• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Publix |OT| Where subs are a pleasure

hqdefault.jpg

Publix veteran here, was a bagboy and then a stock clerk in high school. Ate many subs and the abuelas in the bakery would give me free cookies, but I'd have to eat them quickly in the corner so that the managers wouldn't see.

All the publix's here got rid of the presses, they only have those stupid turbo toaster machines now. The Cubans just aren't the same :(

Yeah, I went to a Publix in Georgia and that was the first time I got my sub without it being pressed. So strange :(
I guess I am just so used to saying pressed, but yes it's so different now.

Publix veteran here, was a bagboy and then a stock clerk in high school. Ate many subs and the abuelas in the bakery would give me free cookies, but I'd have to eat them quickly in the corner so that the managers wouldn't see.

The flan and Tres Leches used to be on point. But then the abuelas got smart, and started catering.

dyergram

As a tourist I was blown away by ordering a sub online and picking it up in store. As a English man I was impressed with the cheese selection as well lol.

I used to be Facebook friends with RISKAY DRAMA QUEEN of "Smell Yo Dick" fame but she posted about Publix subs multiple times a day so I had to block her, was just too much.

RBH

One of the things I miss about Atlanta.

The buffalo chicken tender subs were a staple of my diet while studying for finals in med school

I have a lot of gripes with Florida. Publix is not one of them.

Hell, some of the closest ones to me started offering inari sushi ("Inari Special") in their seafood section. It's like they want me to stay in this state and shop with them forever.

I can vouch for their Key Lime Pie. Also their turtle cheesecake is no slouch.

Their key lime pie is good but their mango key lime pie is on another level. I nearly had a panic attack when it seemed like all my local Publix stores stopped making it. (They still did, just somehow were all sold out)

III-V

Eh, the key lime pie is OK if you didn't have many options.
The best key lime pies comes from J. J. Gandy's.

damn it Palm Harbor

I'm all about the black and white cookies.

oreo cheesecake?

I have a lot of gripes with Florida. Publix is not one of them.

Hell, some of the closest ones to me started offering inari sushi ("Inari Special") in their seafood section. It's like they want me to stay in this state and shop with them forever.

Their key lime pie is good but their mango key lime pie is on another level. I nearly had a panic attack when it seemed like all my local Publix stores stopped making it. (They still did, just somehow were all sold out)

never tried the mango klp. Will be on the look out.

Zackat

Anyone use the Publix app?

I kinda forgot that you can save coupons and stuff in it to apply at the register.

Ponn

Banned
Publix is only good for their subs. Their groceries are expensive compared to Walmart.

If you just walk in buy off the shelf without looking yea on average Walmart will probably be cheaper. If you look at the ads and plan your shopping around the BOGO's and sales though it comes out fine. Buying store brand also saves money and Publix brand stuff kills Great Value shit.

IrishNinja

yarp. And even then, only if you ignore that you giving dosh to people like Carol Barnett, which goes out of her way to block stuff like medical marijuana.

yeah, she's awful but at least she's off the board now, and they seem to be distancing from her more

haha oh man, this was how i survived in the day. i'd hope for enough tips (on the low) to go to BK but many days that didn't happen

I've been pretty good. I know you haven't seen me in like... six and a half years, but life's been decent. How about you?

i'm good man! apparently making OT's, haha - really hoping things pan out for my career next year, storm aside i'm pretty happy right now

Oh shit! Is there a Wa-Wa OT?

bruh
we're still waiting on wa-wa down here, pls believe i would fuck with that OT as well

Publix is only good for their subs. Their groceries are expensive compared to Walmart.

you gotta be about that BOGO life

ahoyle77

So everyone knows Publix will steam your shrimp for free? Even season it with Old Bay. Just go in, get 1-2 lbs of whatever large shrimp is on sale at the seafood counter, ask them to steam it and come back in 5-10 minutes. I always get stopped by someone that is amazed they do that. One of my daughters favorite meals.

Wensih

I had reminded myself in the other thread that its almost time for Publix to start stocking their special fall ice creams. Publix ice cream is the bomb but their fall flavors are something else.

This is the shit right here. Pumpkin ice cream, the right spices and little pie pieces in it. If you have guests pop a dollop of whipped cream on top with some cinnamon or nutmeg sprinkle.

I also have tried this and like it for pretty much the same reasons.

Bruh as I said in that thread about the natural disaster barreling toward the state and publix

Monkey+Biz3.jpg

This was the best that was discontinued.

Dishwalla

Banned
I see Publix trucks going up and down I-95 sometimes, that's about the extant of my knowledge for this place. Never actually seen a Publix store.

One of the things I miss about Atlanta.

The buffalo chicken tender subs were a staple of my diet while studying for finals in med school
They have Publix in Atlanta? Atlanta just went even higher on my list of places to move to if I ever leave Miami.

broketv

Neo Member
Publix subs are amazing... look forward to them when I visit every year. H-E-B needs to copy their sub model.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Publix and WaWa are two of the best three aspects about present-day Tampa Bay.

#3 is a nice lass I dated for a few months in 2013. She's good people! It didn't work out.

Moved out of FL last year. When people ask what I miss, I say friends, family, and Publix. Worked there for 4 years (2 in high school, 2 in college). Good times.

Ponn

Banned
Bruh as I said in that thread about the natural disaster barreling toward the state and publix

Monkey+Biz3.jpg

This was the best that was discontinued.

Never got a chance to try it. There are some they keep bringing back like the Pumpkin Pie but I do notice different or new flavors every year too so it might be back, or at least a variation.

Top Bottom