• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 UI Demo (non-crappy Gamescom camera edition)

Twich press release from yesterday mentioned that users will be able just to press Share button and broadcast their games. Its OS level service it seems.

[oh and Twich does not require PS+ on PS4, but it requires Gold for Xbone]

I think we can only broadcast from the OS and not spectate. Looking at the live in playstation section we only saw streams from Ustream. You'll probably have to go into the Twitch app to spectate the match.

Blearth

Banned
Anybody else notice that the PS3 battery/clock bug has been raised from its grave?

Here it is in a crappy gif:

untitled-1gelc3.gif

Crap meant to edit, not repost....

Kornheiser_Why-1.jpg

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Hope there's folders.
Because if you buy a lot of digital games then there's gonna be lotsa squares.

madmackem

Man yosh is such a boss, i couldve watched him game there for a while. All the was missing was a nice coal fire, a nice malt and yosh in his slippers.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What am I looking at? I remember the clock bug but don't get this :/
The upper right Dualshock 4 battery/speaker notification that pops up after he logged in blocks the XMB clock. If they use the same notification while in game to check the battery, it'll be exactly the same thing the PS3 used to do.

BERSSN8.png
q9XexF3.png

The upper right Dualshock 4 battery/speaker notification that pops up after he logged in blocks the XMB clock. If they use the same notification while in game to check the battery, it'll be exactly the same thing the PS3 used to do.

http://imgur.com/BERSSN8.png[/ IMG] [IMG]http://imgur.com/q9XexF3.png[/ IMG][/QUOTE]

Amazing!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Its amazing how much like my idea this is
This is from months ago before E3
Keep it and put it on steroids
People dont the PSN store now but I think a mixture of XMB and the store might be good
So going to games would initially bring a menu similar to the store kinda like whats new does but the PSN store style in a fluid transition previewing the games you have, kinda like the preview you have of whats on the store but the XMB is just flipped vertically to the left side while in that category
Obviously you be able to launch the game or the game page
Like on Vita but also like PSN with DLC available shown etc
Pressing O will back you out to the XMB but in a fluid fast transition as quick as pressing the PS button for the XMB in-game but faster but you can also navigate via the vertical XMB if needed
That sort of layout could be good for Movies you have or music, data could be pulled from the net to fill in the blanks and info
But the main front would be like the XMB
Obviously PSN will be the same
But obviously the XMB flip up on PS4, but its exactly what I was thinking lol

Look so goddamn good. SO glad they didnt co-opt Vita's menus which I think are shit. I hope they let us customize the order in which the games appear along the bottom of the screen and not force us to use pre-determined sorts like purchase date or alpha.

I love the blue. Dat consistent branding. Stellar.

Also, I'm loving the sound effects! THATS what I want to hear when interacting with a Playstation menu!

All in all I could not be happier about it. Very very slick. And I absolutely agree with others that digital is the way to go. But I like my discs. :( lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
If you listen carefully you can hear what may sound like the boot up sounds. I do like the music in the UI. I'm sure the option to turn it off will be in the OS options.

Jonboy

I think these comments are funny. It's not the XMB. It just has some XMB looking icons at the top. The way you move around to navigate is completely different.
Same icons across the top. You scroll back and forth to select something, which then pops up below.

It's an updated version of the XMB.

Definitely looks great. I noticed in the Live Streaming that there's an Interactive function. Im wondering its that's like the takeover function that was mentioned before.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Definitely looks great. I noticed in the Live Streaming that there's an Interactive function. Im wondering its that's like the takeover function that was mentioned before.
IIRC, someone at Sony said the takeover function was a longterm goal for Gaikai so it probably won't be available at launch.

One of the first press releases for the console mentioned spectators could help broadcasters by dropping items and giving them health potions though; the Interact button will probably be limited to stuff like that for single player games until they patch in the remote command.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
You think RajmanGamingHD would do something like that? I bet they were just sitting right next to the Gamersyde guys and took the exact same footage.

What dicks.

That's definitely our video, just cropped to remove our watermark. Not the first time something like this happens...

Top Bottom