• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redbox ad indicates Max Payne 3 360 on 2 discs, might need both for online play?

Lol whoa

I was planning on renting the PS3 version anyway from red box so I'm good :D

Yeah I hate that red box doesn't allow multiple game discs, is that why there are no tv season dvd at red box?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm still wondering why Redbox is even carrying the X360 version. I dont think it's worth the complaints they'll get when people will wonder where disc 2 is

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I guess the one good thing you can say about multiple Xbox Discs, is that you know you're in for a long single player campaign. Which is exactly what I wanted to hear about MP3.
Not necessarily.
Could be that there's a ton of voice acting and music. Look at LA Noire and it been on 3 discs; but was technically shorter and had less content than Red Dead Redemption which was in one disc.

Skyrim is a good example, for a game that can suck hundreds of hours of your life the game is only about 3.8GB on 360.
Size really has nothing to do with how long it can last, lol.

You can only get about 18GB on two DVDs. Not sure what they added to the PC port that would double the size.

Isn't it only about 16GB on 360 or something, they increased the size when they did that dashboard update but some space is still taken up by mandatory files or something.

dreamfall

Whoa! Two discs! I'm going 360 on this, and I'm starting to get more used to the multiple disc experience. Not that I mind, I just want this to come out already!

impact

Banned
I'm glad you already know the PS3 version is the inferior port :rolleyes

I haven't looked at the previews

bRmwv.jpg

painey

FUCK. I wanted to rent the game during the summer from redbox as I have no intention of paying $60 nor touching the multiplayer. I guess gamefly it is :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I can't wait to see people on Craigslist trying to dump their stolen Redbox copies and having to put a disclaimer that it's only half the game

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Getting on PS3 anyway, I have faith in the Max Payne devs.

Chris R

Multiple disc issue is probably what kept Redbox from renting The Witcher 2 :( I kinda wanted to try it on 360 too.

Yep it does but only the campaign disc.

Where? I never saw it on their website nor on any of the kiosks when I searched near me in the Atlanta area. On their website it still only shows the PS3 version as the only one available. I wish they rented out multiple discs in my area. Would of saved me some money lol.

Daigoro

Ok well im officially all for Bluray support for the next gen Xbox.

agreed. this multi disc shit it tiresome.

I'm still wondering why Redbox is even carrying the X360 version. I dont think it's worth the complaints they'll get when people will wonder where disc 2 is

yeah, it doesnt make sense. i wonder if there is an online pass... that would be funny.

might as well just not carry it, like every other multi disc game.

dumb.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Multiple disc issue is probably what kept Redbox from renting The Witcher 2 :( I kinda wanted to try it on 360 too.
Witcher 2 is meant to be bought, not rented like lesser casual games.

Wait, Max Payne 3 is two DVDs, but GTA IV and RDR are on one? Bwah?

Yeah, this sounds weird. MP3 isn't open world and supposedly isn't as long as either of those two, what gives?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This is obviously a plot to destroy game rentals.

Simo

Where? I never saw it on their website nor on any of the kiosks when I searched near me in the Atlanta area. On their website it still only shows the PS3 version as the only one available. I wish they rented out multiple discs in my area. Would of saved me some money lol.

They don't seem to have it available in my area now either, Michigan, but I distinctly remember them having it because it had a similar message to the PS3 version in that only the Campaign disc was available. I passed and ended up getting the game for half price like a month later.

Don't know how I missed this thread, but this is weird. I don't understand how they've managed to need 2 discs for this kind of game. Linear ~10 hour shooter with, I'm guessing, medium sized maps in multiplayer.....Just how much dialogue, music, and cutscene data is in this game? And even then, how can it possibly be more than GTAIV and Red Dead which were 40 hour games with tons of music and dialogue? Maybe lots of unique level assets?

Rockstar officially ready for next gen. They've apparently already given up on compression

danwarb

Yeah, this sounds weird. MP3 isn't open world and supposedly isn't as long as either of those two, what gives?
Variety of the environments in the game, textures and maybe quite a few video cutscenes.

Swapping discs half way through shouldn't be too much trouble.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
You can only get about 18GB on two DVDs. Not sure what they added to the PC port that would double the size.

Ultra high res textures, Higher LOD assets, uncompressed audio, multiple languages, maybe a couple Beyond HD prerendered Cutscenes(although as far as i know the game renders cutscenes in realtime), long ass campaign....and the list goes on and on.

This might be the most PC centric release since The Witcher 2......im this close to getting a 4GB GTX680 and this might just be the game to force my hand.

Given the ridiculous specs for PC (35 gigs!!!), maybe Rockstar Vancouver isn't good as optimization.

Unlikely bad optimization might cause the game to run badly, but game size would be more about compression techniques and overall game.......err size.
Im sure Rockstar have had enough experience with this gens consoles and PCs to find a team capable of optimizing the game.

Sojgat

Multiple disks should be able to be installed and use only the first disk to verify. It's so stupid microsoft won't allow this, as long as you still have the option of playing the game without a hard drive what would be the problem?

smr00

Banned
That is stupid, why not do campaign on disc 1 and multiplayer on disc 2? why split it like that? makes no sense to me.

I don't mind switching disc but if you could of put multiplayer on disc 2 and had all of the campaign on disc 1 then what the fuck?

That is stupid, why not do campaign on disc 1 and multiplayer on disc 2? why split it like that? makes no sense to me.

I don't mind switching disc but if you could of put multiplayer on disc 2 and had all of the campaign on disc 1 then what the fuck?

Stops rentals and people selling off the disc they don't want.

Top Bottom