• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R*'s PATHETIC port job: Bully 360 freezing (among other glitches) [PATCH NOW OUT]

Costanza

Banned
slasher_thrasher21 said:
So for people that were having freeze errors and then were not. Hows that going for you all? Still no freezes or...?
Not since yesterday.. I'm actually booting the game again now so we'll see.

backflip10019 said:
You'd have been prompted at startup if they patched it.

Well I think he just hasn't even put the game back in is why he is asking. I wonder if this might have to do with your connection to live like someone suggested early, seeing as now some people who had major issues no longer are having them.

Hmmmm indeed.

Costanza

Banned
slasher_thrasher21 said:
Well I think he just hasn't even put the game back in is why he is asking. I wonder if this might have to do with your connection to live like someone suggested early, seeing as now some people who had major issues no longer are having them.

Hmmmm indeed.
I'm connected to Live...

slasher_thrasher21 said:

Oh, yeah, I knew that he hadn't played. I was simply pointing out that you'd notice on Live if it was patched (and people would post it in this thread as well).

Costanza

Banned
backflip10019 said:
Oh, yeah, I knew that he hadn't played. I was simply pointing out that you'd notice on Live if it was patched (and people would post it in this thread as well).
Well, you wouldn't notice on live unless you put the game in.. but yeah it'd be in here for sure.

Eric WK

Played for about the first five hours of the game at my buddy's the two nights previous with no problems. Picked it up for myself this afternoon and no problems so far.

Let's hope it stays that way.

They just demonstrated the game on On the Spot, for like five seconds, then it froze and they never got it running again. Might've been due to 360 outcrappage, but it was quite fitting regardless.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
VibratingDonkey said:
They just demonstrated the game on On the Spot, for like five seconds, then it froze and they never got it running again. Might've been due to 360 outcrappage, but it was quite fitting regardless.

Typical GAF overreaction.

Meh.

VALIS

FlyinJ said:
Typical GAF overreaction.

Meh.

The majority of people seem to be playing the game fine, including some of those who reported freezes earlier.

But let's Digg this thread some more. Maybe we can get CNN on it.

dork

Banned
Only played for about an hour, no freezes. I noticed a slowdown in framerate once or twice. Music made me shut the game off though .:lol

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
VALIS said:
The majority of people seem to be playing the game fine, including some of those who reported freezes earlier.

But let's Digg this thread some more. Maybe we can get CNN on it.

Well, getting it Dugg got an official response out of Rockstar, and will hopefully get the game fixed for the "minority" of us who get their boxes locked from it.

You don't even like the game, so why are you still posting in here?

VALIS

FlyinJ said:
Well, getting it Dugg got an official response out of Rockstar, and will hopefully get the game fixed for the "minority" of us who get their boxes locked from it.

You don't even like the game, so why are you still posting in here?

I started playing some more and like it again. The classes are fun. I just wish it was more challenging.

And FlyinJ, I can only hope that one day you spend a lot of money and years on creating something and a few people on the internet, instead of simply just reporting their problems, try to create a sensational story out of it and report the product is flat out broken without scrutinizing that claim.

Costanza

Banned
VALIS said:
I started playing some more and like it again. The classes are fun. I just wish it was more challenging.

And FlyinJ, I can only hope that one day you spend a lot of money and years on creating something and a few people on the internet, instead of simply just reporting their problems, try to create a sensational story out of it and report the product is flat out broken without scrutinizing that claim.

Costanza

Banned
Forgot to ask this earlier.. but is anyone on GAF who was having freezes yesterday still having them?

Is it possibly it WAS related to being signed into Xbox Live and Microsoft fixed something in the backend without patching it? It just seems weird that yesterday we were all having serious issues and then somehow today everything was fine with no patch.

VALIS said:
Remember when people were saying the same thing about the RROD? "Just a vocal minority!" You were one of those people, weren't you?

VALIS said:
Pretty sure the dude works in the industry, so he's probably been there already.

Also once I pay money for a product all concerns for the developer's feelings go out the window. They're not blowing this out of proportion. They're doing what should be done whenever a game with massive technical issues and crashing bugs gets released.

Fatbody

Costanza said:
Forgot to ask this earlier.. but is anyone on GAF who was having freezes yesterday still having them?

Is it possibly it WAS related to being signed into Xbox Live and Microsoft fixed something in the backend without patching it? It just seems weird that yesterday we were all having serious issues and then somehow today everything was fine with no patch.

No, I just had my first freeze of the game about an hour ago. It happened while hiding in a trash can in the "Help Gary" mission.

I still love the game but I think I'll wait for a patch until I start playing it again. Having that fear of a lock up in the back of my mind is ruining it for me.

Costanza

Banned
Fatbody said:
No, I just had my first freeze of the game about an hour ago. It happened while hiding in a trash can in the "Help Gary" mission.

I still love the game but I think I'll wait for a patch until I start playing it again. Having that fear of a lock up in the back of my mind is ruining it for me.
:lol Alright, there goes my theory.

I wonder when we can expect that PR from Rockstar.

Costanza said:
:lol Alright, there goes my theory.

I wonder when we can expect that PR from Rockstar.

You know something? Since Bully froze on me, LOST and Frontlines also froze last night in the exact same manner.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Ok, I just tried this on my livingroom 360 (3 month old Elite). It crashed after about 45 minutes while I was outside the school going to gym class.

EDIT: I haven't had any problems with other games on my original box.... I played Frontlines last night for about 2 hours.

Costanza

Banned
FlyinJ said:
Ok, I just tried this on my livingroom 360 (3 month old Elite). It crashed after about 45 minutes while I was outside the school going to gym class.

EDIT: I haven't had any problems with other games on my original box.... I played Frontlines last night for about 2 hours.
Same. I played Blue Dragon for around 40 minutes earlier with no problems.

Costanza

Banned
dagZ said:
Is it really freezing that bad that people cannot play it?
It's playable.. we just never know when to expect a freeze so if you're not saving constantly it takes the fun out of the game.

dyls

So I guess we can confirm that the Wii version is unaffected and in fact a pretty well done port:

1Up
This port appears to be tailor-made for the Wii, transitioning smoothly to work with the Wii Remote/Nunchuk combo. All of the new classes and minigames play to the strengths that Wii control offers (pointing at items versus controlling cursors with the analog stick). Visually, the game compares favorably with its PS2 predecessor and suffers from none of the technical hiccups of the 360 version.

Gamespy
As opposed to the troublesome Xbox 360 port, with its reports of widespread freezing issues and poor frame-rates, the Wii conversion actually went quite smoothly. It runs smoother than the original PS2 version and integrates Wii-specific controls in intuitive ways.

Played some more, no more freezes. Doesn't seem to be an issue for me anymore *crosses fingers*.

The game is pretty fun. I do not like Biology though.

Tortfeasor

Exchanged my copy tonight for the wii version at EB. They were nice about it and did the exchange even though it was opened.

Costanza

Banned
MaizeRage25 said:
Played some more, no more freezes. Doesn't seem to be an issue for me anymore *crosses fingers*.

The game is pretty fun. I do not like Biology though.
It's like a really shitty, slow version of Trauma Center. Not that fun.

Costanza

Banned
Himuro said:
Bully is fucking boring. I'm glad Valis agrees with me because i'm right. Go here, go there, go do this absolutely boring task.

Shenmue had menial tasks to be done but it also had you kicking sailor ass.
Alright?

Eric WK

Himuro said:
Bully is fucking boring. I'm glad Valis agrees with me because i'm right. Go here, go there, go do this absolutely boring task.

That's pertinent.

Himuro said:

Well then, that's one person's opinion of the game. Does anyone else have anything constructive to say instead of just moaning and complaining?

Costanza

Banned
backflip10019 said:
Well then, that's one person's opinion of the game. Does anyone else have anything constructive to say instead of just moaning and complaining?
Seriously, him and VALIS just keep randomly coming in and trolling.

Top Bottom