• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-E3: SuperDAE’s “Insurance” is Live, Promises Tons of Leaked Content

Burt

Not that I have the room or time to spare, but wouldn't downloading this be illegal? Something like stealing/transferring confidential documents/corporate information/stolen property or something like that? I would imagine that the Feds are looking to rope in as many people as they can in this investigation, and touching this torrent seems like a pretty easy way to get caught up on it.

jcm

Not that I have the room or time to spare, but wouldn't downloading this be illegal? Something like stealing/transferring confidential documents/corporate information/stolen property or something like that? I would imagine that the Feds are looking to rope in as many people as they can in this investigation, and touching this torrent seems like a pretty easy way to get caught up on it.

I think it depends on what's in it. I sure as shit wouldn't download and decrypt an unknown torrent from a dude who was recently charged with possession of child exploitation material, never mind the corporate secrets and stuff.

Joni

People on the form did not sign any kind of agreement. Why would there be legal ramifications if a person said they are dl'ing a file that they do not know whats inside legal or not.
Considering what SuperDAE has stated about the package, you'd be knowingly handling stolen goods.

kick51

Banned
There's always another guy working on it, I'll wait for him to finish, and I'll know when the front page of GAF is taken over by juicy info from the document

I think it depends on what's in it. I sure as shit wouldn't download and decrypt an unknown torrent from a dude who was recently charged with possession of child exploitation material, never mind the corporate secrets and stuff.

Dude seriously? That was the most obvious planted thing ever.

Every "hacker" arrested always conveniently has cp on their computer even though being hackers they'd know how stupid that is.

jcm

Dude seriously? That was the most obvious planted thing ever.

Every "hacker" arrested always conveniently has cp on their computer even though being hackers they'd know how stupid that is.

Yes, I seriously think downloading and decrypting an unknown torrent from a self-confessed cracker who just got charged with possession of child exploitation material is stupid, no matter what the circumstances surrounding the charges are.

PFD

Nobody has downloaded the file yet? Internet, I'm disappoint. I mean, it's just a 1.7TB file, sheesh.

kick51

Banned
Yes, I seriously think downloading and decrypting an unknown torrent from a self-confessed cracker who just got charged with possession of child exploitation material is stupid, no matter what the circumstances surrounding the charges are.

it's okay, take a deep breath, you're not the target audience.

Alx

It feels like Curiosity again. Who will reach the center of the cube ? Will he share the content with the whole internet, or keep it to himself ? ^^

JudgeB

Banned
Sorry for going OT, but why was thuway banned? Was he wrong about a rumor?

He went in the Final Fantasy thread after it's reveal on Sony conf. and said in bold letters, quite certain, that Final Fantasy 15 was exclusive. Maybe that's why, I'm not sure though

Sorry for the bump. Anything ever come of this?

And sorry for all the following posters hoping that information had been discovered and I was posting it.

EVIL

image.php

I would not recommend anyone downloading that, the show is almost here, plus who knows what he put in there

This, not going to risk it, whatever is in there, if its legit info it will be posted on the internet anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bumping once again. There surely has to be somebody who has downloaded it by now, no?

Those who have downloaded it aren't going to get far without the passphrase. I'd be surprised if this "insurance" is anything more than an empty stunt.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The decryption password has been released too.

Ah, right. In that case, I think it's reasonable to assume that if there were any remotely interesting pieces of information in what he "leaked", then we'd have heard something by now.

Alx

That's a hilarious situation... a huge amount of confidential data available (or so they say), and nobody dares opening the box. :)

Donos

Well if the key is available and there is real acces to the files then nothing of interest is in there otherwise sites would already run with the content/"leaks".

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Previous 2 pages of this topic

Maybe somebody just made the passphrase up to troll people into downloading a 1.7TB file. Can't imagine that nobody would at least say that it just contains junk.

Top Bottom