• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quinnipiac Iowa GOP Poll : Cruzin' down the street in my 6-4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"sorry"? Cruz nom would be AMAZING. He'd get steamrolled and the GOP couldn't even divorce themselves from the crazy like they technically could with Trump, he's a goddamn Senator. The down ballot would be a smoking ruin.

Ted Cruz honestly scares me the most. I've never seen someone backed into a corner before come back and lie or change the subject like him before. Anytime he's clearly wrong or hypocritical, he can deflect or make shit up like I've never seen.

He also has the perfect combination of experience for th job. He hasn't been apart of government long enough to be considered an insider like Bush or Clinton.

Bush and Rubio scare me more because both have better chances of beating a Democrat than any other GOP candidate

so the crazier, the more unelectable, the better

I don't fear Cruz

but I do fear Bush and Rubio

winjet81

how can someone who has filed for corporate bankruptcy 4 times be the best fit to handle the economy?

Isn't filing for bankruptcy an anti-bootstrap mechanism?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Bush and Rubio scare me more because both have better chances of beating a Democrat than any other GOP candidate

I don't fear Cruz

You assume that Bush and Rubio are actually more electable, though. Given how little enthusiasm they rouse in their own base, that may not be the case.

kess

FYI, Cruz signed some church pledge against gay marriage a couple of days ago, something even Trump hasn't done.

FYI, Cruz signed some church pledge against gay marriage a couple of days ago, something even Trump hasn't done.

Cruz is seriously custom made for Iowa voters. He might not get the same traction in other states, but his popularity in Iowa isn't surprising given their love for Santorum in 2012.

I don't fear Cruz

Bush is the least charismatic and inspiring candidate I've ever seen. He ain't winning shit.

You assume that Bush and Rubio are actually more electable, though. Given how little enthusiasm they rouse in their own base, that may not be the case.
unclear ''moderates'' (in quotation marks) fare better than clear affirmed hard right Republicans against Democrats

so even as much as NeoCons at heart Bush and Rubio are about continuing a Dubya doctrine, they are dubiously perceived as more ''moderate'' than hard right wingers like Cruz or Paul who would be more skittish about foreign intervention in the name of reducing spending

so yeah, I fear Bush and Rubio more

as for Trump, the guy is a joke

Salvadora

Cruz is worse (in my mind) than Trump or Carson because he appears insidiously evil rather than a buffoon.

Like, he appears quite intelligent but uses warped social conservative positions to grab power.

Blader

Uh, did I say it was a problem with anybody other than moderates? Are moderates not the voters that matter, especially in swing states?

My point is, the govt shutdown doesn't matter enough to anyone to influence votes one way or the other. Cruz's hardcore social conservatism is more likely to turn off moderates than shutting down Washington for a couple weeks two years ago -- something that was totally forgotten by the following year's elections anyway.

Cruz is worse (in my mind) than Trump or Carson because he appears insidiously evil rather than a buffoon.

Like, he appears quite intelligent but uses warped social conservative positions to grab power.

Cruz is Barry Goldwater unelectable

lets just pray that Trump sinks Jeb and Rubio in Florida to spare us a continuation of the Dubya doctrine

Salvadora

Cruz is Barry Goldwater unelectable

lets just pray that Trump sinks Jeb and Rubio in Florida to spare us a continuation of the Dubya doctrine
I don't know, man.

You feel like an election could be swung by a domestic terrorism incident and a downturn in the economy.

And God forbid if Ted Cruz is waiting at the White House door to take advantage.

legacyzero

Banned
I think its just too early; look at Paris, so much can happen so fast that can change the "issue" of the election.

Sure, Trump (and probably Cruz) have no real shot, but its naive to think that Hillary in a landslide is all but guaranteed.

He's right. Electoral math definitely favors the democrats, but saying the republicans have "no shot" is completely untrue. The burden of proof is on you to show that it is.

Oh I know. I was just quoting a candidate :p

Chichikov

Don't let it, the Republicans really have no shot.
I think the Democrats is heavily favorite even if the GOP picks someone more electable than Cruz (who I think is a joke that would implode in the general) but all it takes is a serious terror attack, wall street blowing up the economy again or Hillary getting caught fucking a black man.
I wouldn't bet money on any of that happen, but downside is too scary to outright dismiss (which is why I really hope the GOP elect someone sane like Rubio, even if it increase the chance they win the presidency).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom