• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends Demo up on eShop

I dont understand why there is such a difference between the time it takes for people. I had it downloaded and installed in 10 min tops.

I don't know...I remember downloading a demo just as big on my PS3 recently but it took under 30 minutes easily...I'm really out of answers why everything takes so long to download...good thing I don't do digital downloads and buy retail...=(

Getting an error where the demo plays the intro to Teensies in Trouble then goes to the menu again. Cant access anything. Anybody else solved this?

DL took me like 10 minutes on my measly line in Germany, install maybe 2 minutes? Seems I have a Super-WiiU, never had any hardlocks either. Using a decent router though.

Demo is lovely. Murphy part wasn't bad at all - certainly way better than the mosquito levels, which I despised. Really looking forward to the final product.

ksamedi

Dl was no problem for me as I played Nintendo land while it downloaded. When I was done the dl had finished and took a couple of minutes to install. Great game. I never played origins but I really liked what I played here, especially the touchscreen stuff. I hope there is a full co op function in there.

Noticed that after exiting the demo and starting it up again, stages 2 and 3 have to be "unlocked" again. Unless I'm missing something.

careksims

Totally love the demo. Played the levels multiple times! That Castle Rock level! Now... should I get it digitally or physical copy when it comes out...

Robin64

Absolutely SUPERB game. It's an absolute shame it missed launch, but Feb/March aren't that far away really.

It went from being "I'll buy that" to "I WANT THAT".

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The murphy stuff and forced motion was just horrible. Flicking your head back and forth between the screen and gamepad all the time. Ugh.

Castle rock is insane genius though. I uses those will be little interstitial levels or something? Really fun.

VanWinkle

WOW. This demo was an absolute pleasure. The part where you controlled the little flying guy with the touchscreen reminded me so much of LBP Vita, with moving the platforms and stuff. And Castle Rock :eek: I was just blown away the whole time.

Drago

Just finished it. My thoughts:

-It's GORGEOUS. Seriously beautiful, Toad Story especially.
-Music is lovely, as expected.
-Castle Rock was good fun, and I'm excited to try other stages like it.
-Single player touch screen wasn't bad, but it was boring. Really hope there isn't a lot of it, because the parts where I was in control of Rayman were much more fun.
-It's GORGEOUS
Sorry I don't have much more to say, not very good at giving impressions. :p

Yeah, left a great impression on me. As long as the touch screen stuff isn't too rampant, I know I will have a blissful time with this one. Can't wait!

The_Lump

Banned
D/L took about 8mins (puts my ps3 to shame there i have to say). Installed in less than 2 minutes.

Incredibe game. Lovely design, art direction, animation, music, mechanics, GamePad usage.

This should have been WiiUs killer launch app...

majik13

The murphy stuff and forced motion was just horrible. Flicking your head back and forth between the screen and gamepad all the time. Ugh.

Castle rock is insane genius though. I uses those will be little interstitial levels or something? Really fun.

as already mentioned, you are not supposed to be " Flicking your head back and forth between the screen and gamepad" what gives any indication that your are supposed to. You just play that whole part only looking at the gamepad. However there is nothing stopping someone from looking at the tv occasionally if they desire, but it is not required in the slightest. Otherwise, you look down at the pad for that part, and then look up when it is done. That is all.

Is this why some people dont like the touchscreen stuff, because they get confused?

zroid

Banned
as already mentioned, you are not supposed to be " Flicking your head back and forth between the screen and gamepad" what gives any indication that your are supposed to. You just play that whole part only looking at the gamepad. However there is nothing stopping someone from looking at the tv occasionally if they desire, but it is not required in the slightest. Otherwise, you look down at the pad for that part, and then look up when it is done. That is all.

Is this why some people dont like the touchscreen stuff, because they get confused?

I think he's talking about the parts where you need to use the gyro. I didn't really find it to be a big deal though, tbh.

majik13

I think he's talking about the parts where you need to use the gyro. I didn't really find it to be a big deal though, tbh.

ah, I see, I cant remeber does the gamepad rotate icon stay on the gamepad screen the whole time? Obscuring the action, or is it only temporary? I would think after the first tutorial of that action, they will remove the motion instructions and you will just be able to keep your eyes on the pad...hopefully. otherwise, I dont see it being too frequent or different than playing zombiu, with having to occasionally watch both screens.

zroid

Banned
From what I remember, the screen just darkens and all you see in focus is the "look at the TV" message, until that section is complete.

G.O.O.

And this used to be a launch title...

Damn you Ubi :( I knew I'd enjoy the demo, but jesus christ wtf this is REALLY good

Yea, this game looks really great and I didn't have any issue with the touchpad parts at all...really wish this was a launch title.

zroid

Banned
I wish I'd pre-ordered it for 35 bucks when I had the chance... sigh

At that point, I hadn't played Origins yet and I wasn't particularly fond of the demo, so it wasn't near the top of my priority list. But right now this is looking like a day 1 for sure, whatever the price.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
really hope the game has a LOT of Castle Rock-style levels. Listening to that incredible soundtrack while, basically, playing a music video is memorable

Just played the demo. I wasnt a big fan of Origins (I only played the 3DS version), so wasn't considering buying Legends at all. But these levels were FUN. I want moar.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
The game is beautiful. Getting this game day one; luckily my 8 year old sister is willing to play as Murfy. She was so impressed with being so useful.

Morts

Loved the demo, with the caveat that I hope these are all stages from really early in the game. My expectations were already astronomical after Origins though.

Thoraxes

Loved the demo, with the caveat that I hope these are all stages from really early in the game. My expectations were already astronomical after Origins though.

Some of the content seemed simplified and too from previous hands-on events.

If anything, I would bet they cut/specified content just for this demo.

For instance the Muphy demo at previous events was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ifUrYosNmTc#t=244s

Like the hidden labyrinth section is less complex in the demo version (2 rings), where as in this video there's more turns and twists to go through, as well as three grab-rings.

Top Bottom