• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R*'s PATHETIC port job: Bully 360 freezing (among other glitches) [PATCH NOW OUT]

chubigans said:
Costanza
IS GETTING UPSET!
(Today, 05:26 AM)
Reply | Quote
This.

Doc Evils said:
Costanza
Contributing to Society
(Yesterday, 02:58 AM)
Reply | Quote
Or this.

Thanks for the heads-up, Costanza. I was really looking forward to finally playing this, but will wait for a patch now.

Kibbles

The Crimson Kid said:
Looks like 1up is the only site that actually penalized the game for it.

Bully 360 got a B-
Bully PS2 got an A+

Not only that, they penalized it HARD. Props to 1up.
And you should realize that it's an old game. A port doesn't always automatically mean it will get the same grade as the original game.

Costanza

Banned
KyotoMecca said:

A user named Costanza at popular video game message board NeoGAF started a thread on Tuesday chiding Rockstar on a "pathetic" port of the PlayStation 2 game.

According to Costanza and users on NeoGAF and across several other message boards, Bully: Scholarship Edition is riddled with bugs, some of which cause the game to crash, forcing players to replay parts of the game.
:O

Wow.

In a symbol of goodwill, Rockstar has offered to send one of its agents to Costanza's house to deal directly with his issues. We have been informed that the agent is on his way now.

1163699249_medium.jpg

VALIS

I've just played the NTSC 360 version for 5 hours and haven't had a single problem. This game is hilarious.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I can see the quarterly reports from Take Two now...

"Sales for the fourth quarter would be much higher had it not been for user Costanza, which caused a dip in our projected income and forced us to close Rockstar North, which employed hundreds of hard working people struggling to earn money for their families."

Wow, Costanza is a jerk.

Whimsical Phil said:
I just got my first crash. I was heading back to my room to save right before starting the Halloween mission. Just outside my room, a bully picked a fight, and when I starting hitting him back the system locked. Seconds before I would have saved my damn game.

See, I consider the achievements to be awful. Other than the "Complete Chapter X" achievements (i.e. beat the game to earn these), just about all the remaining achievements are of the "Perform X Task X Number of Times."

That's just dull. Those achievements don't encourage you to alter the way you play or try anything new. All it does it get you focused on one specific chore to tally up your points. "I think I'll just kick this soccer ball 100 times to get my 20 points." "Now I'll run around and give 50 wedgies to get my 25 points." Achievements like these aren't even remotely creative.

I agree 100% and I've been bitching about this since the achievement list was released. There should seriously be some kind of achievement consultant that works with each company before they release their games.

I sure hope GTA4's achievements are more creative.

Mrbob

So what does he mean only older systems are affected? Why would this be?

I hope GTA4 isn't affected by this problem. :x

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If this only affects older X360's, then this is probably only a problem for like 10 people since that is the number of older systems stilll running. :lol

Costanza

Banned
Mrbob said:

Yeah, I kinda hope we get some sort of clarification on that. We had someone in this thread with a newer box still having problems too.

raYne said:
:O They named names...

You're about to get blacklisted like that Ned guy did from Hop Sing's.

:lol

You'd think the gaming community would show some more respect to the man who got the Frogger high score @ Marios Pizza.

raYne

SuperEnemyCrab said:
:lol

You'd think the gaming community would show some more respect to the man who got the Frogger high score @ Marios Pizza.
You'd think so. 'Tis a sad internet world we live in. :(

VALIS

7 hours, still nary a freeze or even a glitch.

This is why the job of game journalist is held in about the same regard as supermarket cashier.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'd really like to know what issue "older" 360s have. I've never had a problem running anything else on my "older" 360.... and I've played over 100 different games on it.

Shamrock

Banned
Mrbob said:

Honestly that line was just horeshit. It's not because of older systems. He' just trying to excuse the fact they missed all these bugs. The game can lock up on any 360. New or old.

Costanza

Banned
Shamrock said:
Honestly that line was just horeshit. It's not because of older systems. He' just trying to excuse the fact they missed all these bugs. The game can lock up on any 360. New or old.
Yeah, I think so too. Their excuse doesn't really make any sense.

Shamrock said:

I don't know if its completely true or not but I don't think they honestly ran into any game halting freezing when testing the game. (as for bugs, any opened ended game is somewhat buggy in all honesty.) And none of the reviews on any site talk about this either.

And still some people, myself included, have yet to have the game lock up. I just hope they patch it and make everyone happy that is having problems.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
slasher_thrasher21 said:
I don't know if its completely true or not but I don't think they honestly ran into any game halting freezing when testing the game. (as for bugs, any opened ended game is somewhat buggy in all honesty.) And none of the reviews on any site talk about this either.

And still some people, myself included, have yet to have the game lock up. I just hope they patch it and make everyone happy that is having problems.

You'll crash soon, trust me. Everyone does. I'd strongly suggest saving after every mission.

Also, the 1up review mentions that the game locked their boxes completely several times.

FlyinJ said:
You'll crash soon, trust me. Everyone does. I'd strongly suggest saving after every mission.

Also, the 1up review mentions that the game locked their boxes completely several times.

Ok dokie. Well I save all the time in games anyways but, will see, I still haven't had it lock and there are reports from others that even after seven hours of gaming, not a single lock up. I do believe that tons are having lock issues but I also beleive people that claim to have none in there 3-7 hour gaming sessions with the game. My biggest wonder though is why... wth is going on.

And alright so 1up mentions it, but lets take all the reviews posted and really one out of how many reviews is this mentioned? Thats not many. So say you have one review out of ten claiming the game froze. Thats a ten percent account of it freezing. Now take the same ammount of people that actually have the game and having problems versus people that are not and who knows it could be the same ammount. We don't know for sure since message board posts can't account for everyone that bought the game.

I just hope whatever actions need to take place, bad discs being replaced, patch going out, etc. It just gets squashed and fast. It would be a pitty for this game to do bad in sales on 360 simply due to an issue that occured.

Costanza

Banned
slasher_thrasher21 said:
Ok dokie. Well I save all the time in games anyways but, will see, I still haven't had it lock and there are reports from others that even after seven hours of gaming, not a single lock up. I do believe that tons are having lock issues but I also beleive people that claim to have none in there 3-7 hour gaming sessions with the game. My biggest wonder though is why... wth is going on.

And alright so 1up mentions it, but lets take all the reviews posted and really one out of how many reviews is this mentioned? Thats not many. So say you have one review out of ten claiming the game froze. Thats a ten percent account of it freezing. Now take the same ammount of people that actually have the game and having problems versus people that are not and who knows it could be the same ammount. We don't know for sure since message board posts can't account for everyone that bought the game.

I just hope whatever actions need to take place, bad discs being replaced, patch going out, etc. It just gets squashed and fast. It would be a pitty for this game to do bad in sales on 360 simply due to an issue that occured.
If it is the discs... I really, really hope they don't pull an Activision.

Well I wish someone in here or somewhere, who has no issues with the game, and has a friend that is having issues with the game could swap discs and see produces any interesting results. I dont know anyone around me that has the game though.

If anyone out there fits this idea, give it a try please. This could shed light if its a disc issue or not.

Costanza

Banned
slasher_thrasher21 said:
Well I wish someone in here or somewhere, who has no issues with the game, and has a friend that is having issues with the game could swap discs and see produces any interesting results. I dont know anyone around me that has the game though.

If anyone out there fits this idea, give it a try please. This could shed light if its a disc issue or not.
Somebody needs to try this.

Anyway, I'm gonna try playing again now.. let's hope it doesn't freeze.

chubigans said:
I can see the quarterly reports from Take Two now...

"Sales for the fourth quarter would be much higher had it not been for user Costanza, which caused a dip in our projected income and forced us to close Rockstar North, which employed hundreds of hard working people struggling to earn money for their families."

Wow, Costanza is a jerk.

Yeah what a douchebag.

Way to go pal.

BuddyC said:
Just heard back from Rockstar, an official statement is coming soon.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/51631

Costanza deserves a tag.

I am going to feel sorry for the 360 owners if these are the same issues that plague GTA4. Sure, having exclusive content is great, but if the game runs anything like this, OUCH!!!

3rdamention said:
I am going to feel sorry for the 360 owners if these are the same issues that plague GTA4. Sure, having exclusive content is great, but if the game runs anything like this, OUCH!!!

I really don't think it will. I'm sure that after this, R* will spend a ton of time making sure that one of the most anticipated games of all time goes out with no major flaws.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
BuddyC said:
Just heard back from Rockstar, an official statement is coming soon.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/51631

Let's take some bets on how useless this statement is going to be.

I have my money on arbitrary damage control "a small number of older xboxes seem to have a problem we didn't catch with our flawless QA process" with a sprinkling of "delete your harddrive cache because it's fragmented and it will fix it".

FlyinJ said:

I have my money on arbitrary damage control "a small number of older xboxes seem to have a problem we didn't catch with our flawless QA process" with a sprinkling of "delete your harddrive cache because it's fragmented and it will fix it".

Hmm, I don't know. I think Rockstar will try to address it a little better than that. They know that they have the whole industry looking at them right now and will (hopefully) say something better than that.

VALIS

FlyinJ said:

Maybe because it is? Or all of us who've put many hours into the game without a problem don't count?

Typical GAF. Graphical glitches are always blown astronomically out of proportion, and instead of just mentioning "Hey, I've been having some problems with this game," instead it's gotta be "OMG my game froze and everyone must pay! The whole industry is corrupt! HEY EVERYONE! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!"

Honestly, I just shut the game off now after 8.5 hours because I'm bored. It's hilarious, and well written with great voice acting, but not very challenging at all. Go here, press this button. Go there, press that button. Meh. It's more akin to The Sims than Grand Theft Auto.

Top Bottom