• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Official May 6th Primary Thread (All I need is a Hirracle, all I need is you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Men in Black 3 starring Obama"

capt.19c44871169e434fb0a6bb7d5d30a1aa.obama_2008_injh101.jpg

capt.d7a332ce36dd408bbc11b4e6cf015dbf.obama_2008_injh102.jpg

"Vote For Daddy!"

0,,6021605,00.jpg

IGNORING the crowds who flocked to a giant picnic with Barack Obama in Fort Wayne, Indiana, the White House hopeful's six-year-old daughter took the stand to urge them to "vote for daddy".

Senator Obama has been campaigning hard across Indiana this weekend, ahead of a crunch Democratic primary in the state tomorrow, and has been flanked by his wife Michelle and their two daughters, Malia, 9, and Sasha, 6.

It is the first time the girls have accompanied their father as he campaigns for his party's presidential nod since the contest in Iowa back in January.

The Illinois senator is battling with former first lady Hillary Clinton to take on presumptive Republican nominee John McCain in November's election.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23646520-1702,00.html

Tamanon

Banned
He's switching back and forth between measured and measured anger it seems.

BTW, CNN seems to be eliminating most of the applause/background noise, it's kinda odd:p

"Check our polls before we check our principles" Nice.

Tamanon

Banned
Health Care system instead of Disease Care system, nice.

This is a pretty good speech also, different from the NC one.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Triumph said:
Are you serious??? :lol :lol :lol

Oh CoolTrick, never change. I sure am gonna miss you in the general election.

he'll still be around. no way would he let a muslim empathizer try to take over the white house!!!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I just wanted to state the fact that I made up the word PoliGAF and it is now used across the world!

You can all PM me handjobs later.

i've been outta town for a couple days, what have i missed? i see the streams have uncrossed again?

besides that, umm....predictions:
IN: Clinton +5.3%
NC: Obama +9.1%

delegates:
IN Clinton +2
NC: Obama +9

pop vote:
for the day: obama +165K

tanod

when is my burrito
RubxQub said:
I just wanted to state the fact that I made up the word PoliGAF and it is now used across the world!

How does that work??

Code:
/ \
| |
|=|  /\
|=|  \/
| |

?

EDIT: My predictions:

O-C
NC: 58-42
IN: 46-54

Rur0ni

RubxQub said:

I do think you coined the term. I think. Then I just started using it for the thread titles. Props if it was you. You could always find the original post that made you famous. ;)

tanod

when is my burrito
icarus-daedelus said:
Better than "my friends," "mills," or "HillaryClinton.com"

Drinking game ahoy!

EDIT: If I didn't have a final Wednesday, you can bet I'd be drinking to:

HILLARY MOTHERFUCKIN' CLINTON DOT MOTHERFUCKIN' COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

So....Clinton just wants to take down the whole party huh? And what's with this: "Move aside, women first" comments? Is that what some die hards in her camp are using as justification to vote for her? I hate how she keeps playing this "Women" card. I don't see Obama talking about race unless it's brought up as a reason to discredit him.

Issues anyone?

icarus-daedelus said:
Black men got the right to vote before women did, so we should have a woman president before a black man just to make up for that. ;)
We need a black woman to run for president.
4qlnya.jpg

grandjedi6 said:
They're too busy being torn apart by demographics
I understand the whole "Democrats destroy themselves" comments that I've been hearing for the last several months now. I never followed politics before since I was barely even old enough to care, this is beyond sad. They're hurting their own elect ability.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon

AniHawk

So yeah, saw Chris Wallace today. He spoke for about 50 minutes and then there were questions.

First part: Talked about current jokes in Washington. It was like him doing a standup routine. It was mostly harmless

Second part: Talked in good length about the election cycle. Made arguments for Hillary and Obama and McCain. Said that basically he believes that Obama is still the frontrunner and that it will probably split on Tuesday between the states (so it drags on). The one thing he appreciated most from Obama was his sincerity. Chris said he thought he was asking some pretty hard questions, and Obama didn't go to the script. On the Wright thing, he said he believes Obama was genuinely hurt to cut ties with him, that it wasn't purely political, but he also believed that the reason he didn't cut ties earlier was so that he wouldn't lose support among the AA community. Finally, he talked about McCain's chances, and said that McCain will probably be campaigning on the Democrats raising taxes (as Bush put it, that accountants would find loopholes anyway, so it wouldn't do good overall) and security (that for seven years, America has not been attacked [also Bush. See also: The Simpsons and the rock that keeps tigers away]).

Third part: Talked about the media and FoxNews in general. He said he believed that FoxNews is the most freest network out there for news, that there aren't a bunch of producers saying "you can't ask that question." He talked about the question he asked Bill Clinton years ago, the one about why he didn't do more to stop al-Qaeda when he was president, and said that sometimes those questions are asked to take people off their scripted responses and to create a more natural conversation. He said that the guests he dislikes most are the ones that respond to a question like "What time is it" with "Bush is fighting in an unjust war."

After that there were some questions. Mostly about the Democrats. The ones that stood out:

1. Would either one be each other's VP? Responded by saying at this point Obama would help put out some fires if it got to the point where Clinton got the nomination. Said there was less incentive for Obama to offer the VP slot to Clinton. Said that the best VP would be a white man. The dumb bitch asking the question responded with "a typical white man!" Sigh.

2. Why hasn't Al Gore endorsed anyone yet? Said that endorsements do little to sway voters. Pretty much overlooked the whole thing about the superdelegates following his lead. Said that Gore and Hillary have bad blood because they were fighting for the VP slot. The audience laughed and Chris said that wasn't a joke. Believes that a Gore endorsement for Hillary would be incredibly surprising, but endorsing Obama could look like he's just being spiteful.

Interesting speech. I didn't agree with a lot of what he had to say, but it was interesting to see the different points of views. When he mentioned Wright, there was a hushed murmur over the crowd. Bah.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom