• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Gamestop has stocked Refurbished Gamecubes

El Odio

Banned
Wait, they're actually selling Gamecube systems? I went to a GS back like 3 years ago and asked if they carried any gc related products still and they laughed at me.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
It's not purple, damn it, it's indigo. And it's the best console color ever.

gdt

Woah.

This thread reminded me that Wii has GameCube BC. I'd been dying to replay Metroid Prime 1/2/3, so I took a look at my collection (I've sold or thrown away almost all of it and replaced them with digital copies) and holy shit I still have Metroid Prime 1/2/3. So I think oh fucking awesome. I remember I kept spare cables and such in this drawer I never open so I looked in there and I have 2 GameCube controllers, still! All I needed was a memory card but I know I saw it recently on top of my bureau. I left it there when I cleaned it out a few days ago and was about to throw it away, but I just decided to keep it and put it somewhere. Well, it wasn't there anymore, so I assumed I actually did throw it away but I start looking around and lo and behold it just fell behind it.

Anywho so now I'm gonna replay Metroid Prime 1/2/3 on my Wii.

Wow I cant believe the component cables are that expensive.

Ive been stockpiling old systems ive found doing forclosure work and have plenty of old systems in numerous rubbermaid bins in my shed. I'll have to look tomorrow. I know I have a few GC in there with cables.

SegaShack

There is a reason the component cables are expensive. It is becuase Nintendo was cheap with that system. Instead of putting something on the console to handle the component picture, they put a circuit board inside the component cable, where the connector is. So that is why no 3rd parties ever made one.

Gaogaogao

I want one :(

Looks like it's back in stock, but if the component cables are that price, I prob should go for a Wii for full on GC gaming.

Maybe I can find one at a yard sale with extra controllers and games.

no its not, at checkout you see "One or more items have been deleted or modified based on the availability."

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Looks like it's back in stock, but if the component cables are that price, I prob should go for a Wii for full on GC gaming.

Nope, still OOS. You can add it to your cart but it will be pulled when you try to checkout.

you could probably find a cube at a garage sale for way less than $20 too

I tried ordering one. It says its available but keeps removing it from my cart as I try to check out. Weird.

Derp, probably out of stock as others have said.

Top Bottom