• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, uh... we know it was sponsored by forces loyal to Jeb!. There is no way Trump wasn't told that if he asked for a professional intelligence briefing on it.

Can someone explain the fuss about the uranium thing to me? Who gives a crap if we sell heaps of industrial-grade uranium (from Canada!) to a country that already has an effectively infinite stockpile of nuclear weapons and has their own supply, but just wanted a new source?

Wilsongt

Yeah, uh... we know it was sponsored by forces loyal to Jeb!. There is no way Trump wasn't told that if he asked for a professional intelligence briefing on it.

Can someone explain the fuss about the uranium thing to me? Who gives a crap if we sell heaps of industrial-grade uranium (from Canada!) to a country that already has an effectively infinite stockpile of nuclear weapons and has their own supply, but just wanted a new source?

Clinton did it.

sangreal

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Workers of firm involved with the discredited and Fake Dossier take the 5th. Who paid for it, Russia, the FBI or the Dems (or all)?
7:56 AM · Oct 19, 2017

Tut tut, Trumpy boy. Don't start saying things on Twittet that would make Daddy Putin angry.

Accusing him of making a fake document after all he did for you? Bad Trumpy Boy....

I love law enforcement! I support them regardless of whatever shitty things they do!

but not the FBI, they don't count

"The Democratic candidate once appeared in a room with Clinton, therefore they can't be president!" is something I imagine working as an attack in 2020, because both sides will be unable to let go and move on.

Can someone actually explain this Uranium thing? BC it looks bad based on this one singe Hill article I read.

I can’t help you untangling it and I legitimately can’t say whether it’s actually bad or not yet. It might be!

But the Hill article was written by John Solomon, a longtime, well-known and demonstrably conservative water-carrying hack. I’m really not trying to shoot them messenger here, I remember him writing very bullshit articles for the AP at least a decade ago before moving to the Washington Times of all places. It’s a huge caveat about the whole thing.

Teggy

After reading the article, I'm actually OK with it. Let's be honest--there has needed to be a shakeup here for quite some time.

Perez doesn't seem to be doing a great job? But they still probably needed a shakeup? So idk.

There was just an article yesterday about them doing a terrible job reaching out to POC, so this kind of seems like a good thing.

Perez doesn't seem to be doing a great job? But they still probably needed a shakeup? So idk.

Yeah it seems that way, he hasn’t had much of a chance to prove himself I guess.

Maybe one of the ten million CEOs who are going to run in 2020 should take the job of DNC chair. A job where they might actually have transferable skills.

Edit: yeah that wouldn’t play well nvm

If the DNC is in crisis, it's not really showing itself in election results or fundraising numbers.

Sometimes I think the media is trying to paint the Democrats as being disorganized and on the brink of collapse, so when they win big in 2018, it'll be a bigger comeback story, since they did it "against all odds" or whatever the clickbait headline will be.

If the DNC is in crisis, it's not really showing itself in election results or fundraising numbers.

Sometimes I think the media is trying to paint the Democrats as being disorganized and on the brink of collapse, so when they win big in 2018, it'll be a bigger comeback story, since they did it "against all odds" or whatever the clickbait headline will be.

Both Sides Bingo

I don't know if they're in crisis, but I think any success they're having is probably because Trump is in office and the left is in a constant state of existential terror.

Ac30

If you ever wanted to see Russian bots in action in real time, this Uranium "story" is something to watch.

Why isn't anyone botting against them? Just drown twitter in bots until they fucking do something about it. It's infuriating they've done NOT A FUCKING THING. Even Facebook has started taking down fake pages.

And watch as GAF falls for it even when warned that Russia is pushing it.
The first clue maybe this story isn't quite right is the lack of major news places covering it, besides the Hill. NYT and CNN don't seem to want to touch it.

But it's a classic play from the Russians and the GOP.

Get a not credible, but relatively unknown author to get a reliable place to publish an article with some actual facts in it, but also include some fan fiction in with the facts to muddy it all up and make a new narrative. Then push the story out as being a "big deal" on Twitter, Facebook and Reddit, using bot accounts (and idiots who follow those bots). Get Fox News to cover it. Get Trump to Tweet about it.

If it wasn't so destructive, it's actually kind of impressive. It's machine like efficiency at manufacturing a controversy.

Why isn't anyone botting against them? Just drown twitter in bots until they fucking do something about it. It's infuriating they've done NOT A FUCKING THING. Even Facebook has started taking down fake pages.

I know nothing about how this works, but I'm kinda surprised that no one's done this. You could just blow up Twitter by aggressive bot traffic, which would in turn hurt their value (no one wants marketing data on robots) as a company until they actually do something about the bots.

It's who was ousted.

So the people who were ousted were actually good at their jobs all those years? Do you have that information?

Armaros

Because using bots take down Russian bots is harder then just spreading false information that susceptible people want to believe. IE that Obama and Hillary are bad

Also we can't do the same to Putin because he has much more control over the media over there.

studyguy

This shit better be fucking coming out of the pockets of the University.

Rick Scott already called a statewide emergency to help shore up funding for the event. Taxpayers of FL on the hook now too since it activated the National Guard/additional resources on top of whatever was being provided before.

teiresias

There was just an article yesterday about them doing a terrible job reaching out to POC, so this kind of seems like a good thing.

If your organization can't reach out and engage POC in this climate, then you need to clean house and get some people in there that understand these movements at the ground level for working together.

We kind of have lost control of every elected branch of government, are a heartbeat away from losing the supreme court, and our opposition party are nearing control of enough state legislatures and governorships to amend the constitution on their own. How could the election results be any -worse- without the party just completely disbanding?

We kind of have lost control of every elected branch of government, are a heartbeat away from losing the supreme court, and our opposition party are nearing control of enough state legislatures and governorships to amend the constitution on their own. How could the election results be any -worse- without the party just completely disbanding?

Since November we've won a ton of special elections.

This is also fear mongering garbage from liberal blogs
and our opposition party are nearing control of enough state legislatures and governorships to amend the constitution on their own.

Slayven

Rick Scott already called a statewide emergency to help shore up funding for the event. Taxpayers of FL on the hook now too since it activated the National Guard/additional resources on top of whatever was being provided before.

White Supremeacy has a blank check in America.

Obama and Hillary were also probably not hawking pro-Russian talking points.

It is amazing how many "True" progressives slip right into being shit bags.

Ac30

Because using bots take down Russian bots is harder then just spreading false information that susceptible people want to believe. IE that Obama and Hillary are bad

Also we can't do the same to Putin because he has much more control over the media over there.

I'm not suggesting we try and influence Russian politics (it's impossible since the elections themselves are a sham anyway). If we flood twitter with enough bots of our own I'd hope it would force Twitter's hand, because as the other poster said advertisers don't want to sell ads to bots. Plus, we can get gullibles, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom