• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If we do nothing, if tax reform crashes and burns, if Obamacare nothing happens, we could face a bloodbath. I think we have the potential of seeing a Watergate-style blowout," the Texas Republican said at a Koch brothers donors meeting at the St. Regis Hotel in New York.

Sen. David Perdue, R-Georgia, echoed that same concern: "If we fail right now to deliver a meaningful tax package that stimulates the economy... if we don't get that done, we'll be the minority party for the next 50 years to 100 years just like we've been for the last 100 years…"

Get out mr "new york values"

Something we already know.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/13/trump-congress-breaking-point-243761

Pretty sure he is effectively hurting is own push to get tax cuts. I think the major issue is that I feel Trump is playing his hand way too early. The fact that Trump expects people to do exactly what he wants to do is a major problem in his 'strategy'. Congress is going either come to an agreement that he may not want because he isn't a leader or it won't happen at all. Trump himself is not prepared to take full responsibility and can't deal with criticism, to me that is an indicator that he will sign any bill if he doesn't get what he wants. If anything this puts pressure on the Republicans and not the Democrats fully. I believe if the Democrats play their cards right they will get mostly favorable deals mainly CSR and DACA.

This is what lazy CEOs do. The delegate to other people do get something done they want. They can make a decision, but know what they want and demand others fix things.

It feels like this story should have gotten more traction than it did:

Donald Trump Can Destroy Records Without Judicial Review, Justice Department Tells Court

It's a question that pops up pretty much every time that Donald Trump deletes a tweet: Is he violating the Presidential Records Act?

In a court filing Friday, not only do attorneys at the Justice Department say that courts can't review this, but they also argue that when it comes to laws pertaining to government record-keeping, judicial review would be inappropriate even if Trump deleted secret recordings with administration officials or even if his staff purged phone records because they expected to be subpoenaed in connection with various investigations.

This is what lazy CEOs do. The delegate to other people do get something done they want. They can make a decision, but know what they want and demand others fix things.

Pretty much.

President Trump Says He Expected a Health Care Bill on His Desk As Soon as He Got Into Office

“I thought that when I won I would go to the Oval Office, sit down at my desk, and there would be a health care bill on my desk, to be honest," Trump told reporters in New York City Wednesday, according to Reuters.

Pretty sure he is effectively hurting is own push to get tax cuts. I think the major issue is that I feel Trump is playing his hand way too early. The fact that Trump expects people to do exactly what he wants to do is a major problem in his 'strategy'. Congress is going either come to an agreement that he may not want because he isn't a leader or it won't happen at all. Trump himself is not prepared to take full responsibility and can't deal with criticism, to me that is an indicator that he will sign any bill if he doesn't get what he wants. If anything this puts pressure on the Republicans and not the Democrats fully. I believe if the Democrats play their cards right they will get mostly favorable deals mainly CSR and DACA.

The Shaven Orangutan doesn't strategize well at ALL. Every time he tries to plan it backfires spectacularly (Jr's statement about the tower meeting anyone?); his strength is gut instinct and outrageous behavior.

Plus he don't give a shit as he only cares about his NPD-self, and he'll sign anything for a win.

Not bad. Like to see some momentum from his friends at the Hill and RNC though.

Trump's numbers are dropping quite a bit in Michigan, though. Add in the health care problem and it's going to get worse for republicans there.
That’s the benefit of being Kid Rock and not a republican

He can just go “fuck it I support healthcare for everyone!” Like Trump did and give no specifics

gaugebozo

Lol.

Trump was talking up the latest (late September) iteration of the Republican health care bill, which he said has "a very good chance" of passing in the Senate.
“I think there’s tremendous support for it. I think it’s actually much better than the previous shot,” Trump said of the legislation intended to repeal and replace Obamacare. “We think this has a very good chance. At some point the Senate is going to be forced to make a deal. They’re just about at that point right now.”

Tamanon

Banned
To be fair. They should've had a more solid healthcare plan much earlier, especially since "repeal and replace" had been en vogue for over a year.

TONIGHT on @NBCNightlyNews:

@RichardEngel has an @NBCNews investigation with new evidence of a money trail connecting Manafort to Moscow.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...-russian-oligarch-n810541?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Manafort Had $60M Relationship with Russian Oligarch

LONDON — Paul Manafort, the former campaign manager for President Donald Trump, has much stronger financial ties to a Russian oligarch than have been previously reported.

An NBC News investigation reveals that $26 million changed hands in the form of loan between a company linked to Manafort and the oligarch, Oleg Deripaska, a Russian billionaire with close ties to the Kremlin.

The loan brings the total of their known business dealings to around $60 million over the past decade, according to financial documents filed in Cyprus and the Cayman Islands.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

@RichardEngel has an @NBCNews investigation with new evidence of a money trail connecting Manafort to Moscow.

And THERE is why he has been bashing NBC this week.

Teggy

Ok, so here’s the thing. If Manafort was colluding with Russia (and it certainly looks that way) that is clearly the “trump campaign” colluding with Russia. However, the goalposts will then be moved to “but trump didn’t know”. Does it peel anyone off, voters or congress members? I’m not sure.

kirblar

His reward for voting for the ACA repeal

Also look at that warren cash. Almost like being pro corporate/wallstreeter isn’t a necessity to be able to raise money

Ok, so here’s the thing. If Manafort was colluding with Russia (and it certainly looks that way) that is clearly the “trump campaign” colluding with Russia. However, the goalposts will then be moved to “but trump didn’t know”. Does it peel anyone off, voters or congress members? I’m not sure.
Manafort moved into Trump Tower thirteen years before the campaign.

He knew.

PBY

Banned
It won't. I mean - we fucking have the DTJr emails and no one gave a single fuck.

Paul Manafort was colluding with russia.

In Email to don jr. Music manager randomly drops “this is part of russia govt help” (Paul M was another part of the help btw).

The circunstancial evidence *is* there.

Teggy

Manafort moved into Trump Tower thirteen years before the campaign.

He knew.

“Prove it”. (That will be the response to that)

I think what it will take is linking Kushner to some Russian data operation. That will cause chaos in the family and that will be it.

And btw, the anger toward NBC was for the “moron” story - that made him more angry than anything about Manafort would.

Mueller doesn't give a fuck about goalposts. It's not realistic or believable The Trump didn't know and the track record of stupid doesn't support him being shielded.

I feel like most of the Trump/Republican party defections that would be because of Russian involvement have happen already. Short of finding specific evidence that Russia compromised Trump specifically (through intel or money), they've shed everyone that's going to leave because of that. Any shedding of voters now is primarily going to be about the complete failure to institute their domestic agenda (no Obamacare repeal, no wall, no tax reform).

Allard

Mueller doesn't give a fuck about goalposts. It's not realistic or believable The Trump didn't know and the track record of stupid doesn't support him being shielded.

Yep ignorance is not bliss in the court of law, especially someone with his international presence, their is anti corruption laws that leaders at company's can get arrested for by dealing with known corrupt groups or people, not doing your own due diligence to investigate it will not shield you in court. The main issue is under normal circumstance the evidence would just be working with someone like this knowing his past, but we aren't in just the court of law, we are in the court of public perception and Mueller will need an air tight case against trump in order to even have a chance at forcing the republicans hand in the house should they still be in control when his investigation is done.

If probably doesn't move voters but it does get the Dem base more engaged, so. Idk.

I don't know if he'll ever be impeached, but the Russia probe doesn't seem to move his numbers as much as, say, healthcare.

Ithil

ltfDOwE.jpg

Zolo

He would never quit. His ego won't let him.

I wouldn't say 'never'. Even Bannon expects Trump to not finish his full term. His ego, his reputation, and the protections the presidency gives him are the main reasons he's still there though. While Trump might not be having the usual stresses a president may have, he's still been shown to have gained a lot of weight in the last year as well as having the stress of being the most unpopular president for this point in the presidency and the investigation.

Ogodei

This is a good point. Since his strategy is to constantly punt to congress, he just puts more and more on their plate when they've proven unable to focus on even one thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom