• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

How hard could it possibly be to know who is leaking info on trump being pissed at maralago? How many people could have that info?

The problem is that people eventually tell other people and those people tell other people. And with how erratic Trump is the leaks could be from anyone

Also I'm positively giddy Trump's life is full of misery. I'm expecting tomorrow's ban to be a complete disaster

I don't see how any ban resembling what they wanted passes through when the court so thoroughly rejected the last one. The DHS report will also make any claims of safety invalid and Trump will be embarrassed once again. I mean by all means go ahead.

The real failure will be when Trumpcare fails to pass and it hangs on his head for the rest of his term assuming he makes it

~Kinggi~

Banned
So um....is the EO tomorrow going to get rejected by the courts again too?

Rachel Maddow did an episode a few days ago on her opinion on why she thought the EO would be dead because they were leaked further documents from a bunch of agencies saying that entry into the US from those countries isnt the origin of terrorism and that radicalization happens years after non-us citizens enter the country. Basically the driving factor of national security was reported as the wrong reason for banning the countries. She leaked it cause she figures that report isnt gonna be publicly released.

So at least that report might be able to be used as evidence if they claim the ban is needed because of security.

mo60

If he spends like 40 weekends a year there, which doesn't seem that unlikely at current rate... it will cost something like half a billion dollars during his term.

I wouldn't be surprised if travel expenses ended up being over a billion once trump's first term is over.

Loxley

Costa's new report is up:

There's much more, but I don't want to overquote.

edit:

Good. Good. The salt must flow.

mQxvY0r.jpg

Motherfucker is still using scotch tape to hold the back of his ties down. Have some class man, you're the fucking President.

sangreal

edit:

and the steaks are cooked just how he likes them (well done)

impeachable offense right there

Trump, meanwhile, has been feeling besieged, believing that his presidency is being tormented in ways known and unknown by a group of Obama-aligned critics, federal bureaucrats and intelligence figures — not to mention the media, which he has called ”the enemy of the American people."

turning into erdogan by the day

Teggy

If anything good has come out of this, maybe exposing Trump's eating habits finally got Adam to stop eating his steak well done with ketchup.

If Trump and co are paranoid about a deep state working against them and if it is the case it wouldn't be Obama that set the ball rolling it was most likely George Bush Senior as he was CIA director and beloved and respected by the agency to this day. This is payback for fucking over Jeb.

broz0rs

Here's an epic interview with David Letterman in which half of the article is about current politics, especially Donald Trump. Here's an excerpt:

David Letterman said:
I always regarded him as, if you’re going to have New York City, you gotta have a Donald Trump. He was a joke of a wealthy guy. We didn’t take him seriously. He’d sit down, and I would just start making fun of him. He never had any retort. He was big and doughy, and you could beat him up. He seemed to have a good time, and the audience loved it, and that was Donald Trump. Beyond that, I remember a friend in the PR business told me that he knew for a fact — this was three or four presidential campaigns ago — that Donald Trump would never run for president; he was just monkeying around for the publicity. So I assumed that was the story and now it turns out he’s the president.

Ernest

Banned
Trump was mad — steaming, raging mad.

“He was pissed,” said Ruddy, the chief executive of Newsmax, a conservative media company. “I haven’t seen him this angry.”

And realistically, logically, what/who is Trump really mad at? Obama ain't done shit, neither has Hillary. All the press is doing is just reporting his shit. If he didn't have shit to expose, they would go away.

No, this is all his and his administration's doing. No one to blame but themselves. Though they will never see it that way - they'll always act like the victims, unable to admit to and therefore unable to address their own failings, which are legion.

The rest of Trump’s legislative plan, from tax reform to infrastructure spending, is effectively on hold until Congress first tackles the Affordable Care Act

Taking on the important things first. It also said he is planning on releasing a bill to do it later this week--haven't they been doing the same thing for the past 3 weeks? Say you'll have something "later this week" and then ignore the topic until the next week and say the exact same thing? Hell, his HHS Secretary laughed at his confirmation when asked about it, so clearly they aren't even close...

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

edit:

His daughter Ivanka and son-in-law Jared Kushner — celebrated as calming influences on the tempestuous president — joined him. But they were helpless to contain his fury.
They have always been helpless! Stop pretending there's ever evidence of them being "calming" or "moderating" influences.

They have always been helpless! Stop pretending there's ever evidence of them being "calming" or "moderating" influences.

I feel that since Trump is in the daily spotlight, in the most powerful position in the world, no matter of having 'safety people' around him will help. Not when the hate and criticism keep coming in.

On Capitol Hill, Price is seen by some Republicans as more knowledgeable about health-care policy than Mulvaney, given his experience as a physician and his time as chairman of the House Budget Committee. But Mulvaney benefits from the close relationships he has forged with Trump's top advisers and with the House's conservative wing.

So sideline the guy who knows what he's talking about and put your inexperienced friend in charge of it...

”Remember what Dwight Eisenhower told us: There is a military-industrial complex. That complex still exists and has a lot of power," he said. ”It's everywhere, and it doesn't like how Trump is handling Russia. Over and over again, in article after article, it rears its head."

TIL Dana Rohrabacher doesn't know what the Military-Industrial Complex actually is.

So sideline the guy who knows what he's talking about and put your inexperienced friend in charge of it...

TIL Dana Rohrabacher doesn't know what the Military-Industrial Complex actually is.

Defending someone who plans to increase the military budget by over 50 billion dollars

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
How hard could it possibly be to know who is leaking info on trump being pissed at maralago? How many people could have that info?
Not hard when they print the name and business holdings of the person who said he was super pissed off when they were golfing.

When Trump ran into Christopher Ruddy on the golf course and later at dinner Saturday, he vented to his friend. “This will be investigated,” Ruddy recalled Trump telling him. “It will all come out. I will be proven right.”

“He was pissed,” said Ruddy, the chief executive of Newsmax, a conservative media company. “I haven’t seen him this angry.”

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
My god, buy a tie bar, you monster.
I don't even wear ties!
Oh you are talking about the Schlub-in-Chief again.
*slouches*

Can't calm down his father in law regarding made up bullshit. Will solve mid-east peace with entrenched stakeholders.

Taking on the important things first. It also said he is planning on releasing a bill to do it later this week--haven't they been doing the same thing for the past 3 weeks? Say you'll have something "later this week" and then ignore the topic until the next week and say the exact same thing? Hell, his HHS Secretary laughed at his confirmation when asked about it, so clearly they aren't even close...
Remember Trump has already bragged about punting ACA repeal past the 2018 midterms so they can (in theory) drag the Democrats over it. I'm not convinced anyone has any idea what the fuck they're doing here.

Actually I'm convinced of the opposite.

Joeytj

Banned
Remember Trump has already bragged about punting ACA repeal past the 2018 midterms so they can (in theory) drag the Democrats over it. I'm not convinced anyone has any idea what the fuck they're doing here.

Actually I'm convinced of the opposite.

Hu? How would that affect Democrats negatively? LOL.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Like "Obamacare sucks so vote for us to get rid of it"

This seems like it would be a bad strategy given their inability to repeal it during the first two years though.
Also their continued active sabotaging it. But since when have facts mattered?

Also their continued active sabotaging it. But since when have facts mattered?
Well I mean I think the people who want it repealed are fine with that, but if the goal is "get out to vote for us so we can repeal Obamacare" it seems like that's a poor motivator when voters already gave them the power to do that before and they did nothing.

Well I mean I think the people who want it repealed are fine with that, but if the goal is "get out to vote for us so we can repeal Obamacare" it seems like that's a poor motivator when voters already gave them the power to do that before and they did nothing.

Yea 2 years is way too long when you already have a trifecta. What do they want? A veto-proof majority to push through a really shitty alternative I guess. They think Voters are really going to fall for that? Resistance to repealing Obamacare is growing every week, and it's now straight up favored by a majority of Americans. I don't think running on "Repeal Obamacare!" is going to work anymore...

Yea 2 years is way too long when you already have a trifecta. What do they want? A veto-proof majority to push through a really shitty alternative I guess. They think Voters are really going to fall for that? Resistance to repealing Obamacare is growing every week, and it's now straight up favored by a majority of Americans. I don't think running on "Repeal Obamacare!" is going to work anymore...
That and Obamacare repeal doesn't really work outside the base. PPP has approval of ACA at 50-38, with keep/"fix" at 61% to 33% who want it gone entirely. Granted, those voters need to actually show up, but even then if you have moderates/independents riled up over Obamacare, Trump and the GOP are on the hook for it. If they choose not to repeal it, it's de facto their policy.

Guessing Trump becoming the face of the ACA repeal effort has only made the law more popular.

Morning shows today are gonna be lit

BkEKIUq.jpg
Ok, can they make up their goddamn minds on how they feel about Trump? If you think he's crazy, stop washing his balls every time he completes a sentence without shitting himself. Jesus Christ, no wonder no one takes the media seriously.

besada

Banned

This was my favorite part of the Washington Post story:
This account of the administration’s tumultuous recent days is based on interviews with 17 top White House officials, members of Congress and friends of the president, many of whom requested anonymity to speak candidly.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...713af4-01df-11e7-ad5b-d22680e18d10_story.html

North Korea is so stupid they just fired 4 missiles into the Japan Sea and Trump needs any excuse to deflect right now I beat he could go to war with DPRK just to keep people from looking for his Russia ties.

sazzy

Morning Joe is unloading on Trump.

Joe: "We are in crisis"

Mika: "This administration has lost all credibility"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom