• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore Definitive Edition (officially) announced - August 29 / $19.99

NeoRaider

I wish them good luck if this stays W10/Store exclusive on PC. They are gonna need it.
Tho. that price is not bad at all.

Shiggy

This isn't an official announcement. It just appeared on Microsoft Store.

It is an official announcement. The game was never officially confirmed before. Unless you somehow doubt that the Microsoft Store is "official".

An official announcement isn't just through a Youtube trailer or press release.

Theorry

I don't think that's confirmed yet is it?

Nope. But people are expecting it. As one of the added things is the extra core bot wich was coming with a update after the release but got delayed the whole time. And the bot was on the cover also. So people expecting a free update. Wich is not unreasonable to demand.

Zeta Oni

It is an official announcement. The game was never officially confirmed before. Unless you somehow doubt that the Microsoft Store is "official".

An official announcement isn't just through a Youtube trailer or press release.

That works, not sure what happened with the original link.

It was never confirmed before by Microsoft.

Humor me for a second.

Following that logic...

What would you name the thread on Sunday when they "officially" reveal the game?

I understand if I'm coming across as pedantic, but I feel there's a certain expectation for what an actual official reveal is compared to what this is, which is a store link.

Stuff like comments from developers, Microsoft PR, actual footage of the game instead of seemingly re-used pictures from the base version, etc.

This is just a leak.

Alx

I'm playing the original right now, and I like it a lot, but the loading times are insufferable, I hope they fixed that. It's too bad because it's the kind of game where you would test your luck at facing enemies you're not ready to fight yet, but having to wait so long after each death is more frustrating than the death itself.

If this isn't free or at least massively discounted (like Ori) for original owners that's not cool. I liked what little of it I played and I was waiting for this update to drop so I could keep going (I heard the back end of the game is tedious or something).

Shiggy

Humor me for a second.

Following that logic...

What would you name the thread on Sunday when they "officially" reveal the game?

I understand if I'm coming across as pedantic, but I feel there's a certain expectation for what an actual official reveal is compared to what this is, which is a store link.

Stuff like comments from developers, Microsoft PR, actual footage of the game instead of seemingly re-used pictures from the base version, etc.

This is just a leak.

Ok, if the official Microsoft Store is a leak for you, and not an official source of games that are coming to the system lol

Nope. But people are expecting it. As one of the added things is the extra core bot wich was coming with a update after the release but got delayed the whole time. And the bot was on the cover also. So people expecting a free update. Wich is not unreasonable to demand.

Oh, I 100% agree. Which is why I want confirmation that the update will, in fact, be free. There is precedent for the opposite happening, after all (Ori and the Blind Forest's definitive edition update wasn't free, though it was massively discounted for owners).

AAMARMO

Banned
This game is great, how about stopping shit-posting ? If you don't like the game, don't come in a thread about it.

Don't get me wrong it might be a great game. But you paying for 1 extra mission and a new robot for the price of $20 right? I think it little too expensive just for that?

If it's replacing the OLD SKU I would think In between $15-12 is a good price point.

Bsigg12

Well Microsoft is doing a really shitty job at explaining to me what's so Definitive about this edition compared to vanilla.

This store listing seems like it went up early because I believe they are officially announcing and demoing the DE at Gamescom on Sunday.

blakep267

Well Microsoft is doing a really shitty job at explaining to me what's so Definitive about this edition compared to vanilla.
It's more of a relaunch of the game but you can't call it that. For a new buyer, your going to get a new bot,story mission, access to a new area of the map(which includes new dungeons) and likely all the updates and bug fixes. But for the most part it's just replacing the most of game

Shiggy

- New ”Eye of Obsidian" adventure
- ”T8-NK" Corebot frame.
- HDR support
- Xbox One X enhanced visuals

There's simply not that much.

peppers

I remember playing this on 30 minute sessions during the weekend back when it released and literally not being able to stop thinking about it.

Those first 5 hours are super tight.

cireza

Don't get me wrong it might be a great game. But you paying for 1 extra mission and a new robot for the price of $20 right? I think it little too expensive just for that?
Do you already know if it is going to be a paid update and the full extend of the content and changes made to the original ?

Might be a great game ? If you don't even know if the game is good, I don't understand how you can come in the thread and say it is only worth 2 dollars.

I personally don't wish for developers to close if I don't like their games.

Zeta Oni

Ok, if the official Microsoft Store is a leak for you, and not an official source of games that are coming to the system lol

I don't think you are understanding me.

I understand the game appearing on the MS storepage means the game exists.

But the state of said store page, the lack of footage, and several other things I pointed out in my comment seem to indicate this is more of a situation of a store link going up early.

In any other situation, that would be considered a leak. Leak doesn't necessarily mean the info cant/might be true, it just means you got the information before the people in control intended.

Shiggy

I don't think you are understanding me.

I understand the game appearing on the MS storepage means the game exists.

But the state of said store page, the lack of footage, and several other things I pointed out in my comment seem to indicate this is more of a situation of a store link going up early.

In any other situation, that would be considered a leak. Leak doesn't mean the info cant/might be true, it just means you got the information before the people in control intended.

The presence on the Microsoft Store alone makes this an official confirmation of the game. There's nothing to discuss here. You can consider it a leak, it's still the first official mention of this game by Microsoft.

AAMARMO

Banned
Do you already know if it is going to be a paid update and the full extend of the content and changes made to the original ?

If you don't even know if the game is good, I don't understand how you can come in the thread and say it is only worth 2 dollars.

I personally don't wish for developers to close if I don't like their games.

No.

I do hope they offer this for free to existing players. But what you paying for is Cut-Content, High preset PC graphics it seems.

I can admit that the $2 joke was a bit harsh but when did I wish for developers to close if I don't like their games?

MaulerX

Humor me for a second.

Following that logic...

This is just a leak.

If you can pre-order directly from the Microsoft store then it's not a leak. It's pretty damn official I would think.

Lom1lo

The presence on the Microsoft Store alone makes this an official confirmation of the game. There's nothing to discuss here. You can consider it a leak, it's still the first official mention of this game by Microsoft.

Of course its an confirmation, but not an official announcement. This is just a leak because the store page went up early

Zeta Oni

Well, no more wasting time then, brick walls make for poor conversation.

If you can pre-order directly from the Microsoft store then it's not a leak. It's pretty damn official I would think.

Yes, and my whole point is that there's a difference between a game being officially leaked and an actual official announcement.

But I do agree being able to pre order gives it more weight than I'm giving it.

FN-2187

Cool! I really liked the demo and meant to pick it up eventually (or wait for it to be a GWG). Will probably grab this when I get the X.

m23

It was a fun game that just needed more time in the oven, I hope they've resolved a lot of the issues.

me0wish

Demo didn't impress me, especially considering how much trouble I had with it being a windows store game. Maybe I'll give it a chance on Steam.

Great game!

Reminded me of the mid tier/B games of the last gen like Saboteur or others liek that.

I know it was flawed and it wasn't amazing, but for the price it was perfect. Had a lot of fun with it.

Shiggy

Of course its an confirmation, but not an official announcement. This is just a leak because the store page went up early

It's officially announced with this store page. Once a game is officially confirmed, it's automatically announced.

Well, no more wasting time then, brick walls make for poor conversation.

True, doesn't make sense to talk to someone who don't understand when something is officially announced and when it's not.

Montresor

Before I can say "Based Microsoft" I need to know if the following is a guess from the OP or confirmation:

"For users of the original version, this should be a free update."

ScaredHitless

Neo Member
My first impression with the game wasn't great. Ran into some weird license issues with the digital version, then the Windows version kept crashing on boot.

Once I got it rolling I really fell in love with it, quirks and all. About 10 hours in and paused my progress once the rumors about the definitive edition came in. Looking forward to picking this up again

Justinh

I think it's an easy recommendation for 20 bucks. Free for existing owners is great news too.

Before I can say "Based Microsoft" I need to know if the following is a guess from the OP or confirmation:

Oh! Good point.

Shiggy

That is not officially announced yet, but it will be free based on that a free update was long announced and that users' achievement icon have already changed to the Definitive Edition icon..

CaptNink

Awesome price - always wanted to give this game a shot.

No.

I do hope they offer this for free to existing players. But what you paying for is Cut-Content, High preset PC graphics it seems.

I can admit that the $2 joke was a bit harsh but when did I wish for developers to close if I don't like their games?

Might be time to back slowly towards the exit door?

Lettuce

So the main issue with the game was the last quarter of it was completely barren and lacked content does this version fix that then?

Lom1lo

So the main issue with the game was the last quarter of it was completely barren and lacked content does this version fix that then?

The main issue was that if you just follow the main quest you get to a barrier and have to grind. If you are exploring the world and do dungeons there isnt a problem (at least for me). I didnt understand those complains back then.

Super excited to see about this. I don't care about graphic upgrades but if they've actually polished up the game, added some qol in addition to putting the tank in there, that will be awesome

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
Really enjoyed the original. Developed by Metroid Prime team members, which you can see in some of the combat elements.

Top Bottom