• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R*'s PATHETIC port job: Bully 360 freezing (among other glitches) [PATCH NOW OUT]

Costanza said:
:lol

Anyway, Thanks BuddyC... I hope we get a response

I do too. Truthfully, I didn't like Bully when it first came out, but I think it's more because I didn't give it a real chance. Now, I'm interested and will probably pick it up once a patch is out.

Costanza said:
This is honestly such a colossal fuckup on Rockstar and Microsoft's part. We should really get something out of this.
You act a bit as if this is the first game ever to have such problems, sure it sucks, but there have been far worse bugs to ship in games in the past. I'm not defending this or anything, it's just that there have been plenty of janky games in the past (see Advent Rising) and there will be plenty in the future.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
GitarooMan said:
You act a bit as if this is the first game ever to have such problems, sure it sucks, but there have been far worse bugs to ship in games in the past. I'm not defending this or anything, it's just that there have been plenty of janky games in the past (see Advent Rising) and there will be plenty in the future.

I got through Advent Rising without a single crash. Did that game crash once an hour as well?

Costanza

Banned
GitarooMan said:
What was wrong with Advent Rising?

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
I like how Costanza keeps bumping this thread with new questions. :lol

Anyway, I have an update for you all. News on the patch coming tomorrow AM.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/03/19/bully-xbox-360-patch-still-missing-coming-news-tomorrow/

On Monday, I contacted Rockstar about the whereabouts of the patch. As of this writing, Rockstar still doesn’t have one, as the patch is currently sitting in Microsoft’s Xbox Live certification queue. Rockstar said they will have a “broad worldwide announcement” tomorrow morning.

Does that mean the patch is actually coming tomorrow morning? Not necessarily.

Walshicus

plaidtopia said:
Notice any difference yet?
Not realy. I expect it only fixes the crashing, and that's happened to me all of twice after about two hours of gameplay... so this one's a 'wait and see'.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Costanza said:
I can confirm the patch is out. Good work, GAF. Our powers got a fucking game fixed.

Mods, thread title change?

What are you doing in here?? Get back to Metal Gear!

Costanza

Banned
:lol :lol :lol :lol LOL THE SOUND IS ALL FUCKED UP. It keeps cutting out. This was the one problem I wasn't having before the patch.

Mad Doc is the best developer ever!

edit: It's alright now, but for that to happen within 30 seconds... :lol

Costanza said:
I'm not letting it die till we get our patch. :p

edit: holy shit I have 156 posts in here :lol
6ojyg7.gif

How does the xbox 360 download and install patches so fast?

Anyway, there is now a 1.03 in the bottom right corner of the starting page.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm pretty amazed at how big of a deal this had been made out to be. I'm 65% through the game. 18 hours in and I've had two crashes. I've had no more graphical glitches than any other Rockstar game I have ever played. Heck I've seen just as many draw distance issues and texture pop-in in many of this generations games.

Maybe I've been lucky with the game, and I do understand that some people have had a nasty time with lock ups etc... But I am SO glad I ignored the warnings of this thread and bought the game on release day like I did. Cause this is one of the best games I have ever played.

I love it. And I'm already starting to dread the fact that it will be over soon and I'll have to move on to other games.

Costanza said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol LOL THE SOUND IS ALL FUCKED UP. It keeps cutting out. This was the one problem I wasn't having before the patch.

Mad Doc is the best developer ever!

edit: It's alright now, but for that to happen within 30 seconds... :lol

I forgot to mention this, but did anybody have issues (pre-patch) with their center channel not working? I did.

Walshicus

FlyinJ said:
Any more reports, Costanza or otherwise?

This doesn't sound good...
Why? I was having sound cuts before the patch so I don't know if the two are related... but my in-town frame rate seems much higher now and it's yet to crash.

Does anyone know if this patch also fixes issues with errands not showing up properly or not getting the Nutcracker outfit when you beat a certain mission?

A big thank you to Costanza for his Herculean efforts on this.

-edit I found a thread over on Gaf's sister board where at least one person is reporting these two glitches still haven't been fixed. Funny, these bugged me more than the freezing!
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=942199&topic=42083858

Wow, several other people reporting the same problem with audio glitches who weren't getting them before the patch on that thread i linked to. I think I will pass on downloading this patch. I am at like 91% with just a few more missions left, I can probably finish it tonight.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Hmmm... so, better framerate in town and no crashes but with crappier audio...

or bad framerate in town with crashes with slightly better audio...

I guess I'll take the first.

Great job, Mad Doc! Can't wait to see what you guys fuck up next!

monkspider said:
Wow, several other people reporting the same problem with audio glitches who weren't getting them before the patch on that thread i linked to. I think I will pass on downloading this patch. I am at like 91% with just a few more missions left, I can probably finish it tonight.

You can delete patches if you aren't happy with them.

Costanza

Banned
FlyinJ said:
Hmmm... so, better framerate in town and no crashes but with crappier audio...

or bad framerate in town with crashes with slightly better audio...

I guess I'll take the first.

Great job, Mad Doc! Can't wait to see what you guys fuck up next!
I'd be surprised if they get any sort of high-profile project ever again.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Costanza said:
I'd be surprised if they get any sort of high-profile project ever again.

Here's hoping they won't.

I'm still amazed they got any work after Empire Earth 3

Top Bottom