• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

AndyD

aka andydumi
Whilst everyone is fellating JoeFenix, I beat Level 3 on Rookie.

That's how I feel too. If I beat all 5 levels on rookie I will feel accomplished. These type sof games are a ton of fun, but I am terrible in general at them.

That's how I feel too. If I beat all 5 levels on rookie I will feel accomplished. These type sof games are a ton of fun, but I am terrible in general at them.

I know this sounds like total bullshit, but so am I. But stick with it. This is a game where doing things the right way or the wrong way makes a huge difference, and you learn the right way by practice, and studying the mechanics of the game. It's very accessible. I really am usually terrible at this stuff, and now I'm up to Master and have gotten every trophy except for the 15x multiplier one.

JoeFenix

I'm a bit disappointed right now, I just got done working with the internet guy who was scheduled to upgrade my speed and because of the way the wiring is done in my house I would need to open the basement ceiling to replace the phone line which is a nightmare.

Since I'm on DSL and the phone line is old I'm limited to 8mb DL and 1mb UP which makes it impossible to stream. I would absolutely love to be able to get it to work but right now it just doesn't seem likely. The phone company is currently building a fiber network in my neighborhood but they can't give me an ETA on when it will be available, less than a year is the best I can get out of them. That would essentially give me 175/175.... I want it now!

I would switch to cable in the meantime but I'll be switching back to fiber when it's available so my best option is to just wait it out. Don't want to burn bridges with my phone company considering I spent 5 hours negotiating a good deal last weekend.

Good news is I should receive my HDCP stripper soon and that will atleast allow me to capture footage which I could slowly upload overnight or something.

I might try to stream from my brothers place in the next couple of days though, I guess I would just have to bring the PS4 over and it should work there.

C2U1c0A.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words though and I'll do my best to get something going!

I'm a bit disappointed right now, I just got done working with the internet guy who was scheduled to upgrade my speed and because of the way the wiring is done in my house I would need to open the basement ceiling to replace the phone line which is a nightmare.

Since I'm on DSL and the phone line is old I'm limited to 8mb DL and 1mb UP which makes it impossible to stream. I would absolutely love to be able to get it to work but right now it just doesn't seem likely. The phone company is currently building a fiber network in my neighborhood but they can't give me an ETA on when it will be available, less than a year is the best I can get out of them. That would essentially give me 175/175.... I want it now!

I would switch to cable in the meantime but I'll be switching back to fiber when it's available so my best option is to just wait it out. Don't want to burn bridges with my phone company considering I spent 5 hours negotiating a good deal last weekend.

Good news is I should receive my HDCP stripper soon and that will atleast allow me to capture footage which I could slowly upload overnight or something.

I might try to stream from my brothers place in the next couple of days though, I guess I would just have to bring the PS4 over and it should work there.

C2U1c0A.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words though and I'll do my best to get something going!

What about just recording a video with the share button and not streaming? Then just upload it to Youtube.

JoeFenix

I'm doing that right now but I can't get a full run since it only records 15 minutes. It's 900mb and will take 5 hours to upload..... soooo slow!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I know this sounds like total bullshit, but so am I. But stick with it. This is a game where doing things the right way or the wrong way makes a huge difference, and you learn the right way by practice, and studying the mechanics of the game. It's very accessible. I really am usually terrible at this stuff, and now I'm up to Master and have gotten every trophy except for the 15x multiplier one.
Yup, I'm having the same experience. I normally have a hard time with these sorts of games and I give up quick, but Resogun is so fun, and the challenge always feels perfect. I beat level two and three fairly easily on Normal, but then died over and over on level three. Then I finally powered through it, beat levels four and five, and then beat the game on Veteran with little difficulty. And now I am once again getting my ass handed to me by Master difficulty, haha. This game has a fantastic sense of progression and accomplishment.

joesmokey

Is everyone that is having difficulty using the Phobos ship? I am using the others for the first time to get their respective trophies, however it is much more difficult.

While the Phobos ship is a bit harder to maneuver and requires more accurate aim, you take down enemies so much faster. I like to think of it as the glass cannon equivalent.

Number45

Todays tip:

Keep your multiplier up

The life of certain humans (let's call them "secret humans") depends on the multiplier on certain phases of the level. Check out the glow BEHIND the multiplier to understand if you're going for it or not.

If the multiplier is high enough, your multiplier will flash and release a human.
If your multiplier is too low, that human will be lost instantly with an accompanying sound effect.

I know absolutely dick about celebrities, is that Prince William?
Yup.

TheExodu5

Banned
I decided to give Phobos another try since people were asking which ship was the best and I have to say it's atleast twice as easy to play the game with Phobos.

I just didn't like the slow feel of it when I wasn't used to the game but I just demolished my score and got to Hero mode again on my second attempt. It's incredibly powerful, the game goes by twice as fast just because you're killing the big enemies so much faster than with Ferox.

Ended up with 192 million on Hero and got the multiplier as high as 58x. Bananas!

Yeah I'm starting to feel that Phobos may be the best ship. The lack of mobility does really kill me due to my inexperience though...I'm often out of position for keeper spawns, and some boses are tough when you can't outrun them.

Gonna ask again for a new page. What's the easiest way to get the 15x multiplier trophy? My multiplier wears off too quickly on Master, and I have trouble staying alive long enough on Veteran.

TheExodu5

Banned
Gonna ask again for a new page. What's the easiest way to get the 15x multiplier trophy? My multiplier wears off too quickly on Master, and I have trouble staying alive long enough on Veteran.

Can you do the first level without dying on Veteran? I got to like 14 something on the first level...didn't take long to reach it on the next level. Used Ferox.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1378174789096584

Epic battle with the final boss on Experienced with the most unexpected of endings!! AUGHHHHHH.

My god Res0gun is an incredible game. Far and away the best launch game I have played so far. Addicting, challenging, a technical showcase, silky smooth, and layers of additional things to try and accomplish throughout each level. One of those games where you think you are done playing and then you go ... " just one more run I can do better! "

Hell I could play this all the way into early next year lol.

For this type of game to exist at launch is a real staple to how well Housemarque worked throughout the development process. Didn't they say they were basically doing nothing but optimization 6 months prior to launch?

I love Stardust. So is this as good?

Far and away better then Stardust. And I loved Stardust. Was playing it prior to launch of PS4 actually. But man, I give Res0gun 10/10 without hesitation. Perfection.

Can you do the first level without dying on Veteran? I got to like 14 something on the first level...didn't take long to reach it on the next level. Used Ferox.

Should be able to. It's the last trophy I need for the platinum, so I've done 1CC and everything else.

Curufinwe

I just bought the game on the SEN store.

I might not get a PS4 till this time next year, but at least I'm sure to have Resogun even if they take it off PS+ before then.

joesmokey

Should be able to. It's the last trophy I need for the platinum, so I've done 1CC and everything else.
You can also try the 3rd level if you can make it to the boss in a decent state without dying. When destroying all the cubes he spawns, you gain at least x3 multiplier in the process (not sure what it actually is).

You can also try the 3rd level if you can make it to the boss in a decent state without dying. When destroying all the cubes he spawns, you gain at least x3 multiplier in the process (not sure what it actually is).

That's actually the one I've been trying. I usually die on the 3rd phase, lol.

JoeFenix

So there's a good chance that I will be streaming tommorow from 8 PM eastern time, I could play for a couple of hours.

This will be my first time live streaming so hopefully people won't find this too boring to watch. It's not like I'm a robot, I will definitely die and restart a bunch before getting a good run. It's a process and I know that personally I go through phases where I suck for 20-30 minutes and then I do great. I'm also going to try and interact with people, I'll stream full screen but I'll have a mic and will be reading comments on an Ipad.

I created a twitch.tv account named JoeFenix so if you're interested please follow me!

Rodelero

Not sure if mentioned, but Forza 5's reviews are out and it's currently sitting below Resogun on metacritic. It's highly unlikely that Ryse will beat it, and thus, Resogun may actually be the highest rated exclusive launch title. Incredible, and from my experience on a demo today, absolutely deserved.

Cannot wait to have this game all to myself so I can fail at being good at it over and over.

joesmokey

Did some trophy hunting the past two days and finally got the platinum. It's my first platinum as well (never bothered on PS3, heh).

Will try to do some Hero mode progress today or tomorrow, as I'll be without my PS4 next week.

Jaroof

Hell yeah!!

I don't even know how I made it this high on the list. lol

1468803_10153468935020104_519100208_n.jpg

Edit: wtf, shouldn't I be third?

Okay, I checked again, and I'm 7th now. It's right.

JoeFenix

How the hell do you download a facebook video?

I've tried those video downloader sites but it always cuts out 10% in, I don't get it.

I didn't think I would love this more than Stardust. But I do.

I would like to see Housemarque do their take on Tempest and Star Castle.

Just scored the platinum. I plan to come back to this game, but greatness still awaits with my 3 other PS4 games which haven't gotten enough attention yet.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying Phobos out for the first time (I already beat the game on Normal and Veteran) and damnnnnn, what a beast.

I'm trying Phobos out for the first time (I already beat the game on Normal and Veteran) and damnnnnn, what a beast.
Ahaha that's me today, too! Not the beat the game part, but the Phobos for the first time part. I'm loving it. The lack of significant boost capability is completely made up for by the amazing OD length and how quickly it fills up. I do miss the more vertical range of the other ship, but Phobos's hits seem to extend further East/West than the other two, but that might be my imagination. Either way, gotta love that OD!

GloveSlap

This game is awesome (and hard). Question on the Level 5 boss. If it swallows you up, is it possible ride through to the back unscathed? I can never manage it, but it seems possible.

Top Bottom