• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

Flux

Watched one episode. Everyone is super hot as is CW protocol. Don't like the story or writing at all. Why does everyone see Archie's AB's thru a window? I do like that it's regularly updated on Netflix, maybe I'll keep going.

Goodstyle

So is this worth watching? It's on UK Netflix (Episodes released every week) and I've read the comics growing up.

Watch the first 2 episodes to see for yourself! The second one is coming out very soon and the first 2 eps are written by the creator. You'll know if you're hooked by then. I definitely enjoy where it's going, but there are those who were hoping for a much lighter tone. See where you stand by giving it a shot.

Alpha_eX

I enjoyed it, quite self aware in it's own tropes and playfully makes fun of them. I like the whole underlying mystery tone of it.

Blackhead

Redarse
So is this worth watching? It's on UK Netflix (Episodes released every week) and I've read the comics growing up.

If you like Vampire Diaries/Gossip Girl/Pretty Little Liars then Riverdale is worth watching and actually quite promising. Otherwise, no. It's similar to the comics in name only.

Blues1990

The thing that threw me off the most, was with Jughead being Archie's "ex-best friend" in this show.

I wonder how it got to that point, unless I missed something in the first episode.

AoM

Know nothing about Archie and I liked it.

Also, I'm rewatching Twin Peaks so pretty great to see Mädchen here.

JeTmAn81

Archie comics, with the exception of some of the stuff they've started doing in the last few years, are totally toothless kids' fare. Nobody swears. Nobody has sex. Nobody dies. Everyone's parents are married. It's nothing like the show.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Is this show based on Afterlife with Archie or are they doing their own thing with it?

Own thing. Though they said they would like to do Halloween episodes adapting Afterlife.

I feel like they plan to take this show in crazy directions.

cj_iwakura

New poster:

C3sbNXFUYAAMu8E.jpg

Finished the first paperback of Afterlife with Archie, that's such a great book. Both that and the rebooted Archie series are fantastic reads.

Extremely hyped for tonight's episode.

Sean C

Magnolia cupcakes are delicious. I go there every time I'm in New York. Betty should forgive her solely on that basis.

Jhoan

I'm liking this show's take on Weatherbee. Also, detective Jughead: right place, right time. Archie can't keep no secrets from him.

Sean C

Hey, if Veronica can have cupcakes flown in from New York, why does her mom work as a waitress?

Or is her dad paying for that, I guess?

This episode was better than the premiere. Makes me think both should have aired in a 2-hour premiere last week.

The Grundy/Archie subplot needs to go. It's the most unnecessary and weakest part of the show
Interesting choice casting a black actor as Weatherbee. He fit the role nicely and gave Archie that stern "don't mess with me, Andrews" look to Archie.
Reggie is a bully and a dick, and he got into a fight with Archie. Perfect!

Dat remix of Sugar tho...
And Jughead mentioning burgers for the first time.
And the gang together at Pop's.

This was so good!

cj_iwakura

This episode was better than the premiere. Makes me think both should have aired in a 2-hour premiere last week.

The Grundy/Archie subplot needs to go. It's the most unnecessary and weakest part of the show
Interesting choice casting a black actor as Weatherbee. He fit the role nicely and gave Archie that stern "don't mess with me, Andrews" look to Archie.
Reggie is a bully and a dick, and he got into a fight with Archie. Perfect!

Dat remix of Sugar tho...
And Jughead mentioning burgers for the first time.
And the gang together at Pop's.

This was so good!

I have a feeling the Grundy/Archie crap is about to die real fast based on that preview.

Effect

The Grundy stuff reminds me of what they did with Pacey at the very beginning of Dawson's Creek where the series opens up with him sleeping with his teacher. That too started during the summer. Thankfully this might be ending very quickly as said while that lasted for a while in DC.

I enjoyed this episode much more than the premiere. Jughead and Archie together was great to watch, and I was just happy in general that we were getting more Jughead. He's by far my favorite character right now. I'm hoping the Archie/Grundy romance side plot fades quickly, but otherwise everything else is pretty great!

On a side note; I really want Jughead's hat ...

Top Bottom