, but it seems like some trumpers have gone to johnson, and some johnsoners have come to hillary. It used to be that 4 way polls would cost clinton ~3 points, now they seem to have a one or zero point effect.

Perfect.

Matt O'Brian of WaPo pointed out that if Ohio becomes lean R, then we may never have to hear about "the war on coal" again because no swing state will have coal miners in it.

... This is a potential benefit.

kingkitty

Matt O'Brian of WaPo pointed out that if Ohio becomes lean R, then we may never have to hear about "the war on coal" again because no swing state will have coal miners in it.

... This is a potential benefit.

there's still the primaries!

also, debate was a mess. gave me a headache. Pence has the folksy chuckle down to a science.

The South Park hate is strong here haha

But I get why especially in the context of making light of an extremely serious issue.
I love Matt and Trey, but man were they ever wrong about Manbearpig, their douche vs shit sandwich analogy, and their defense of the Iraq War in Team America. I would be interested to see if they still stand by their dick/pussy/asshole approach to foreign policy given the hard turn libertarians have taken against Iraq since then.

BriGuy

I have a feeling Trump could do pretty well on Sunday. The format gives him a opportunity to be personable and charismatic, areas he admittedly holds an edge over Clinton. Whether he seizes that opportunity is an open question, but I don't expect him to be as easily rattled as last time. Hope I'm wrong!

Someone said there are only 75000 coal miners in the US now. I understand we need to help these people, but they really are not an important issue in the grand scheme of the president's role. The democrats might as well just cede all of them.

The South Park hate is strong here haha

But I get why especially in the context of making light of an extremely serious issue.

At the time, they weren't making light of it. It was another one of those people are exaggerating the effects of what will happen from Global Warming things which makes sense considering their philosophy.

The format gives him a opportunity to be personable and charismatic, areas he admittedly holds an edge over Clinton.

In one on one settings this is not true at all. This reminds me of people thinking because Trump had a TV show he would work the camera so much better than Clinton in the first debate. He ended up looking like he had never been on tv before. Also, this format is a lot more about connecting to the person in the audience rather than being the attack dog. Trump's whole camapaign has been about him railing on how terrible everything is and he has needed a teleprompter to give a decent coherent message of his own.

Boke1879

I have a feeling Trump could do pretty well on Sunday. The format gives him a opportunity to be personable and charismatic, areas he admittedly holds an edge over Clinton. Whether he seizes that opportunity is an open question, but I don't expect him to be as easily rattled as last time. Hope I'm wrong!

It's his best chance to seem calm and collected but I don't trust him not to say anything stupid

The last time he did a town hall, he argued with a veteran on a suicide statistic that he ended up being wrong on.

Nobody should have any faith at all that Trump will do well in this format. This is his weakest format, because arguing and dodging questions looks worse in this kind of debate than just ignoring or arguing with a moderator.

Guys entire life is being a "counter-puncher" and you think he won't take the bait?

Toxi

Banned
At the time, they weren't making light of it. It was another one of those people are exaggerating the effects of what will happen from Global Warming things which makes sense considering their philosophy.
Uh, yeah they were. Acting like climate change isn't a threat and treating climate change awareness like hysteria is the definition of making light of It. It's the exact same humor conservatives use to make fun of the issue.

It's okay to admit a show you like said something stupid. And hey, at least that time when South Park was stupid it was actually funny.

Loudninja

Personable and charismatic is not something Trump does at all.

I'm not sure I can agree with this. He has always come across as blunt, insensitive, and argumentative in most 1 on 1 conversations I've seem him in.

Uhhh, he is literally none of those things you just said.

I have a feeling my dunk tank analogy from last night's going to hold even more true for the second debate.

Just gonna nail that button every single time and get Donald more and more enraged

A voter is going to ask him a question he doesn't like. Maybe the voter will make an accusation he doesn't agree with. "Why did you support the Iraq war" for example. He fought Holt over that one.

What does Donald Trump do?

Donald Trump 100% of the time starts an argument.

He will have lost the debate at that very minute.

This is also after, maybe 45 minutes of Hillary pushing his buttons and messing with his head like she did last time. Coming unhinged in this debate carries a lot more consequences than just rambling on a stage arguing with everyone.

I'm not sure that a town hall format is really a better opportunity for him to be personable, he's already kind of odd when standing at a podium.

A voter is going to ask him a question he doesn't like. Maybe the voter will make an accusation he doesn't agree with. "Why did you support the Iraq war" for example. He fought Holt over that one.

What does Donald Trump do?

Donald Trump 100% of the time starts an argument.

He will have lost the debate at that very minute.

I just hope there is a naturalized refugee among the crowd. Can you imagine how badly Trump would fail there.

A bunch of people in this forum were shitting the bed before the first debate, which gave Trump much greater latitude to be presidential than the Townhall. But me and few others in here were super confident in Hillary's gameplan and Trump's propensity to explode. It's going to be a bloodbath in the townhall and worse than the first one. Did you know why Trump became unhinged? Because Hillary hired his former biographer and even psychologists to find out what triggers him. Trump taking a loan from his dad was one. We have to wait and find out what other triggers he has in the 2nd and 3rd debate and for sure he will get triggered. This is a 70 year old man who thinks he is smarter than military generals. If anyone thinks he's going to change and come off personable is not paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom