• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games Announces 4 New Versions of L.A. Noire coming November 14, 2017

devilsson139

Neo Member
Please give us a midnight club remaster/remake.

And i feel if rockstar know they cant release a new game every year they will give us a remaster as a filler which im cool with.

Actually the first game from Rockstar (publisher) to land on a Nintendo console was Monster Truck Madness 64 for N64.

But not solely, as it was published in conjunction with Microsoft. Smugglers run is the first game to be developed and published exclusively by Rockstar.

vern

A lot of people called this. Wasn't Vern the first?

I was first to say I knew of a rockstar game happening. I only confirmed it was this one after the leaks came out. Thanks for the acknowledgment though 😏

Ponn

Banned
Switch tax has been a thing since launch. People have a million excuses for it, but the cost of the cartridges is the the only real one.

It's really quite stupid. Amazon messed up my order of Lego Worlds and because of the hurricane I wouldn't of ended up getting it till next week. I decided fuck it and I would just buy it digital and was surprised to find it was $10 cheaper digital.

Anyways, i'm so in for this. I loved this game and never got to play any of the DLC so replaying on Switch would be awesome.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Meh.....purchased L.A. Noire back on Xbox 360, played it for a few hours (if that) and traded it in the next day. Simply not for me. The tech and facial animations were arguably the best at the time and probably better than the majority of current gen games.

Would have preferred a remaster/remake of MANHUNT or Manhunt 3 instead. At least we know another reason why Red Dead Redemption 2 was delayed to spring 2018.

Switch tax has been a thing since launch. People have a million excuses for it, but the cost of the cartridges is the the only real one.

It's almost certainly because of the cartridges. What's really annoying is that digital only customers tend to suffer as well, since most publishers are scared of pissing of retailers.

Ridley327

TBH, $40 seems too expensive for the game on PS4/XB1 as it is. $50 is definitely taking the piss, but it doesn't seem like anyone is really winning on the price front.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It's likely a combination of both. They could eat the extra cost, but they're not willing to.
It mostly launch tax. Once the system has built up it's library and is a few years old it's much more difficult to justify a $10 or whatever price increase even if it is more expensive to use cartridges.

It mostly launch tax. Once the system has built up it's library and is a few years old it's much more difficult to justify a $10 or whatever price increase even if it is more expensive to use cartridges.

Let's hope. I think that'll only happen if/when lots of big publishers jump on board and increase competition. I think smaller publishers that release physical versions of indie titles will continue to charge more which I'm fine with, but they should really consider making the eShop prices cheaper.

So $49 for Switch
$39 for every other platform

I'd happily pay full price if they supported PSVR.

Although I'm disappointed it's only a few cases. I was looking forward to just leisurely cruising around 50s LA.

Hopefully the VR cases gets added in future. Though they'll probably be DLC if at all.

MrKeinov

Sweet. I'm getting the Switch version. My favorite Rockstar game on my favorite system of present time. Hopefully this means we can get RDR and GTAV on the system one day.

KyleCross

I disliked this game. I hate finished it. Then hate platinumed it. Now I'm probably going to hate do it all again on PS4. Hell's wrong with me?

Astral Dog

I think a year from now we are still going to have these issues you can bet on it.

Astral Dog

This whole thing reeks of T2 needing a game this holiday, but not wanting to expend their resources solely on the Switch with a GTA V port and not wanting to remaster RDR (because it's either held together by duct tape or because it would eat into RDR2's sales).

So we're left with... this.
Its no Switch exclusive, most of the effort went to the PS4/ONE versions

Piichan

Banned
Played this game a couple of months ago. It's kinda shit really. I probably would've gotten more enjoyment if I just watched a playthrough on YouTube.

Top Bottom