• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kess

Best part about that ad is the faux emoting from Pence (listen to his voice quiver, because he's so, so outraged), and BAM the actual Trump quote.

Zukkoyaki

How does Colin feel about Bill Weld? Every Johnson voter I've spoken to hates Bill Weld, usually for his "incredibly uninformed view on guns."
Not really sure on how he feels about Weld considering how blindly he thrust his support on the Johnson/Weld ticket simply because they aren't Clinton or Trump. For a guy as invested in history, politics and championing what's best for his country as he is, he's looked really, really silly doing this.

From what I've noticed, a lot of Johnson supporters ultimately don't like Weld much because he isn't a true "everybody do whatever the fuck you want" libertarian.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Donald's LGBT stance is not as hardcore right as Pence's. There was no reason to bring up something Donald's scores better on than Pence.
Sure there is, hold his feet to the fire on that shit. He wasn't going to adopt the softer stance. Show them as the worst of both worlds, he won't defend Trump when he is extreme, and when Trump is "moderate" he is still extreme.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
From what I've noticed, a lot of Johnson supporters ultimately don't like Weld much because he isn't a true "everybody do whatever the fuck you want" libertarian.

Well, neither is Johnson. He actually supports drivers licenses!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
13 million less viewers for that debate than in 2012.

Not really sure on how he feels about Weld considering how blindly he thrust his support on the Johnson/Weld ticket simply because they aren't Clinton or Trump. For a guy as invested in history, politics and championing what's best for his country as he is, he's looked really, really silly doing this.

The dudes twitter handle is "notaxation"

lol at the bolded.

Just have him stick to climate change.

Which he will and is a great issue for millennials the

'lol gore' is silly

TheFatOne

Ratings were down from 2012

Man Clintons strategy looks even better the day after. Most people didn't watch the debates, and will get their information about the debate this week through the media. Pence wins immediately, but those clips of Pence lying over and over will make Kaine win over the long run. Kaine is a bro though. Took a hit to his looks for Clinton.

ampere

"Pence helped Mike Pence, especially when viewed through a 2020 lens. But Kaine helped Clinton more than Pence helped Trump"

lol

I'm not sure I even agree that Pence helped himself with the lielieliedeny tactic

lol

I'm not sure I even agree that Pence helped himself with the lielieliedeny tactic

Pence helped himself in that he stood by conservatism, while pretending that Donald Trump didn't exist. So, that's what the GOP message will be going forward. Donald Trump never existed. He never said anything he said. They ran an empty top of the ticket in 2016.

Pence's strategy last night was to defend the GOP. Kaine's was to defend Hillary Clinton.

One was running for Vice President, the other was running to salvage their party.

It'll be some non-politician with a crazy, racist, populist message again unless they make substantial changes to the primary system. Trump's voters aren't going to go away in 4 years.

Bigly

CuAde0dXEAArRB9.jpg:large

royalan

So I guess Rubio, Cruz, Kasich, & Pence are the frontrunners for 2020.

Let the smear campaign begin.

Seriously. Every day from Nov 9th on the Democrats need to be unleashing an onslaught on anyone who looks like they might run, and the Republican party as a whole.

I think the Democrats' greatest asset that they have only just begun to leverage is their ensemble. They have so many big names with their own claims to fame and they are generally all well liked. Moving forward, especially down ticket, I think communicating that a vote for a democrat is a vote for the whole team might be a good strategy.

People are susceptible to personality, including liberals. Make people want to vote for the dream team.

Let the smear campaign begin.

Seriously. Every day from Nov 9th on the Democrats need to be unleashing an onslaught on anyone who looks like they might run, and the Republican party as a whole.

Why? All that would do would weed out the weak ones and leave the strongest to run. Why attack them before they even run?

TheFatOne

You know what I find hilarious this narrative that somehow Trump is going to learn from Pences performance yesterday. Town halls are nothing like regular debates he's going to learn jack shit from yesterday. Plus you have to assume Trump is capable of learning anything for that narrative to work because so far he hasn't/

Toxi

Banned
You know what I find hilarious this narrative that somehow Trump is going to learn from Pences performance yesterday. Town halls are nothing like regular debates he's going to learn jack shit from yesterday. Plus you have to assume Trump is capable of learning anything for that narrative to work because so far he hasn't/
Wait, people think Trump is gonna act like Pence? Have they ever actually seen Donald Trump?

Valhelm

contribute something
Congratulations to Hillary Clinton on her reelection.

I really think Marco would beat Hillary.

He's more charismatic, and is level-headed and professional in ways that Trump isn't. He might seem a mite too polished, but lots of voters feel the same way about Hillary.

Okay I missed everything. Pence lied a lot, got that. Why did Kaine "lose"

To most viewers, Kaine came off as immature and excitable. His constant turns to Trump might help in the long run, but seemed a little bit desperate in the framework of the debate.

Toxi

Banned
Okay I missed everything. Pence lied a lot, got that. Why did Kaine "lose"
Horrible start where Kaine kept interrupting with no actual argument, then general aggressiveness for the rest of the debate. He also primarily focused on going after Donald Trump, not Mike Pence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom