• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven Megamix |OT| ft. 100+ Minigames, Story Mode, and more!

For people who played the JP release, does it go back to the traditional grid menu system or am I stuck with having to move back and forth between dioramas to select a game?

It seems that the Wii games keep their existing localizations, so you get to "enjoy" "Let's go read a bunch of books!" all over again.

I love that and I will fight anyone who doesn't.

Despera

Banned
Bought it. Played 2 hours of it already. LOVE IT!

Thank you Nintendo for an awesome E3 surprise.

As for the first gate challenge, attempted twice with Paprika and decided to go with Saltwater instead on my 3rd try. And yeah, the first few games were extremely short.

Keasar

*sees the news about Megamix being released*
*rushes to the 3DS Eshop*
*can't find it anywhere*

Confirmed on the Nintendo UK Twitter https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/743382854311215104

Great stuff.

tumblr_lr1q4ae5gj1qbyxtx.gif~c200

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
For people who played the JP release, does it go back to the traditional grid menu system or am I stuck with having to move back and forth between dioramas to select a game?

Eventually it sort of goes back to the grid style, but each "world" (4 minigames + Remix) is separate, so you have to leave one and navigate to the next. But then
it goes back to having dioramas for the next few sections, and then at the end goes back to the separate grids again.
The game has a weird structure, but it's cool. You can speed up navigating between places with the touchscreen, and in the Cafe on the far right you can view all the games on one page similar to the old games.

Instant purchase.

Honestly though, if they ever do a physical version for NA (which I'm hell as sure not gonna happen} I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Fewr

No. Most of the minigames are A, B and sometimes the D-Pad.
There is an option to use the touch screen entirely though, you could use that instead, but it's not great in my opinion.

Thanks. I'll give the demo a go anyway, and if it doesn't work then I might consider getting a new 3ds (if only I could easily get a non xl version...)

B00TE

I'll need to check this out, even though the only thing from this series I'm familiar with is Monkey Watch.

daydream

Banned
well, october was my guess for a release before the stealth release yesterday

so i was half right. gonna be a tough wait

Kinsei

Banned
I'm up to the third challenge gate and I'm really enjoying it so far. At this point the only returning game I don't like is Sneaky Spirits and all of the new games have been great. Super Samurai Slice, Tongue Lashing, and First Contact are up there with the best the series has to offer. My only real gripe so far is having to do all three stages of the endless games to unlock them. Just beating the hardest stage should be enough.

Jesus, NoE, same old shit. Can't believe the amount of games that Nintendo still launches in different regions with such a huge date difference.

I'm up to the third challenge gate and I'm really enjoying it so far. At this point the only returning game I don't like is Sneaky Spirits and all of the new games have been great. Super Samurai Slice, Tongue Lashing, and First Contact are up there with the best the series has to offer. My only real gripe so far is having to do all three stages of the endless games to unlock them. Just beating the hardest stage should be enough.
Sneaky Spirits I am fine with. Ninja I really do not know why they bothered bringing back. Also Quiz for some reason is a purchasable game (don't get it, LOL)
I think it might be easier to play the game again to get all the games instead of the challenges because Hard does not mess around.

Jesus, NoE, same old shit. Can't believe the amount of games that Nintendo still launches in different regions with such a huge date difference.

Doesn't it usually tend to favor Europe though? Like Yoshi's Woolly World launched in June for you guys, and it didn't come out until October here. Then there's the games that NOA decides not to ever bring out here, despite being in English (Another Code: R, Last Window, Disaster: Day of Crisis, etc.).

Doesn't make up for this, just saying from someone who lives with NOA, I've always been jealous of NOE.

Holy crap at the demo when the lumbercats start gyrating in the background, so hard to keep the rhythm when you're laughing :p I wish this wasn't so expensive in Canada :(
yeah this is seriously the best, I just got to it in the real game. had the biggest grin on my face.

I've never played the original rhythm tengoku and I didn't play all of the DS one so a lot of these games are new to me.

EDIT sneaky spirits is the best! what are you guys talking about.. its like shooting a perfectly timed headshot in a shooter.

Kinsei

Banned
I just got my first OK.. on airboarders. feeling pretty bad about that.

hey the souvenirs you buy from the shop.. what do they do?

The souvenirs are like the gifts you got from perfecting songs in the other games. You can read them in the museum and they give you some amusing backstory for the games.

EDIT sneaky spirits is the best! what are you guys talking about.. its like shooting a perfectly timed headshot in a shooter.

I've just always found it to be really boring. The new song for it is good, but it's still really easy with a lot of waiting.

Berordn

My only real gripe so far is having to do all three stages of the endless games to unlock them. Just beating the hardest stage should be enough.

Ugh what. I was struggling with coin flip on hard just to progress because I thought it'd save me time later.

Guess I'll chicken out to keep progressing for now.

Doesn't it usually tend to favor Europe though? Like Yoshi's Woolly World launched in June for you guys, and it didn't come out until October here. Then there's the games that NOA decides not to ever bring out here, despite being in English (Another Code: R, Last Window, Disaster: Day of Crisis, etc.).

Doesn't make up for this, just saying from someone who lives with NOA, I've always been jealous of NOE.

Goes both ways indeed, I just think it shouldn't really happen as much with dates so far apart nowadays.

BiggNife

I just got my first OK.. on airboarders. feeling pretty bad about that.

Airboarders is hard. Definitely the minigame I had to redo the most before I got Superb.

It seems that the Wii games keep their existing localizations, so you get to "enjoy" "Let's go read a bunch of books!" all over again.

The English version of Cheer Readers was great, get out of here with this nonsense

OmegaFax

Rhythm games are a hit or miss for me. There's two types of music games I've played on the 3DS ... casual games with a guide that progressively get harder if you want them to (Theatrhythm) or games with visual/audio clues where I never quite hit the beat (Harmoknight) ... and this game's the latter. I can appreciate that the game does very little handholding once you're past the tutorial for each level.

But damn, you either get the rhythm or you don't and Megamix is pretty unforgiving if you don't. To it's defense, I did lose my ass so many times on the coin toss level with the three gatekeepers let me pass. My failings are my own and the game aggravates me enough that I want to go back and get it right.

yeah idk what is supposed to be bad about that line. in fact, the localization here is really funny. each character in the different zones has made me laugh, sometimes more than once. NOA does charming localizations when they don't get lazy.

ps3ud0 8)

Zeeman

So Cheer Readers is in this? Man, that and Ringside were my favourites from the Wii one.

Is Love Rap anywhere in this or was it thrown in a dumpster like it belongs?

So Cheer Readers is in this? Man, that and Ringside were my favourites from the Wii one.

Is Love Rap anywhere in this or was it thrown in a dumpster like it belongs?

Love Rap is purchasable so you can avoid it if needed. Honestly though I do like Love Rap. I wish they picked something other than Monkey Watch though because I find it meh.

This is great, but there is a bit too much 'story'. I haven't played the DS game in a long time, but that seemed much snappier and streamlined.

Loving it though.

I beat the coin toss on hard. Is there a reason to spend my coins beating the other 2 difficulties?
I don't think so. I've tried the hard option all three times and ended up getting frustrated so I settled for the middle guy. some of these challenges are down right diabolical.

pHand

I love that and I will fight anyone who doesn't.

OK, DON'T MIND! They should've left the perfectly fine Engrish from the original. NEVA GIVU UPPU!

I think I might be the only one who loved the touch controls in the DS version. They're actually a godsend in Megamix for certain games like Ninja Bodyguard. Just pressing one button is one thing, but the second they have more than one button my brain gets confused, heh.

How the hell was PT solved like a day after release, and this has had next to no progress since release? It's not like PT's puzzle was easy to solve. There was some real nonsensical bullshit towards the end of that process.

I'm starting to think there is nothing more to it than the door and phone ending. If there is a way to beat it, then it's impossibly convoluted.

Honestly, Capcom should come out and say if there is more to this. Fuck off if you're wasting our time just to gain more attention.

UUUUUHHHHHHH...... so Rhythm Heaven Megamix is like PT?

Rhythm Heaven Megamix is the lost sequel to PT, CONFIRMED!!

Kinsei

Banned
I beat the coin toss on hard. Is there a reason to spend my coins beating the other 2 difficulties?

I don't think so. I've tried the hard option all three times and ended up getting frustrated so I settled for the middle guy. some of these challenges are down right diabolical.

Beating all three difficulties is how you unlock it as an endless game.

This game is *waaaaaaay* too chatty!

It stops being so chatty once you get past the beginner games.

Top Bottom