• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally nothing about him seems to indicate him being a commie aside from commies apparently all believing in that link you posted? Hell, he even posted a link about how Trump's not-SOTU was "presidential but with a few rough patches" and mostly just posts links about national security. I guess he seems to like the YPG?

You can even find him posting about "LIBERALS LYING TO YOU IT'S NOT ACTUALLY A MUSLIM BAN"

I saw this retweeted by "The War Nerd" a popular communist blogger.

Slime

Banned
"For the part of the national security apparatus that I oversaw as DNI, there was no such wiretap activity mounted against the President-elect at the time, or as a candidate, or against his campaign," Clapper said Sunday morning on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Asked whether he could confirm or deny whether the FBI could have tapped Trump's phones under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, Clapper was unequivocal.

"I can deny it," he said. "There is no FISA court order, not to my knowledge, of anything at Trump Tower."

Looks like the FISA rumor was false after all. Honestly surprised.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/05/politics/clapper-trump-wiretap/index.html

Sibylus

Banned
If nobody pursued taps through FISA for a Russian coup, then honestly what use is it. Here I was thinking I'd have to finally say something good about it for once!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/05/...column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.

Mr. Comey made the request on Saturday after Mr. Trump leveled his allegation on Twitter. Mr. Comey has been working to get the Justice Department to knock down Mr. Trump’s claim because there is no evidence to support it and it insinuates that the F.B.I. broke the law, the officials said.

A spokesman for the F.B.I. declined to comment. Sarah Isgur Flores, the spokeswoman for the Justice Department, also declined to comment.

A statement by the Justice Department or Mr. Comey refuting Mr. Trump’s allegations would be a remarkable rebuke of a sitting president, putting the nation’s top law enforcement officials in the position of questioning the truthfulness of the government’s top leader. The situation underscores the high stakes of what the president and his aides have set out by accusing the former president of a conspiracy to undermine Mr. Trump’s young administration.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Is John Schindler not reliable? Because he is reporting that the IC has "considerable SIGINT featuring high-level Russians talking about their collusion with Team Trump."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Robert Costa
Robert Costa‏ @costareports
A phrase I keep hearing from Trump ally after Trump ally: "deep state." Growing belief inside WH that elements of I.C. aligned against them.

I cannot believe this is the route they want to go. The only thing this leads me to believe is they want to purge it of anybody that doesn't go along with their own sinister goals, and, if that ever happens, we are screwed.

Emarv

I cannot believe this is the route they want to go. The only thing this leads me to believe is they want to purge it of anybody that doesn't go along with their own sinister goals, and, if that ever happens, we are screwed.
The paranoia of the Nixonian White House led them to make stupid mistakes and actions. With the level of incompetence Trump's team has shown so far, I'd hope for the same here

kess

"Deep State" was, literally, the AK Party line against secularism in Turkey.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The paranoia of the Nixonian White House led them to make stupid mistakes and actions. With the level of incompetence Trump's team has shown so far, I'd hope for the same here

One big problem: The Dems controlled both houses of congress during Watergate. That is obviously not the case right now, and short of Trump diddling a six year old* on live television, nothing will happen to him.

*and even then lots of people will brush it off as "locker room talk"

What is SIGINT and is it contradicting anything here?

Per Wikipedia:

Signals intelligence (SIGINT) is intelligence-gathering by interception of signals, whether communications between people (communications intelligence—abbreviated to COMINT) or from electronic signals not directly used in communication (electronic intelligence—abbreviated to ELINT). Signals intelligence is a subset of intelligence collection management.

As sensitive information is often encrypted, signals intelligence in turn involves the use of cryptanalysis to decipher the messages. Traffic analysis—the study of who is signaling whom and in what quantity—is also used to derive information.

Would mean they have info showing Trump's team and the Russians talking.

Rubenov

When do you guys think we should expect a Trump impeachment before? At this point, I think it's inevitable. It's only been a little over a month and everything is crumbling. All the insiders are suggesting that the topple isn't too far off with the evidence they have. There's absolutely no way he's going to last 4 years. The investigation stuff is gaining momentum very fast and it's apparent to anyone with a brain that Trump is working with Russia. The WH is leaking like crazy. Once they start to get more dirt on his cronies, they are going to out him at the drop of a hat.

I'm going to be optimistic and say that if he isn't out by the summer, he will definitely be out before the end of this year.

I wish I shared your optimism. It takes a LOT to oust a President. All he needs is a couple of good economic news every once in a while and he stays on track.

GutsOfThor

I wish I shared your optimism. It takes a LOT to oust a President. All he needs is a couple of good economic news every once in a while and he stays on track.

Pretty much. If the economy stays afloat, all will be forgotten unfortunately.

Teggy

Meanwhile tons of regulations are being gutted and trump is spending more money on weekend trips to Florida than the cost to clean the lakes that he's cut from the budget.

Was that what that was? I thought it was that he'd visited 57 states plus territories for the primaries, counting places like DC, Puerto Rico, Guam, etc.
He said he had three states he didn't visit, which with the 47 would be all 50.

It's a reasonable spin, but it was just a slip of the tongue anyway. He was exhausted, and he caught himself. Of course he doesn't think there are 57 states you fucking morons.

sangreal

real comments on the allegedly-mainstream conservative redstate

PjvT9HU.png

One big problem: The Dems controlled both houses of congress during Watergate. That is obviously not the case right now, and short of Trump diddling a six year old* on live television, nothing will happen to him.

*and even then lots of people will brush it off as "locker room talk"

Democrats or "Democrats"? Because I'm sure most of the South was still voting Dem even though they'd be allied with Nixon on most things.

sangreal

Trump hates being president. Dude looks forward to the weekend to go straight to Florida.

how long until he actually gets called out on this outside of the left? it's ridiculous. I don't care about the President going on vacation, but taking every weekend off? I don't get every weekend off and I'm just a corporate drone

how long until he actually gets called out on this outside of the left? it's ridiculous. I don't care about the President going on vacation, but taking every weekend off? I don't get every weekend off and I'm just a corporate drone

Not to mention how astronomically expensive it is for this shit.

If he spends like 40 weekends a year there, which doesn't seem that unlikely at current rate... it will cost something like half a billion dollars during his term.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa...MSNBC has a Los Angeles division?? :O

I can theoretically get a job there and not have to worry about moving to New York! :O

edit: goddamn it, they're in Santa Monica :/
New York: too far from LA
Santa Monica: too far from LA

Costa's new report is up:

Inside Trump's fury: The president rages at leaks, setbacks and accusations

President Trump spent the weekend at ”the winter White House," Mar-a-Lago, the secluded Florida castle where he is king. The sun sparkles off the glistening lawn and warms the russet clay Spanish tiles, and the steaks are cooked just how he likes them (well done). His daughter Ivanka and son-in-law Jared Kushner — celebrated as calming influences on the tempestuous president — joined him. But they were helpless to contain his fury.

Trump was mad — steaming, raging mad.

Trump's young presidency has existed in a perpetual state of chaos. The issue of Russia has distracted from what was meant to be his most triumphant moment: his address last Tuesday to a joint session of Congress. And now his latest unfounded accusation — that Barack Obama tapped Trump's phones during last fall's campaign — had been denied by the former president and doubted by both allies and fellow Republicans.

Trump, meanwhile, has been feeling besieged, believing that his presidency is being tormented in ways known and unknown by a group of Obama-aligned critics, federal bureaucrats and intelligence figures — not to mention the media, which he has called ”the enemy of the American people."

That angst over what many in the White House call the ”deep state" is fermenting daily, fueled by rumors and tidbits picked up by Trump allies within the intelligence community and by unconfirmed allegations that have been made by right-wing commentators. The ”deep state" is a phrase popular on the right for describing entrenched networks hostile to Trump.

There's much more, but I don't want to overquote.

edit:

When Trump ran into Christopher Ruddy on the golf course and later at dinner Saturday, he vented to his friend. ”This will be investigated," Ruddy recalled Trump telling him. ”It will all come out. I will be proven right."

”He was pissed," said Ruddy, the chief executive of Newsmax, a conservative media company. ”I haven't seen him this angry."
Good. Good. The salt must flow.

Jon Favreau's been getting pretty popular on Twitter with a series of clever tweets this year. Hope he continues to use his new platform for great things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom