• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay offers U$589 worth of games based on current market value

J4mm1nJ03

Did the games get optimized? as in 60fps?

I don't own and will probably never own a Xbone but man.... I wanna play Conker again.

I'm wondering the same thing. I started playing Banjo again on my Xbox yesterday (preview program), and it ran the same as it did on the 360, which I believe was 30 FPS. I guess that's to be expected since it's literally the 360 version unchanged, but the fact that all of Rare's 360 games are already on the BC list makes me think that those games will be unchanged in this collection.

Hope not, though! 60 FPS Banjo-Kazooie on a console would be a dream. Wouldn't be a deal breaker for me either way however.

King_Moc

Banned
Great value collection for sure. Though I'm pretty sure you can pick up the viva pinata games for a lot less than that.

What the fuck is this post?

I believe we call them, jokes. This joke was about the rather incorrect way you determined what this value is actually worth, and how it was written in a way that reminded the person of a PR write out.

some of those games must be really rare!

2577926-3225430647-geeeo.gif

Jetpac (~$7 on Amazon/Ebay, no manual, Spectrum cartridge)
Atic Atac (~$11 on Amazon/Ebay, no manual, Spectrum cartridge)
Lunar Jetman (~$10 on Amazon/Ebay, no manual, Spectrum cartridge)
Sabre Wulf (~$10 on Amazon/Ebay, no manual, Spectrum cartridge)
Underwurlde (~$11 on Amazon/Ebay, no manual, Spectrum cartridge)
Knight Lore (~$13 on Amazon/Ebay, no manual, Spectrum cartridge)
Gunfright (~$13 on Amazon/Ebay, no manual, Spectrum cartridge)
Slalom (~$6 on Amazon/Ebay, no manual, NES cartridge)
R.C. Pro-Am (~$7 on Amazon/Ebay, no manual, NES cartridge)
Battletoads (NES) (~$25 on Amazon/Ebay, no manual, NES cartridge)
Cobra Triangle (~$6 on Amazon/Ebay, no manual, NES cartridge)
Snake Rattle N Roll (~$8 on Amazon/Ebay, no manual, NES cartridge)
Digger T. Rock (~$11 on Amazon/Ebay, no manual, NES cartridge)
Solar Jetman (~$5 on Amazon/Ebay, no manual, NES cartridge)
R.C. Pro-Am II (~$70 used on Amazon/Ebay, no manual, NES cartridge)
Battletoads Arcade (I can't find a cabinet for sale, anywhere, however, there is ONE seller parting with a board only, for $100. 1.)
Killer Instinct Gold (~$20 on Amazon/Ebay, used, no manual, N64 cartridge)
Blast Corps (~$8 on Amazon/Ebay, used, no manual, N64 cartridge)
Banjo-Kazooie ($14.99 on Xbox Marketplace 2.)
Jet Force Gemini (~$8 on Amazon/Ebay, used, no manual, N64 cartridge)
Perfect Dark ($9.99 on Xbox Marketplace)
Banjo-Tooie ($14.99 on Xbox Marketplace)
Conker’s Bad Fur Day (~$95 on Amazon/Ebay, used, no manual, N64 cartridge)
Grabbed by the Ghoulies ($9.99 on Xbox Marketplace)
Perfect Dark Zero ($14.99 on Xbox Marketplace
Kameo: Elements of Power ($9.99 on Xbox Marketplace)
Viva Piñata ($14.99 on Xbox Marketplace)
Jetpac Refuelled ($4.99 on Xbox Marketplace)
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts ($14.99 on Xbox Marketplace)
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise ($14.99 on Xbox Marketplace)

Now that is some crazy false equivalency. The actual market value for most of these would be closer to the equivalent price of similarly aged games on the Xbox Marketplace or Wii/Wii U eShop. Which makes nearly all of those very expensive, rare old games worth $5 or less; rather than $100, $95, or $70. Additionally, nearly all of the $9.99 and $14.99 titles available via the Marketplace go on sale, almost regularly for 50% off.

It's actually closer to somewhere in the region of $175-$200 'market value' worth of games. It is still an incredible deal and an outrageous number of high quality games. But it isn't anywhere close to $600 worth.

RK128

The fact that this collection contains pretty much everything from there N64 library is amazing..

Outside of DK64, which you can get on the Wii U VC now) and missing some of there Nintendo-only games (the DKC series, which you can get on Wii U VC, the DKL tittles, which you can get on the 3DS VC, Star Fox Adventures, only on the GC and lastly there GBA Ports of the DKC series and the DS remaster/remake of Diddy Kong Racing, there full history is present here.

This collection having the following:
-Banjo 1 and 2
-Perfect Dark
-Blast Corps
-Jet Force Gemini
-Conkers Bad Fur Day
-Killer Instinct Gold
-Battletoads NES and Arcade

In addition to there entire Xbox (Grabbed by the Goules) and 360 collection (Kemio, Perfect Dark Zero, Banjo Nuts and Bolts, and Viva Pinata), you have an insane value of classic tittles that anyone can enjoy :').

This is the perfect collection of games for the X1, as it opens the doors to tittles that many Xbox gamers never played before. When they heard that Microsoft bought Rare, they must have thought "Huh...thats cool, but what does that matter?". Now, they can see it for themselves through playing some of the best games ever made this summer :D.

Very smart move on Microsofts and Rare's part, as not only is this the perfect way to celebrate there history, but to also present some great franchises and games to people who may not ever played them before.

The cherry on top of this is the really retro games in this collection, as you see the early work they did before kicking things off with Battletoads and so fourth.

That sure is a nice big number to give off the perceived value. But something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

Cool

Mask

Are the Banjo games on this even the XBLA versions? Thought I saw somewhere that they were just the N64 games.

edit - Nope, I was wrong. They are the 360 versions. Never got those on the 360, so I'm happy.

Excellent so this poster of Warhol's soup cans I have must offer me a value of $15 million and I only paid $10! Best value evar!

People likely wont put much into the pre n64 games, apart from battletoads probably.

I would have been happy with just the two xbla Banjo Kazooie games ported over or just Conker. The whole package is a great deal.

Anyone who doesn't like Snake Rattle & Roll is a Philistine.

robot

Namco Museum Virtual Arcade offers tens of thousands of dollars worth of games based on current market value. Can you imagine having to buy all of those old arcade boards?

kinggroin

Banned
Calling it now.

Snake Rattle N Roll becomes the dark horse favorite amongst owners of this package. You younguns wait and see.

aaaahhh the memories

Either Microsoft has very little faith in the value of these games or they're intentionally charging peanuts in order to give these IPs some mind share within the Xbox audience. I hope it's the latter, and I hope it's some kind of plan to bring these franchises back in the near future.

I think it's the latter. It's a great way to test which ones get played more. Checking achievements and seeing who got more on which games is a very unscientific but simple test to see what games were played more. I'm curious as to what the main draws for the collection are for people.

Fingers crossed for more Battletoads down the line! Slightly worried (and I've probably mentioned this too much), but if they use the US region Nes game it's going to be tough. If memory serves the Japan one is a bit easier- and those changes filtered down to the Genesis one.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I've been wanting Conker inside me for so long.

None of the spectrum and few of the NES games look like they'd hold much interest to a 2015 audience outside of nostalgia or brief novelty. Folks would hear Battletoads is amazin then get to Wind Tunnel and ragequit.

Everything N64 era and up might hold up better. Maybe. I don't know it's been a while since I've even held an N64 controller, let alone put up with the jank of early 3D gaming.

Violet_0

Banned
is there any reason to play the first Viva Piñata when Trouble in Paradise is also included in the collection?
(I own a copy of TiP, btw)

Snake Rattle N Roll was one of the best NES games back in the day

Zach

$3 for BC and JFG?

$3 fucking dollars?

You sonofa....

Meet me somewhere bro.

MEET ME SOMEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be happy to meet a fellow gentleman for a friendly chat and A SURPRISE THRASHING BY HIRED THUGS!!!!!!!!

Anyway, $3.00 is like the "haven't played but would very much like to have a go" rate. I'm sorry for trying to support your beloved games, you monster. ;_;

SURPRISE THRASHING BY HIRED THUGS!!!!!!!!

volcarona

I'll get it just for Tooie and Nuts and Bolts, the n64 cartridge for Tooie itself costs more than twice of what this collection costs

Fisty

Its a great value, no doubt, but $500+? No way. Id say it would be worth $30 for the remasters and the Xbox Classics or w/e, but saying this is the only way to play most of these games is pretty facetious when you can pirate all of them in 5 seconds. Not to say that I would or you should, but the fact remains.

Doukou

is there any reason to play the first Viva Piñata when Trouble in Paradise is also included in the collection?
(I own a copy of TiP, btw)

Snake Rattle N Roll was one of the best NES games back in the day

Didn't TiP add some stuff that people didn't liked?

clav

Will this collection have Conker" Live and Reloaded as well?

Doubt it since I think the collection runs with the Xbox 360 emulator.

There is no OG Xbox emulator for the XB1 yet.

Makes you wonder if this collection were originally intended for the Xbox 360 through digital download.

TedHub

Banned
Doubt it since I think the collection runs with the Xbox 360 emulator.

There is no OG Xbox emulator for the XB1 yet.

Makes you wonder if this collection were originally intended for the Xbox 360 through digital download.

Grabbed by the Ghoulies, though... I wonder how they got that over?

Grabbed by the Ghoulies, though... I wonder how they got that over?

Maybe the 360 emulator emulates OG Xbox games like the Normal 360 console does.

An Emulator within an Emulator, emulatorception.

100% positive that this is not the case but I imagine it is a straight up port to Xbox One

Krejlooc

Banned
Their prices are ridiculous and shows they don't really know what they are talking about. Atic Atac going for $11? A cartridge? LOL, Atic Atac cassettes typically go for between 1 GBP and 2.

Shauni

Maybe the 360 emulator emulates OG Xbox games like the Normal 360 console does.

An Emulator within an Emulator, emulatorception.

100% positive that this is not the case but I imagine it is a straight up port to Xbox One

I don't know much about emulation, but I think this is possible, actually. I think this is how the 3DS emulated the GBA ambassador games.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I sold mint boxed Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie and Perfect Dark on N64 for a combined total of $300AU on eBay. This collection offers much better value than $589US.

Top Bottom