• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rachel Dolezal Says She Was ‘Too Black’ for Her Black Husband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
CHAPPELLE_01_0101_KLAN_640x360.jpg

"When I asked to why she divorced her husband of nineteen years she said, 'He was, a n*gger lover.'"

L Thammy

So she thought black people were some fictional beings like in Lord of the Rings and decided to cosplay as her? She's not transracial, she's a black otherkin? Am I understanding this right?

Rainer70

Reading your posts, it doesn't seem like there's any malicious intent. Also, it's an honest question. There's nothing wrong with being ignorant on an issue and trying to correct it in the way you did.

However, for the purpose of not having a bunch of people freak out over the post and stuff, it's probably better that it was asked in here or here.

Thanks for the references, will check them out.

Makonero

So she thought black people were some fictional beings like in Lord of the Rings and decided to cosplay as her? She's not transracial, she's a black otherkin? Am I understanding this right?

She's just fetishizing African women and identifying with them! Not her fault!

/s

giphy.gif

This just reaffirms my belief that Rachel Dolezal is a terrible, ignorant, selfish and disgusting human being.

"Rachel Dolezal's memoir was released last week, and in it, she not only discusses how she knew about blackness at an early age because of her grandmother's National Geographic magazines"

Yea. Can we please give the statement the full attention it deserves. Ain't this some shit.

MUnited83

For you.
Edit: Removed. Don't wanna cause any problems.

If you want a simple enough explanation:

Cis males and females have different brains, with different brain patterns. Research has shown that transgender people have brain patterns that correspond to the gender they identify as. A trans female brain has more in common with a cis female than it has with a cis male brain.

Meanwhile, there is no such thing as a "black brain". There is no . Being born and then feeling "black" when white is not a thing.

L Thammy

She's just fetishizing African women and identifying with them! Not her fault!

/s

We need to think up new names to distinguish between IRL black people and the race in the National Geographic Society's popular illustrated fantasy novel series so that people don't get confused and think it's racist.

Kreed

"Rachel Dolezal’s memoir was released last week, and in it, she not only discusses how she knew about blackness at an early age because of her grandmother’s National Geographic magazines"

k.

People really tried hard to entertain Rachel Dolezal's "transracial" BS when she first got in the news, but statements like this just reinforces the obvious that she wants to "play dress up" with Black people.

Or, she's not mentally ill, but is just being extremely offensive and dense in order to have a public spotlight?
Yeah...

She's working all of you. You're all still talking about and thinking about her.

It's like Donald Trump. Pay attention to what he *does*, not what he says. His Twitter or any of his media outreach is trivial and unimportant unless you're a lawyer wondering if "Muslim Ban" is literal and can do something about it.

ZOONAMI

Yeah...

She's working all of you. You're all still talking about and thinking about her.

It's like Donald Trump. Pay attention to what he *does*, not what he says. His Twitter or any of his media outreach is trivial and unimportant unless you're a lawyer wondering if "Muslim Ban" is literal and can do something about it.

Well, no as Trump has a stated desire to do all of the crazy shit he said he was going to do in the campaign, and is in fact actively working to ban Muslims, build a border war, dismantle Obamacare, deport all illegals, etc.

It's apples and oranges, someone trying to sell a stupid book and the sitting president of the US. You do kind of have to pay attention to what Trump says.

Ogodei

Reading this and reading that Raceplay thread we had the other day makes me wonder if she isn't just feeling an "Otherkin" sort of thing with this. That she's basically living out a fantasy that makes her feel better about herself, inspired by those pictures of Africans (in the Sahel and the far south, as the OP quotes said) in the national geographic.

Altazor

When Keeping it Real goes wrong.

Though Rachel could've stopped after realizing the ridiculousness of the situation, how embarrassing for everybody it had become and how damaging to the cause she was allegedly advancing, she decided to keep it real.

Reading this and reading that Raceplay thread we had the other day makes me wonder if she isn't just feeling an "Otherkin" sort of thing with this. That she's basically living out a fantasy that makes her feel better about herself, inspired by those pictures of Africans (in the Sahel and the far south, as the OP quotes said) in the national geographic.

Brotherkin.

lenovox1

People have told her that you can be a researcher and a scholar on African American culture without actually being black, right?

studyguy

"Rachel Dolezal’s memoir was released last week, and in it, she not only discusses how she knew about blackness at an early age because of her grandmother’s National Geographic magazines"

k.

I saw a popular machines magazine when I was a kid. From that day on I knew I would be a robot.

Why exactly did we vindicate this racist attention-seeker by plastering her face on news reports and book covers?

The world would be better off had we let her fade away - that is ultimately the worst thing you can do to people who thrive off of attention.

Dolezal claims in her book (which some may think is a work of fiction) that her family forced her to eat her own vomit, her father walked around naked all the time, her brother would hit raw chickens with a baseball bat, and her family only adopted black kids for the tax write-off.

This would all be some genuinely disturbing shit if it weren't for the fact that Becky With The Black Name really can't be trusted to be telling the truth about any of it. As it stands it sounds like she's (once again) just making shit up out of thin air to garner sympathy.

BTW, I see Becky still isn't going by that new name that she made such a big deal about a while back. I guess it's just easier to shed her "African spirit" when it results in her not getting as much attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom