• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 New DLC = Puzzel/Level editor/creator.

Steaks

Every map I make is unbuildable!

Hooray!

Even making an untouched, default map with no changes!

If it helps, I messed around with the actual game editor before, which I assume is the problem.

Aon

It's not a bad tool.

Took me 22 minutes to get up to scratch with the UI and remake the first chamber I ever made in hammer.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=68497865

Probably not worth playing, doesn't have much a 'puzzle' and the most frustrating failure state you can imagine. I didn't check to see if you could tweak the jumper speed, which is how I alleviated the problem in Hammer.

Also hit 2 Error 10s and 1 Error 16 while publishing. Keep at it!

Deadman

I really like the maps from the "aperture science employee of the moment award" compilation. Completed 6 of them so far and they are pretty hard. Plus when i play them i get the feeling that i didnt solve them the "correct way", but "my way", like portal 1 felt and portal 2 somewhat lacked.

Feep

Banned
Does anyone know how to make a continuous line of angled platforms activate with a single button? I can use glass panels or angled panels, but I can only control one at a time... = (

A few things I'd like to see improved

1: Let us pick our own level music
2: Let us pick our own level "theme" (run-down, normal, retro, wheatly)
3. Let us add decorations (cameras, dropped ceiling tiles, cracked walls with outsides peaking out, broken turrets)
4: Add bomb spawners, shatterable glass and conveyer belts

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I also hope they allow people to make custom Objects and easily distribute and allow importing of them.

sn00zer

Every map I make is unbuildable!

Hooray!

Even making an untouched, default map with no changes!

If it helps, I messed around with the actual game editor before, which I assume is the problem.

Unistall the old editor...just read what the help says
EDIT: Then revalidate your Portal 2

Just tried out the Valve Employee of the Moment collection. God, it's great to have some real Portal challenges again. I'm really rusty though. Got stuck on Transfer. I'll have to try again tonight.

Medalion

Banned
Things aren't so good
After the update to Portal 2 which I assume is the DLC, my game won't even start up... it gets to the loading Portal 2 image and then it just closes

:/

Xyber

The editor is glitching out on me now. Something in the chamber kills me when I either just walk in a spot or flying in the air. I always die in the same place but I can't find the reason to why. I've spent almost 2 hours on this chamber, don't want to start over now.. :/

Transfer was easy for me. Unless I did it wrong. Either way it was poorly put together where you have to bounce to push the button in the same spot where there is a laser. Everything besides that spot was well designed.

I did get stuck on simplified. Had everything figured out up to where
you use the funnel to get back up to the original area. I dont know why it didnt occur to me to just keep moving around the same portal for the second side of the funnel

Medalion

Banned
Ironically got it working on another computer, my macbook
The tool is fun and has lots of potential, can't wait to try out other people's creations!

NBtoaster

Just made this 'The Bounce' :
Qnxlu.png

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=68545465

Top Bottom