• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 UI Demo (non-crappy Gamescom camera edition)

G_Berry

Banned
Looks ok. A little too much like the current store though and there were a few little laggy bits but nice none the less.

Jumping into multi quickly is cool however does it just throw you in like that with no option to pick loadouts etc?

nib95

Banned
Looks nice, functions great. He went from watching the guy play live to jumping straight in to the match in 6 seconds, that is unbelievably efficient.

That was really impressive to see in action. One of my biggest complains previous gens has been awful load times and hoops you go through to finally playing the damn game. I hope load times are a lot less this time around and joining games is as simple and fast like shown here. Really excited!

JP

fbBECgY.jpg
Sony should do a Day 1 Edition of the PS4 where you get one of those chairs included!

vg260

I really hope they make a page for your game library with nice looking game tiles a la Steam and the current 360 UI. I plan on going all digital, and this will be my virtual shelf. I hate the current PS3 menus.

Anyone else notice the light bar on his controller isn't blue, yet he's the first player (I would assume). Maybe color is optional?

I'd make my color black.

Looks ok. A little too much like the current store though and there were a few little laggy bits but nice none the less.

Jumping into multi quickly is cool however does it just throw you in like that with no option to pick loadouts etc?

My assumption is that it loads whatever the last used loadout you had was. Or maybe it remembers the loadout you use most. Either way, pretty damn cool.

Gold_Loot

Looks great . BUT, the reality is everytime you try to do this you know damned well you're going to get a "This game is full" notice.

xptoxyz

Anyone else notice the light bar on his controller isn't blue, yet he's the first player (I would assume). Maybe color is optional?

Connecting new controller > "Who is using this controller?" dialog. Another controller could be connected already. Although this seems it would mean there could be "fighting" for control of the UI (can't remember how it works on PS3, think only p1 has control), and only one player is joining the game in a local console, so that's probably not it. But we are assuming colours are fixed to numbers of players that might not be the case.

Liberty4all

Banned
Chair is classy. Love the UI.

Scared though, lots of room for ads D=

Ads are one of the main reasons I came to hate the 360 UI.

The Ui was nice but they went overkill with the use of blue. Its my favorite color but damn.

Also, has anyone noticed no real concrete next gen talk about dashboard themes and such? Do they even exist? I want to know.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Looks great . BUT, the reality is everytime you try to do this you know damned well you're going to get a "This game is full" notice.
At least this time around there's a system wide party section that should let you group up before hand instead of having everything work on a game by game basis like it does on the PS3.

gc13_ps4interface30iui2.png

OMG I missed this part.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

that Live channel fucking sold me

Qvoth

GG says the KZSF match played was live.

u2N4Bva.png

:O
thought that was prerecorded or something
oh and yosp twitter was updated with the post around the same time he typed that "let's start the show :)", so i guess that means you can twitter directly or something

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Anyone catch that dude playing the stream seemed to have a little video of his head going while he played. Is that what they are using the PSeye2.0 for? Who wants to see people's heads while they play? lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Anyone catch that dude playing the stream seemed to have a little video of his head going while he played. Is that what they are using the PSeye2.0 for? Who wants to see people's heads while they play? lol

That was KZSF's multiplayer designer. It's a common occurrence on streams. I don't get it, but lots of people do it.

VanWinkle

Yeah, a lot of live streams of games have the people on their cameras giving commentary and stuff.

:O
thought that was prerecorded or something
oh and yosp twitter was updated with the post around the same time he typed that "let's start the show :)", so i guess that means you can twitter directly or something

Yeah, looks like it.

UI looked promising, I liked it, I'm totally down for a faster and upgraded XMB 2.0. I hope that the full library section is really nice and functional since that's the main downside to the awesome XMB, when you have tons of games and/or videos.

The Ui was nice but they went overkill with the use of blue. Its my favorite color but damn.

Also, has anyone noticed no real concrete next gen talk about dashboard themes and such? Do they even exist? I want to know.

At worst I'd imagine we'll be able to set our own wallpaper so I think you'll be alright. Good question about the themes though, I hope they allow user made ones again so some of those crazy talented people out there can keep making those. Some of those user made ones were gorgeous over the years.

Ushae

Banned
The UI looked clean and unobtrusive. Without using it can't tell if it will be confusing to use or not. I hated xmb, but I suppose time will tell. Not getting my hopes up for this.

tbuc

Neo Member
Being able to jump into games like that makes a strong case for digital copies. Liked the look of the new UI!

Concept17

Can't believe how fast he went from UI to streaming someone's game, to joining it. Simply insane. My current PC died watching this.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The UI looked clean and unobtrusive. Without using it can't tell if it will be confusing to use or not. I hated xmb, but I suppose time will tell. Not getting my hopes up for this.

What did you hate about the XMB?

Traitor

Neo Member
I dont like xmb at all but party chat is long overdue. The playstation store better be super fast. Xbox UI's is god tier compared to sony

Being able to jump into games like that makes a strong case for digital copies. Liked the look of the new UI!

I was thinking this as well. I probably won't buy any AAA games digitally near launch but if it really is that smooth, I might have to transition to all digital.

Top Bottom