• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sells 134,000 units in Spain; The One fastest selling console called The One

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is half shill-ing. Not sure you should be posting that video here. It has nothing to do with the topic and you made me click it cuz I thought it might! :/

Eh, yeah... Gone. Had an image of Kaz going for Ballmer's jugular from the ending but not the right place for it.

Skeff

If Microsoft can win NA I think they'll consider that a victory. It's pretty clear that they want the "apple crowd," the people who buy a ton of services, games, etc. Microsoft is probably losing money on the console anyways. Half of what the Xbox One offers can't even be used in other parts of the world. If they can get a 30-50 million xbox live base who also use the One for music, tv, etc. I think Microsoft will be satisfied.

I think I read the Xbox Live user base is round 48 million on 360 and about half of those are gold members so their looking at around 25 million gold subs, They're not going to increase XBLG subs this generation I'm afraid, not just because of the lack of userbase they will likely encounter but also because PS+ is now required for Online play, so those with both consoles may well choose PS+ over XBLG due to the better multiplats and free games and will likely want to avoid paying for both subscriptions.

The argument in this thread appears to be along the lines: PS4's 2 million units sold is bigger than XBone's 2 million units sold.

Ironically, not entirely untrue.

Many of the PS4s that are sold in Asia over the past 2-3 weeks are obscenely priced, which means that Sony is making a healthier profit per console sold at those Tier-3 markets compared to the consoles they're going to sell in US.

But who gives a shit about profits and tier-3 markets, amirite?

/joke

"Ready salted"? So in the UK, they also sell potato chips (crisps) you need to salt yourself? =/

WalkersSaltnShakeCrisps%20(2)%20-%20Copy.JPG

Ishan

Wait, how do these work? Do you pour the desired amount from the packet in and then shake the bag? Doesn't that lead to a lot of broken chips?

use a bowl ? def sounds like a niche product ... but ppl seem to know about it ... Also evidently now we know why it doesnt sell

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
It took Sony two days to tally up their day-one sales in the US and Canada. MS tallied their day-one sales in those two countries, plus eleven others … before the day had even ended.

We should consider the possibility that MS are just "estimating" their claimed sell-through. :p

Xbox One was the fastest counted console world wide for November.

If Microsoft can win NA I think they'll consider that a victory. It's pretty clear that they want the "apple crowd," the people who buy a ton of services, games, etc. Microsoft is probably losing money on the console anyways. Half of what the Xbox One offers can't even be used in other parts of the world. If they can get a 30-50 million xbox live base who also use the One for music, tv, etc. I think Microsoft will be satisfied.

That's just flat out wrong.

Lol this thread man I tell ya.

avaya

But honestly would they do such a thing? At first I kept thinking their was no way they'd lie about that (or at least, mislead), but the more I think about it, it just doesn't add up. Maybe they did just release their estimates.

They can readily lie about these numbers, the only numbers they can reliably get called out on are shipped numbers which they will post with their quarterly/annual results. Everything else is just PR nonsense.

The One and Done™;94759801 said:

I don't know... many TV-related features don't work in many countries.

And the console isn't even being sold in much of the world.

And many of its advertised features are "coming soon."

Hoo-doo

Banned

You kidding me?

In a lot of European countries many things are missing:

Native voice control? Nope.
TV guide? Nope.
Multimedia apps? Nope.

It's the same shit as the previous generation. Microsoft doesn't give one iota of a fuck about Europe.

You kidding me?

In a lot of European countries many things are missing:

Native voice control? Nope.
TV guide? Nope.
Multimedia apps? Nope.

It's the same shit as the previous generation. Microsoft doesn't give one iota of a fuck about Europe.

I genuinely believe this to be true. Microsoft want to dominate the living room. They can't in Europe because it is a fractured marketplace. America is the only place they truly want to win because it is a market with 300 million people that they can easily get to.

Yes, and they are the shit. Smiths they used to be, but then Lineker got his grubby mits on them.

When I go to Burger King and ask for a cheeseburger I don't expect to have to put the cheese in the burger myself. Self salting potato chips sounds weak sauce but I'll try them. I wonder if I can order them from Amazon.

Half of what the PS4 is offering can't be used in my part of the world. And Xbox has more of 'those stuff that my PS4 cannot use.'

:)

You're the one who's flat out wrong about stuff.

viveks86

Half of what the PS4 is offering can't be used in my part of the world. And Xbox has more of 'those stuff that my PS4 cannot use.'

:)

You're the one who's flat out wrong about stuff.

I will second this. I have read about nightengale's plight with my own eyes. And it ain't pretty!

Melchiah

Oh, so now we are calling it "The One"? I wonder which colored pill you took, it sure sounds crazy!

The only ones I've seen using that term are the Microsoft employees. I think someone of them said, that was what they were wishing people would call the system, but they ended up calling it Xbone. Guess they didn't see it coming.

Zachi

Banned
The only ones I've seen using that term are the Microsoft employees. I think someone of them said, that was what they were wishing people would call the system, but they ended up calling it Xbone. Guess they didn't see it coming.

'the one' sounds cliche, corny and embarassing

XBONE sounds gangsta

viveks86

Man! You are so late to the party. Where were you when it all went down?! :-D

Moonstone

Ok, lets check:

Playing games - works everywhere
Voice support: Only in 6/13 launch countries available - (you can make it to run by switching the region, but then the store won't work silmutanously) - No doesn't work
NFL + Fantasy Leagues - Us only (Canada I don't know) - no doesn't work (but nobody would care, so let's leave it out)
TV Guide - no
HDMI In - 50hz jutter in europe, most people don't have external receivers, might work for some in certain scenarios, but not for all. So this is a no.
Gestures - should work everywhere
Apps - this is not MS' failure, it's same on the PS4. If you country has no official Netflix support, you can't use it. So it's only fair to leave this out.

That's 2/5 key features that work outside the US.

Ok, lets check:

Playing games - works everywhere
Voice support: Only in 6/13 launch countries available - (you can make it to run by switching the region, but then the store won't work silmutanously) - No doesn't work
NFL + Fantasy Leagues - Us only (Canada I don't know) - no doesn't work (but nobody would care, so let's leave it out)
TV Guide - no
HDMI In - 50hz jutter in europe, most people don't have external receivers, might work for some in certain scenarios, but not for all. So this is a no.
Gestures - should work everywhere
Apps - this is not MS' failure, it's same on the PS4. If you country has no official Netflix support, you can't use it. So it's only fair to leave this out.

That's 2/5 key features that work outside the US.
Yep. I did the math and got the same thing.

If I'm remembering my fractions correctly, that's less than half.

Jomjom

Banned
Yep. I did the math and got the same thing.

If I'm remembering my fractions correctly, that's less than half.

No you guys are wrong. Being beta tested in the future, playing games at 720p, and being balanced are all features of The One that works everywhere in the world. That brings it up to 5/8.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Major Nelson was hella satly about Xbone lawl.

BibiMaghoo

The One and Done™;94762504 said:
When I go to Burger King and ask for a cheeseburger I don't expect to have to put the cheese in the burger myself. Self salting potato chips sounds weak sauce but I'll try them. I wonder if I can order them from Amazon.

That depends on how much cheese - or salt - you like on your burger. You get a set amount right? But what if you wanted MOAR? Well, it's like them giving you a burger with some extra slices of cheese, should you want them.

Think on that!

Or, maybe you like less cheese...so don't put so much on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom