• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sells 134,000 units in Spain; The One fastest selling console called The One

Status
Not open for further replies.
So which is more irrelevant outside of the americanised markets (US/UK/AU)? Xbone or Wii U?

I'd say Xbone because at least Wii U is doing okay-ish in Japan.

I expect the Ps4/One ration to be around 5/1 all over europe, except the UK.
No matter what retailer you go to over here, it always looks like the XboxOne isn't really well recieved. Jsut the fact that every shop has plenty of Xboxes while you can't find Ps4s anywhere is pretty telling and I don't think thats because Sony produces less than MS.

I guess Sony will dominate in Japan and mainland europe.
US and UK will be closer but also in favor of Ps4.

I still think Sony should really try to capitalise on their continued European success by basing some of their games here. Something like, I don't know, a spy TPS where you're an Interpol agent hunting down a war criminal in Ukraine, or a European rally game taking place in Italy, Spain, Wales, Austria, etc. Just seems like we almost always get the short straw because all entertainment is so America-centric.

Caronte

I still think Sony should really try to capitalise on their continued European success by basing some of their games here. Something like, I don't know, a spy TPS where you're an Interpol agent hunting down a war criminal in Ukraine, or a European rally game taking place in Italy, Spain, Wales, Austria, etc. Just seems like we almost always get the short straw because all entertainment is so America-centric.

At least we have The Order.

Skeff

So which is more irrelevant outside of the americanised markets (US/UK/AU)? Xbone or Wii U?

I'd say Xbone because at least Wii U is doing okay-ish in Japan.

Last month I would have said WiiU but after this I'd have to say thanks to Japan then xb1 for now, but I think ms can change this better than Nintendo could.

sinseers

Hope this puts MS in a corner to either shape up for the Next next or willfully decline to participate in the Next next.

Clopezi

Is Amazon big in Spain?

It is the second largest online market.

The 16th of december, Amazon Spain sold 130.000 items, 91 per minute. It's so much in Spain, where the online shopping is still small compared with the traditional market.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood

The Uncharted games had several levels that took place in Europe. (London, France and Istanbul). The US isn't featured at all.

God of War is based on Greek mythology. Last time I checked that country was in Europe. Also check out the Sly games. Doesn't get more international then that.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I always thought Assassin's Creed was set up to explore interesting parts of Europe and its history, but now even that takes place in America.

Clopezi

At the moment there are not too many games, but in GT5 and GT6's, are stages from Spain.

Furthermore, Sony does support local development (eg Invizimals is developed in Barcelona). And Tequila Games from Madrid, the creators of Deadlight, are doing Rime for PS4.

You know about wrc4 right?
Montecarlo, Sweden, Portugal, Greece, Italy, Finland, Germany, France, Spain, Great Britain.
México, Argentina, Australia.

Yeah, I loved the WRC games. But when was the last one; eight years ago?

The Uncharted games had several levels that took place in Europe. (London, France and Istanbul). The US isn't featured at all.

God of War is based on Greek mythology. Last time I checked that country was in Europe. Also check out the Sly games. Doesn't get more international then that.

I'm talking about more games that look and feel European. Maybe even by a European dev. Uncharted is about Americans, and even God of War stars an American man. I love both these series, but they are not European-centric productions.

EDIT - to be fair, God of War is great, and steeped in Greek Mythology. That's the kind of thing I'd like to see more of, even though Kratos is voiced by TC Carlson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom