• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Why? All that would do would weed out the weak ones and leave the strongest to run. Why attack them before they even run?

Attack the whole party. Democrats need to start setting narratives before the race even starts.

You know what I find hilarious this narrative that somehow Trump is going to learn from Pences performance yesterday. Town halls are nothing like regular debates he's going to learn jack shit from yesterday. Plus you have to assume Trump is capable of learning anything for that narrative to work because so far he hasn't/

Agreed. It really doesn't make sense because the tactic of DenyDenyDeflect Pence used would not work a town hall setting where you're taking questions from real people.

If Trump is taking real audience questions and pivoting to attack Hillary Clinton without acknowledging them, that'll come off really bad.

I really think Marco would beat Hillary.

He's more charismatic, and is level-headed and professional in ways that Trump isn't. He might seem a mite too polished, but lots of voters feel the same way about Hillary.

Rubio? Charismatic?

He'd also never make it out of a primary. Too much baggage, especially now after his embarrassing run this year.

Toxi

Banned
Shocked that Japanese American support for Trump is so high, relatively speaking. Doesn't he remind folks of internment?
Internment happened 70 years ago, so no. Most Japanese Americans weren't even alive back then.

Also, 22% isn't high.

teiresias

Bigly

CuAde0dXEAArRB9.jpg:large

Unless you collected the data and made the chart in Excel yourself, a source would be helpful.

Rubio? Charismatic?

He'd also never make it out of a primary. Too much baggage, especially now after his embarrassing run this year.

He also has nothing on Romney who also lost.

The GOP needs their own Bill Clinton to fix their national image, but is there literally a shred of evidence anywhere that they're moving to the center?

I joke that 2020 will be Nugent/Hogan, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if Sessions ends up winning it. The GOP isn't realigning at all.

The GOP needs their own Bill Clinton to fix their national image, but is there literally a shred of evidence anywhere that they're moving to the center?

I joke that 2020 will be Nugent/Hogan, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if Sessions ends up winning it. The GOP isn't realigning at all.

I think the Republican "Bill Clinton" would be someone up and coming that we'd notice. So far there hasn't been any indications of any charismatic center/center-left Republican is up and coming. If anything, the up and coming Republicans are further right than the ones before it. Rubio and Cruz are from a different generation as Romney and Bush, and are far more conservative than they were.

Bowdz

I think it's hard to guess exactly what will happen after the election in terms of GOP realignment. They actually did make an effort to moderate a little after 2012 with the fiscal cliff and immigration reform (it's just that John Boehner lacked any backbone). I don't think anyone really knows whether the GOP will actually clamp down on the nominating process for 2020 or if Ryan will acquiesce on certain pieces of legislation like immigration reform, infrastructure spending, or criminal justice reform in an attempt to moderate.

Not to bedwet, but my only reservation about having all these surrogates in the field is the potential for gaffes a la Bill’s Obamacare comment. But otherwise what an advantage to have not only HRC and Kaine, but Obama, Michelle, Biden, Bernie, Warren, and Gore out there in the swing states getting people to get excited and volunteer. In ’08 in Virginia, the only surrogates I remember were Bill Richardson and George Lopez. That said, at the field office where I worked, Mandy Patinkin did come by to sing songs and buck up morale. I regret not asking him to sing “Y’all are Brutalizing Me” from the Mr. Show movie, but it would’ve been really out of place with his set of uplifting Broadway songs.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BA3JUpQzOek

Nugent/Hogan vs Hanks/DiCaprio.... we all know who would win

SexyFish

Banned
This is a terrible thing to ask, but is there any possible impact that hurricane Matthew could have on the election or would it be null.

I don't think Al Gore has any millennial relevance

As a millennial, myself and most of my friends are fully aware that Gore lost the 2000 election by total bullshit and our futures/educational situations were totally compromised by the Bush administration's lack of fight against the ridiculous loans we had to take out just to go to college.

Climate change is also huge among myself and most of my similar aged friends, so just so much as having somebody champion for it in the face of the establishment is enough to care about him.

Not saying he's some kind of savior, but he's certainly one of the more respected politicians among average millenials.

Gore is fine to send out for a few reasons. One, he can speak to how voting for a 3rd party can fuck us over. (Even though it's not solely on Nader, but you know..) He has the cred on climate change for the children. He's liked by Democrats of a certain age, although they'll be voting for Hillary anyway.

Plus, it's just a nice talking point. You've got former Presidents, former Vice Presidents, whatever out there stumping. Trump has himself.

Asian-Americans, specifically Indian-Americans, were one of the populations Hillary did amazingly well with-so much so that getting them onboard to Obama after the primary (we had a late primary in NC) was a concern. I legit wore my "mathematicians for hillary" button alongside my Obummer gear in 2008 when canvassing some neighborhoods and got cred with some Asian-American families because of it (note :I have a applied math degree, so it was legit right?)

Also Indian-Americans are extremely well educated and reside in the same well-educated suburbs that Trump has completely fallen apart in.

Teggy

Interesting

WASHINGTON ― Glenn Beck’s website The Blaze is coming apart, suffering from a lack of editorial direction, staff attrition and internal discord, according to sources inside the news outlet.

The site, which Beck launched in 2010 to serve as the conservative counterpart to The Huffington Post, has dropped from 25 employees on its editorial side to just six. A source inside The Blaze, who requested anonymity for fear of retribution, told HuffPost that the mood among the rapidly diminishing news team is somber.

“The few people who are still left are looking for an exit because they know The Blaze is over,” the source said. “They haven’t told us straight up that they’re done with us, but all the signs point to it, and they’re not replacing people who are laid off or get out.”

Other sources at the site say that reporters were notified in September that their phone and travel stipends had been eliminated. They were also notified over the summer that their health benefits would be reduced.

Grief.exe

This is a terrible thing to ask, but is there any possible impact that hurricane Matthew could have on the election or would it be null.

There are a range of possibilities depending on the level of damage, the Federal Government's response, which will be attributed to Obama, and what communities the hurricane impacts.

Bowdz

I wish more surrogates would tie climate change to immigration and terrorism. Make the point that as climate change gets worse, more countries are going to face famine and political strife, making them ripe for conflict and terrorism. More countries are going to see mass exodus' of impoverished citizens into Western nations creating a far worse immigration crisis than we are currently seeing in Syria.

Everything the Trump base hates will be made so much worse if we don't do anything to combat climate change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom