• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Official May 6th Primary Thread (All I need is a Hirracle, all I need is you)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

Tamanon said:
'96 wasn't and the map was pretty similar.

Plus, if Obama wins the states Triumph was talking about it will look pretty close to 1992 and 1996.

Oh god, I don't think I can handle 7 months of Diablos and Cheebs hand wringing. For comfort, take a look at what happened in a R+10 district last night in Louisiana.
Come on, man! Cheebs and I are simply going over the possibilities. And I see nothing wrong with preparing for the worst. It just depends on how you look at it. Nobody knows how this thing is going to end for sure. "Hand wringing" my ass. You label me when it's convenient for you, but we usually see eye to eye on things, politically speaking anyway.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Tamanon said:
Obama hasn't spoken yet.

BTW, anybody catch Evan Bayh saying after this Tuesday the party will come together under one nominee? Think he might've been tipping something?

Grandjedi: They know who Colbert is, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Reagan Republican.

Possible. I just find their evidence ridiculous. Being religious and voting Republican at least once = conservative? That's some extreme demographic dividing there

CoolTrick

Banned
BTW, anybody catch Evan Bayh saying after this Tuesday the party will come together under one nominee? Think he might've been tipping something?

I'm not sure what you're implying, since the Clinton campaign just announced they will be in Indianapolis the night of the results. The hint: They've won.

Obama has yet to announce anything yet.

A poll of Northwest Indiana Democrats (Lake and Porter Counties) has Hillary ahead by 13 points- 46% to 33%.

Northwest Indiana is the state's second-largest pool of Democratic voters, behind Marion County. Lake County has the state’s highest concentration of Democrats, statistics show.

"If you want to be able to win in Indiana, you have to turn out the vote in Northwest Indiana," Eisenstein said. "This is the Democratic stronghold of the state."

http://www.nwi.com/articles/2008/05/04/news/top_news/doc0735ff226a18cb1a8625743e007fb115.txt

Tamanon

Banned
CoolTrick said:
I'm not sure what you're implying, since the Clinton campaign just announced they will be in Indianapolis the night of the results. The hint: They've won.

I'll lay it out for you pretty simple.

EVAN BAYH IS IMPLYING THAT THE NOMINATION PROCESS WILL BE OVER AFTER INDIANA.

The only way that happens is if Hillary concedes.

Triumph said:
Wilson and his wife are both Shrillary supporters.
Oh I've known that for ages. It's still jarring to see someone like him write something like this though. I wonder what kind of position she promised him.

CoolTrick

Banned
EVAN BAYH IS IMPLYING THAT THE NOMINATION PROCESS WILL BE OVER AFTER INDIANA.

The only way that happens is if Hillary concedes.

I don't get your point. Hillary is conceding after Indiana? Is that what you're saying? :lol

with an audience of dozens

Indianapolis will be better for Hillary, at least it should be, than Philadelphia was. And she held jam packed rallies THERE before the vote and when she won.

Triumph

Banned
CoolTrick said:
I don't get your point. Hillary is conceding after Indiana? Is that what you're saying? :lol[
Sure, why would she want to go on and get her ass whooped in Oregon?

Indianapolis will be better for Hillary, at least it should be, than Philadelphia was. And she held jam packed rallies THERE before the vote and when she won.
So you think she'll win by a bigger margin than she did in PA?

grandjedi6

CoolTrick said:

A poll of Northwest Indiana Democrats (Lake and Porter Counties) has Hillary ahead by 13 points- 46% to 33%.

Northwest Indiana is the state's second-largest pool of Democratic voters, behind Marion County. Lake County has the state’s highest concentration of Democrats, statistics show.

"If you want to be able to win in Indiana, you have to turn out the vote in Northwest Indiana," Eisenstein said. "This is the Democratic stronghold of the state."

http://www.nwi.com/articles/2008/05/04/news/top_news/doc0735ff226a18cb1a8625743e007fb115.txt

I'm not sure how much trust I would put into a poll commissioned by a local newpaper. Especially when that pollster is new to political polling and their website is a myspace page

Triumph

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
I'm not sure how much trust I would put into a poll commissioned by a local newpaper. Especially when that pollster is new to political polling and their website is a myspace page
Are you serious??? :lol :lol :lol

Oh CoolTrick, never change. I sure am gonna miss you in the general election.

Rur0ni

CoolTrick said:
Bodes well for her... I guess, considering there isn't another state to run to.

So it's a new PoliGAF thread! Yay!

I have to say that as a foreigner, watching this race from afar and barracking for one side over the other thrills me to no end. It's like watching the FIFA World Cup. Difference is that I don't get live TV coverage over the event, so instead, I refresh the PoliGAF thread like a man possessed.

I feel like my granddad would have felt listening in on the World Cup final through the radio.

GOOOOOOBAMA!!!!!!

PHOTOS: Barack Obama arrives at Indianapolis International--looking cool. "Fired Up! Ready to Go!"

capt.19c44871169e434fb0a6bb7d5d30a1aa.obama_2008_injh101.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., arrives at Indianapolis International Airport in Indianapolis, Sunday, May 4, 2008.
(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

capt.d7a332ce36dd408bbc11b4e6cf015dbf.obama_2008_injh102.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., left, arrives at Indianapolis International Airport in Indianapolis, Sunday, May 4, 2008.
(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

KRS7

viciouskillersquirrel said:
So it's a new PoliGAF thread! Yay!

I have to say that as a foreigner, watching this race from afar and barracking for one side over the other thrills me to no end. It's like watching the FIFA World Cup. Difference is that I don't get live TV coverage over the event, so instead, I refresh the PoliGAF thread like a man possessed.

I feel like my granddad would have felt listening in on the World Cup final through the radio.

GOOOOOOBAMA!!!!!!

I think I would much rather watch this ordeal from another country as well.

CoolTrick

Banned
Rur0ni said:
Bodes well for her... I guess, considering there isn't another state to run to.

Well, that's the strange thing: Obama hasn't announced he'd be in North Carolina yet.

Sure, why would she want to go on and get her ass whooped in Oregon?

This is why you're just an all around weak debater. Gee, why should she go on to May 20th? *eyes*

Hell, why go on to the next weekend?

Nothing favorable there! *eyes*

Amir0x

Banned
CoolTrick said:
Well, that's the strange thing: Obama hasn't announced he'd be in North Carolina yet.

OH MY GOD OBAMA TOTALLY SET TO LOSE NORTH CAROLINA

you really are off your rocker now, CoolTrick. No longer respectable.

grandjedi6

CoolTrick said:

This is why you're just an all around weak debater. Gee, why should she go on to May 20th? *eyes*

I don't think Hillary is going to drop out anytime soon. However, Tuesday will be the last good chance for Hillary to drop out before June 3rd. She honestly can't drop out after a victory, only a defeat.

oh and do you honestly think Hillary is going to beat Obama in Chicagoland? Really?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Deus Ex Machina said:
PHOTOS: Barack Obama arrives at Indianapolis International--looking cool. "Fired Up! Ready to Go!"

capt.19c44871169e434fb0a6bb7d5d30a1aa.obama_2008_injh101.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., arrives at Indianapolis International Airport in Indianapolis, Sunday, May 4, 2008.
(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

capt.d7a332ce36dd408bbc11b4e6cf015dbf.obama_2008_injh102.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., left, arrives at Indianapolis International Airport in Indianapolis, Sunday, May 4, 2008.
(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

It has to be known...

What is the Secret Service code name for Obama, Hillary and McCain? Anyone know?

EDIT: Hillary's is Evergreen apparently.

jey_16

Banned
god i wish Obama could finish her off on Tuesday even though i know it wont happen.....oh how sweet will that day be when she finally concedes......make it soon please America, make it soon......

Triumph

Banned
CoolTrick said:
Obama has made a habit in this primary campaign of going to one of the next states on the calendar the night of a primary. So he'll probably be in either West Virginia, Kentucky or Oregon. You should probably know that by now.

:lol :lol :lol You're the one buying into the whole "Indiana is the important one because it's the one she can win" BS. Oh wait, nevermind, I forgot how truly delusional you are: you actually think (if that's the word, which in your case I highly doubt) that she'll win NC and OR. Riiiight.

Triumph

Banned
DrForester said:
It has to be known...

What is the Secret Service code name for Obama, Hillary and McCain? Anyone know?

EDIT: Hillary's is Evergreen apparently.
Obama's is Renegade. Pretty bad ass.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
To answer my own questions:

Secret Service Code Names:

Hillary: Evergreen

Barak Obama: Renegade
Michelle Obama: Renaissance

McCain: Only recently accepted Secret Service protection and it hasn't been made public yet.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Diablos said:
That's awesome, haha

Also, McCain doesn't want protection? Is he nuts?

I was reading an old new repot but he apparently only accepted it a month ago. Name still isn't known though.

KRS7

Diablos said:
That's awesome, haha

Also, McCain doesn't want protection? Is he nuts?

No, he doesn't need to, the crazy nutjobs that will kill a president or presidential candidate are the core of his base.

Diablos

Tamanon said:
McCain's is probably Methuselah.

Plus, McCain's an old white Republican, they don't get shot at anymore.
Pff, it's still not worth the risk, as minimal as it may be for an old wrinkly white guy these days.

The fact that he so strongly supports the war is reason enough for someone to make an attempt on his life.

Xeke

Banned
CoolTrick said:

Are you a Hillbot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom